Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• rainbowfairydust
    Options
    When is everyone's danger zone? I seem to be find during the week when i have a routine to stick too but it all goes to pot at weekend when i am free to eat when i fancy. I think this is when i need to start putting a contingency plan in action as this is when i slip up.

Double danger zones being when x factor is on or a film :undecided

ETA - I seem to associate Sat nights with scoffing..
    Sleazy wrote: »
    I like RainbowFairyDust .....

RFD for president .... Ra! Ra! Ra! :j

Undergrad degree - completed 2018
    Masters degree - completed 2019
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I also seem to associate Saturday's with scoffing.
    Oh well, not so bad if it's only Saturdays :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bf has decided I have lost enough now and doesn't want me to lose anymore so we've agreed that I will keep my target at 10st7lb but monitor it with how I'm looking and if him/his mum/my parents think its going too far we will talk about it again

Tell me if you think I'm poking my nose in but what do you think lush? My target is exactly the same as yours. I'm 5ft 9 and now a small size 12 (often a 10:D). I don't want to go any lower because I have this big fear of getting scrawny round the face and neck. When I was getting to target a number of family/friends started saying I was getting too thin. I was a bit hurt because all I'd done was get back to the weight I'd always been until 10 years ago. It was as if they only had a concept of a 'fat' me. Briefly, I just smiled, nodded and carried on until I was a weight I wanted to be.
    Blodwen wrote: »
    Our consultant is great but I don't think it's our job to buy supplies for the class on top of the £5 we pay each week.

Have a good day all :)

Obviously, if she was out of pocket on the raffle then I suppose it's fair enough to try and get it back although she shouldn't have let it happen. Many of us have said that the raffle is self-funding: next week's prize comes from this week's takings. On the other purchases then I'd definitely say it's not up to members to pay. AFAIK there is an expected outlay when you take on SW (like lots of franchises/party plan things) and then you claw it back by getting as many paying members as you can as at least a percentage of the weekly subs must go to them. I've never been a consultant but I think evilsquid (and others) have some inside knowledge. It'll be interesting to hear an informed view.

How infuriating with the scales rfd hope next week's reading is a good one to make up for it.

Well done on training your protege stef.;)

tash, I'd agree about the breakfast. You obviously managed to resist but it's so easy to start snacking (on the wrong things) mid-morning if you haven't had something substantial. Porage on the menu here tomorrow!

I've had a SW breakfast (scrambled eggs on toast) and munched on a slice of ham so far. I'm just getting over a cold so I'm not feeling very hungry at the moment. I'm out at a charity dinner tonight so I'll be going flexi but I don't anticipate large portions whatever we're given to eat.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I must admit I am very curious to know what the split is between SW & the consultant.
    If you have good numbers at your class it must be a good way to earn money if you enjoy engaging with people in that way.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • kjmtidea
    kjmtidea Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    There were problems with the scales at our group this morning too, luckily she managed to get them working in the end. 1/2lb off for me again this week, although this time I don't mind because of my birthday at the weekend.

I am aiming for 1 1/2lb this week and that will get me my 3 stone sticker, I am desperate to get it so I will be 100% for 7 days. Food for today:

B - Mullerlight, 2 rocky road bars (loves these! heb) strawberries.
    L - Jacket potato with philadelphia (hea) and fried leeks. Apple.
    D - I am going to try that chickpea dahl with rice and egg recipe, I finally managed to get the asda chickpea dahl which is syn free. I will do a load of veg to go with it.

Have a good day everyone :)
    Slimming World - 3 stone 8 1/2lbs in 7 months and now at target :j
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Tell me if you think I'm poking my nose in but what do you think lush? My target is exactly the same as yours. I'm 5ft 9 and now a small size 12 (often a 10:D). I don't want to go any lower because I have this big fear of getting scrawny round the face and neck. When I was getting to target a number of family/friends started saying I was getting too thin. I was a bit hurt because all I'd done was get back to the weight I'd always been until 10 years ago. It was as if they only had a concept of a 'fat' me. Briefly, I just smiled, nodded and carried on until I was a weight I wanted to be.

I'm 5'7" and I've just got in to a size 14. I can see where he is coming from and I don't by any means want to look thin/scrawny but I do want to lose a little more before I focus on purely toning what's left! I'm finding it hard to see any particular differences more than one day in a row so I'm hoping that changes. I used to work in rehab so I know how addictive losing weight/the compliments/feeling of control can feel so I'm hyper aware of all that at the minute. But my target is smack in the middle of the healthy weight range/bmi and I think it's a weight I will feel happiest at (as long as I don't lose too much more of my bust!:rotfl:)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • jaffa_cake_3
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Room for one more to join in the chit chat?? :-)

I have been following SW since July, and have lost 1st 4lb so far (OVER THE MOON!) :-D

How are you all finding it, any favourite foods/tips to pass on??

Hope you are all having a good week!! xx
    51lb to lose....!
    Lost so far - 18lb :j
    35% of the way there!
  • jaffa_cake_3
    Options
    Out of interest, who is starting out and who is near target?

My friend is 12lb off target now (so proud of her!) and is hoping to get there for Xmas!

I am thinking I will hit target by next Spring - I joke that i am an "ice sculpture", carving myself out lol, I really love SW as I feel so more relaxed and have a much healthier attitude towards food!

I love the free food, the fact you can have syns and that it is really a life style rather than a diet, I think that is why for the first time in years I have been able to lose weight....

I am now the lightest I have been for 3 years - I cannot believe it! :-)

Anyway, enough of my waffle, hope to hear from someone soon! :-) xx
    51lb to lose....!
    35% of the way there!
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm 10 weeks in (this is week 11) and I'm about half way, got another 22lbs to go until the target I've set. Hoping to be between 7 and 10 lbs away from target come Christmas :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • jaffa_cake_3
    Options
    Hey Lush!

That is great news! I don't know about you, but it felt so unachieveable for me before, and just overwhelmed me.... now however, it feels like I can do it and I am even thinking things like "when I get to target" etc....

I am finally excited about losing weight, and finding it pretty easy so far! Completely converted!! xx
    51lb to lose....!
    35% of the way there!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills