Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,057 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I have been ‘lurking’ on this thread for a few weeks now and avidly reading all your posts – you are an inspiring and helpful bunch.

This is probably a bit of an essay but here goes:

I started SW in May with some free booklets that came in the newspaper – I had been struggling to lose a stubborn 12lbs that had crept on over the last year or so and had tried other diets but no luck. SW worked a treat and got rid of those excess lbs within about 6 weeks and I have maintained my target weight of 8st 7.5lbs since then. I really enjoy the ‘Food Optimising’ way of eating but my only problem is that I have a diet saboteur in my OH :mad::mad: things are fine during the week while I am working and in control of the cooking but at the weekends everything goes to pot! He is one of those people who can eat virtually what he likes and never gains a lb and he always wants to have take-aways & wine at the weekend. His theory is that we work hard enough during the week and deserve a treat, which is sort of true but I always feel so bloated after the weekend (even though my weight doesn’t seem to suffer too much - yet:eek:). How do you guys manage to keep to the ‘straight & narrow’?

Sorry to have gone on a bit – nice to ‘meet’ you all.
  • oopsadaisydoddle
    Options
    Hi again,

I got weighed this morning so know what I'm aiming for. Think I might try and go it without the books and if I struggle I might pop to a class and get them as PP suggested!

I was actually a consultant for SW in a previous life but that was over 12 yrs ago so I'm not up to date.

Today I'm doing original.

Had hex a) milk
    hex b) x2 slices wholemeal bread

Chicken, tomato and lettuce

Free food bananas and strawberry and also muller light greek style coconut - yummy!

Going to have salmon and veg for tea. And maybe meringue and another yog for pud as syns.

Hope everyone is well.xx
  • evilsquid1603
    evilsquid1603 Posts: 1,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pennylane wrote: »
    I think this is something Consultants should try and stamp on because I know a lot of people feel the same about hearing this negative talk. I wonder if anybody from SW ever checks out this site? I've said it before on here - I'd love to stay to group and hear some tips and ideas but it very often disintegrates into a moaning session.:(

that was one of the things i began to resent, i don't want to hear how someone had an all you can eat chinese buffet washed down with a crate of beer and lost weight whilst I have been 100% on plan and maintained. and half the time, they get longer because everyone then obv joins with the "ooohh i love spring rolls! mmmm prawn crackers!" talk :mad:

anyway, if someone at SW isn't checking out this site, id be considering hiring a new marketing and research team if i was them.nowhere else will they get all this info on what works and what doesn't for free :rotfl:

sukeyboo wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I have been ‘lurking’ on this thread for a few weeks now and avidly reading all your posts – you are an inspiring and helpful bunch.

This is probably a bit of an essay but here goes:

I started SW in May with some free booklets that came in the newspaper – I had been struggling to lose a stubborn 12lbs that had crept on over the last year or so and had tried other diets but no luck. SW worked a treat and got rid of those excess lbs within about 6 weeks and I have maintained my target weight of 8st 7.5lbs since then. I really enjoy the ‘Food Optimising’ way of eating but my only problem is that I have a diet saboteur in my OH :mad::mad: things are fine during the week while I am working and in control of the cooking but at the weekends everything goes to pot! He is one of those people who can eat virtually what he likes and never gains a lb and he always wants to have take-aways & wine at the weekend. His theory is that we work hard enough during the week and deserve a treat, which is sort of true but I always feel so bloated after the weekend (even though my weight doesn’t seem to suffer too much - yet:eek:). How do you guys manage to keep to the ‘straight & narrow’?

Sorry to have gone on a bit – nice to ‘meet’ you all.

if you want treats, either go down the 105 syns a week route and plan them in or just accept you can have a flexi syn meal at weekend. tbh, my new "thing" is saying i don't eat that because it doesn't agree with me. random things now have just been sending my stomach so off that if i'm offered them now i just pull out "oh god no! it makes me feel AWFUL!" and people tend to leave me be. been using it on things i just don't fancy too as opposed to stuff that does make me bad.
  • psychopathbabble
    Options
    Ok, after my NSV on Saturday, I've sidetracked a little. Was fine at work yesterday morning, although I did have a teeny tiny millionaire shortbread square that was forced upon me. Then I got home to a very hungover OH who persuaded me to have pizza for tea (I was very tired after getting up at 3.45am and it didn't take too much persuasion :() then today my friend got lunch for me so it's been a high syn day apart from dinner - philly and bacon chicken breasts, SW chips, cauliflower and carrots - so hopefully I haven't done a serious amount of damage. Not weighing in until Thursday this week.
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • rainbowfairydust
    Options
    Hi again,

I got weighed this morning so know what I'm aiming for. Think I might try and go it without the books and if I struggle I might pop to a class and get them as PP suggested!

I was actually a consultant for SW in a previous life but that was over 12 yrs ago so I'm not up to date.

Today I'm doing original.

Had hex a) milk
    hex b) x2 slices wholemeal bread

Chicken, tomato and lettuce

Free food bananas and strawberry and also muller light greek style coconut - yummy!

Going to have salmon and veg for tea. And maybe meringue and another yog for pud as syns.

Hope everyone is well.xx

the greek style yoghurts are synned (only 0.5 though)
    Sleazy wrote: »
    I like RainbowFairyDust .....

RFD for president .... Ra! Ra! Ra! :j

Undergrad degree - completed 2018
    Masters degree - completed 2019
  • rainbowfairydust
    Options
    I have WI tomorrow - feeling apprehensive.
    Sleazy wrote: »
    I like RainbowFairyDust .....

RFD for president .... Ra! Ra! Ra! :j

Undergrad degree - completed 2018
    Masters degree - completed 2019
  • CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    Options
    Another 2lb off for me today :)

Welcome to all the newbies :D
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • oopsadaisydoddle
    Options
    the greek style yoghurts are synned (only 0.5 though)

Thanks for that! I wouldn't have known. They're gorgeous for 0.5 syns!! In fact I'm just off to have one for my supper!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,337 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    1 1/2 off for me.
    Only I think as I forced myself to go on my trike for a wee while.
    My knees most certainly feel it now though :rotfl: :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • absolutebounder
    absolutebounder Posts: 20,305 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that! I wouldn't have known. They're gorgeous for 0.5 syns!! In fact I'm just off to have one for my supper!!

Not exactly a healthy option. Full of additives including aspartame :eek: plus nearly as much sugar as a full fat coke. Also :eek:
    Who I am is not important. What I do is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure