Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,662 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi happy :)
    Not cheeky at all but maybe the group might be helpful even for a few weeks.
    There are deals at the moment on countdown passes.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • smithyjules
    Options
    I'm reading thru this thread, thinking about joining SW and this thread too and I burst out laughing at this! I am so pleased you chose a dead lamb! :rotfl:

Anyhoo, back to the posts x

Glad to make you chuckle butterfly!what a twit I am!he he!on a serious note...it was flippin tasty!
  • Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, everyone on here (with the exception of the troll in the dungeon!) seems lovely and so enthusiastic about SW. I joined years ago, I think maybe 16 years ago? and I remember getting to eat tons of food and still losing weight. A friend of mine is doing really well on it and when she rattled off when she had for breakfast one morning, I was amazed!

I lost 2.5 stone on WW three or so years ago and have put back on 1.5 of them. It's getting to the stage when my new fat clothes are getting too small and I refuse to go up a size! I've tried WW again but I've lost my mojo :o so I think I'd like to give SW a go.

Do you think it's cheeky to go to a class, join up, get the pack and stay for the talk but not go back and just do it yourself? I can't really justify to my hubby spending £5 a week on classes when I have a gazillion diet books in the bookcase. Oh, and £32k of debt :mad:

Sell your books on Ebay or do a car boot. Personally I think it's important to stay to group in the early days at least. I have tailed off a bit the past few weeks but I've been going since May. Our consultant is not very inspiring sadly.
    Best of luck whatever you decide. :)
  • Where_You_Working
    Options
    Feel better after weigh in today if slightly confused!

Here's my losses (and gain):

1st week - 4 1/2
    2nd - 2
    3rd - 4
    4th - gained 3
    5th - 6 (today)

I not sure if correct thing to mention but last week when I had my gain, it was my HRT artificially 'time of the month', would this make me put so much back on, cos then to lose 6 this weeks seems really, really strange.

Happy though as nearly 1 stone lost in 5 weeks!
  • thehappybutterfly
    Options
    Pennylane wrote: »
    [/B]

Sell your books on Ebay or do a car boot. Personally I think it's important to stay to group in the early days at least. I have tailed off a bit the past few weeks but I've been going since May. Our consultant is not very inspiring sadly.
    Best of luck whatever you decide. :)

I think that's why I stopped going to WW - our leader only talked about herself. She never gave anyone in the class a chance to talk. The previous leader was fantastic - she had something positive to say to every person in the class and that was how I lost 2.5 stone. I was 0.5lb off my target and she and her assistants were making all sorts of suggestions to get that 0.5 off that night - "do you need a pee?" "can you take off any more clothes?!".

Hmmm, yes. I'll look out the books that I don't use and see how much I can get - even if it's just enough to pay for the first month to get me into the swing of things.

Good suggestion!
  • SwipernoSwiping
    Options
    Well, everyone on here (with the exception of the troll in the dungeon!) seems lovely and so enthusiastic about SW. I joined years ago, I think maybe 16 years ago? and I remember getting to eat tons of food and still losing weight. A friend of mine is doing really well on it and when she rattled off when she had for breakfast one morning, I was amazed!

I lost 2.5 stone on WW three or so years ago and have put back on 1.5 of them. It's getting to the stage when my new fat clothes are getting too small and I refuse to go up a size! I've tried WW again but I've lost my mojo :o so I think I'd like to give SW a go.

Do you think it's cheeky to go to a class, join up, get the pack and stay for the talk but not go back and just do it yourself? I can't really justify to my hubby spending £5 a week on classes when I have a gazillion diet books in the bookcase. Oh, and £32k of debt :mad:
    Not cheeky, but you do need to commit... you want to loose the weight, right?
    In 33 weeks of Slimming World I have lost 84lbs .. because I can't afford to go. Because the sooner I got to target the sooner I wouldn't have to pay. I wouldn't have the ideas I do had I not stayed every week, let alone the confidence to slap aload of stuff in a pan and know it will taste fine. HAd I bought the books and done it at home - even considered it several times when things slowed down - I would have not achieved the losses I have, I would have probably stopped some months back.

Well Done Where You Working :T but yes, water retention, hormonal changes messing with the body functions etc will account for that gain/loss.
  • thehappybutterfly
    Options
    Not cheeky, but you do need to commit... you want to loose the weight, right?
    In 33 weeks of Slimming World I have lost 84lbs .. because I can't afford to go. Because the sooner I got to target the sooner I wouldn't have to pay. I wouldn't have the ideas I do had I not stayed every week, let alone the confidence to slap aload of stuff in a pan and know it will taste fine. HAd I bought the books and done it at home - even considered it several times when things slowed down - I would have not achieved the losses I have, I would have probably stopped some months back.

Well Done Where You Working :T but yes, water retention, hormonal changes messing with the body functions etc will account for that gain/loss.

That's a fabulous weight loss - well done! And I take on board what you say - very good point.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,662 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    shellie~Massive congratulations on getting to your target :j :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • SwipernoSwiping
    Options
    :j-4lb down!:j
    SLIMMER OF THE WEEK...
    TARGET!!!!!
    And I will behave with all the fonts now. :D

There was gorgeous tasters. Carrot and Corriander soup, Chestnut and Mushroom Soup, Apple Strudel, Dips, quiches...pies, puddings and chocolate logs!
    Talk about a celebratory feast :D
  • wuvvies
    wuvvies Posts: 324 Forumite
    Options

ive done exactly the same as you. did ww lost 2.5 stone put one back on and "fat" clothes dont fit. so started sw this week!!!!:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure