Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• rainbowfairydust
    Options
    Morning

How is everyone doing this grey monday morning (bleugh ).. am ok. Feeling a bit down this morning but this is probably due to grey skies & the fact its monday.

EE for me today and am having

B - Melon followed by SW Quiche with ham

L - HM Soup (this is my lunch all week) with 2 slices of WM bread (hex b )

D - Extra lean mince with spring onions cooked in gravy (0.5 according to syns online ) with cauli & broccoli on side

Snacks - Milk, Muller greek yoghurt (0.5 syns), strawberries, blackberries, blueberries & raspberries & options hot chocolate (2 syns)
    Sleazy wrote: »
    I like RainbowFairyDust .....

RFD for president .... Ra! Ra! Ra! :j

Undergrad degree - completed 2018
    Masters degree - completed 2019
  • kjmtidea
    kjmtidea Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    I'm starting to get that 'I don't want to go to slimming world tomorrow' feeling because I know I will have a gain but I will go and I will stay for the meeting and soon enough it will be next weeks weigh in and I will have a good loss.

It's just frustrating because every week there are the same people who go on about how they have had 3 takeaways that week and still lost but I can't even have one day off!
    Not sure what my food plan for today is, I am currently working my way through a punnet of grapes for breakfast :rotfl:
    Slimming World - 3 stone 8 1/2lbs in 7 months and now at target :j
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,338 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Only 1 degree here today.
    Cold cold cold.
    Which sadly makes me want to eat.
    I really struggle with this only being allowed to be 3 lbs over target max when its cold.
    Ho hum.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning all, hope everyone had a good weekend.

Fingers crossed for your WI, Kjmtidea and anyone else heading towards the scales today.

Had an interesting conversation last night with a new slimming world member on my FB account. She is already in my friends list and was saying how she was struggling to get her head round the plan so eventually went to inbox messages where she told me what she had eaten since first WI on wednesday and asked how to catagorise it on the food diary. Well to say im astounded is an understatement. Thursday she had white bread sandwiches, friday mcdonalds followed by wine spritzers and then saturday chinese takeaway, sunday a roast dinner but again canned soups and white bread. Broke it all down into syns for her so she could see what she had eaten and showed how to fill in food diary. Also told her to make use of the online membership so she can benefit from the meal plans and hopefully pull of a loss before weds.

Anyway, my meals today are -
    B, apple and banana.
    L, leek and potato soup with wm roll.
    T, cottage pie, green beans, broccoli.

Has anyone tried the Kiwiberries from Asda? OMG! i bought them reduced last week and they sat in the fruit bowl a couple of days before anyone would try them but i have to say they are lovely will definitely be looking for some more this week.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • **tracey**
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    2 syns extra is no problem, easily clawed back. I'm speaking as someone who always stored their syns up across the week: I have almost all my syns (about 80) at weekend and the rest just if I need them for gravy and sauces in the week. It's not recommended but it worked for me.

Glad to hear this, I am hoping it will also work for me. I had a frozen pizza on Saturday night. It was lovely but not sure it was really worth it.
    VSP member #25
  • Blodwen
    Blodwen Posts: 841 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Just catching up on the weekend's posts. Well done to those who have lost and welcome to the newbies.

I know I'm pretty late joining in here but re. raffle in class - we don't always have one (depends if enough people want to buy a ticket) but when we do it's occasionally for a cookbook but sometimes for the fruit basket. Considering often there isn't much in it and even then it's past its best, I don't bother. I think tickets are £1 a strip as well, and I've only won once. As I've said before, not that many people regularly stay, maybe 15, and only a few remember/bother to bring fruit. Last week a lady I sit near won for 'best achiever' (as SOTW had gone) and other than the packet of savoury rice that she brought and the smartprice mashed potato that I brought, there was a bruised apple and a banana and that was about it! I don't mind so much if it's for SOTW but for a raffle it's just cheeky- after all, what happens to the money collected for tickets? When I used to clerk at WW we counted the money from ticket sales then made up a prize using all the money, e.g. a cook book and some cereal bars etc. Sounds like some of your classes have great prizes but I don't buy a ticket any more as just not worth it.

Late again but re. out of date/left out food. I'm also of the 'sniff it and see' opinion, depending on what it is. Although saying that, I made OH a sandwich this morning with sliced chicken that had been open a couple of days and slightly out of date - I sound like a terrible wife but it looked and smelt fine and I wouldn't have hesitated to eat it myself. The only time either of us has ever had food poisoning was from (presumably undercooked) chicken in a restaurant so will keep doing things my way! Can't see how leaving meat free stuff out of the fridge would cause much of a problem.

Written too much again so will just say WI tonight, been good so hoping for a loss, and EE today!
    B: Bran flakes (B), milk (A), banana
    L: L/O scouse, 1/2 slice bread (3)
    T: TBC- probably pasta
    S: Yogurt, Freddo (5)

:)
    2011: [STRIKE]Houses[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]weddings[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]cats[/STRIKE]
    2012: [STRIKE]Start renovating new house (aka open enormous can of worms)[/STRIKE] _pale_
    2013: [STRIKE]Lose weight[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]get fit[/STRIKE] and FINISH THE HOUSE!

Weight loss - Apr '12 -Sept '13: 95lb
  • Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    kjmtidea wrote: »
    I'm starting to get that 'I don't want to go to slimming world tomorrow' feeling because I know I will have a gain but I will go and I will stay for the meeting and soon enough it will be next weeks weigh in and I will have a good loss.

It's just frustrating because every week there are the same people who go on about how they have had 3 takeaways that week and still lost but I can't even have one day off!
    Not sure what my food plan for today is, I am currently working my way through a punnet of grapes for breakfast :rotfl:

I could have written that post myself!:) I have not stayed behind after WI for about a month now, purely because I CANNOT STAND listening to people running on about eating all the wrong stuff and still losing weight.

I stick to plan and never eat cakes, biscuits, sweets and bread. I have a pkt of low fat crisps about once a fortnight. I don't take sugar and I only drink skimmed milk. I cook loads of SW recipes and we eat very healthily. Everything I cook is from scratch and included loads of fruit, veg, fish and lean meats.
    I have lost weight (see below) but it has taken since middle of May. If we eat out (which is not very often) I choose a steak and salad and maybe new potatoes. I never have a pudding.

I think this is something Consultants should try and stamp on because I know a lot of people feel the same about hearing this negative talk. I wonder if anybody from SW ever checks out this site? I've said it before on here - I'd love to stay to group and hear some tips and ideas but it very often disintegrates into a moaning session.:(
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't have the books anymore :-(. Lost in a house move. I suppose I could always join or get the books off eBay and then join this thread.

I just thought online might be a good way to access syn values for things but I suppose the books have a lot in anyway. Thanks for replying.

If I were you I'd go to just one class. It'll cost you £10 and you'll get the talk to update you as well.
    Hi Again,

I've decided to give it a go and start tomorrow. Can anyone suggest anything I can just grab for lunch? I only get 2 x 15 min breaks at work so don't have a lot of time for heating things up!

Thanks for any tips.

That's so difficult to answer depending on how much preparation you're able to do at home. If I'm caught out in town with nothing, I'd go for a packet of cold meat (chicken or ham) and some bananas. If I was planning in advance I'd make pasta salad or a chunky soup if I had time to ping it.

Spent a day grazing yesterday, mostly on free foods but SF was a bit low. Today I've had beans on toast but not feeling very hungry for any lunch. Maybe I'll have a banana and wait for my dinner.

It is frustrating when weight loss is very slow. When I was getting to target I averaged 1 to 1.5lbs a week. There are people in my group who have even slower losses. I think sometimes there are genuine errors with someone eating something regularly that they think is free/superfree (sweetcorn and peas often are culprits there). Other times it's very hard to explain. Success Express or a general change in variety of meals or type of plan seem to be the usual suggestions.

stef, that's an amazing story about the new SW member:eek: Are you saying she'd been to a class, had the talk and the books but thought what she was eating was ok?
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Options
    Maman, im still trying to get my head round it. Yes she had been to a class. She has struggled to understand the plan so it maybe an error on the consultants behalf but she said to me last night that everyday she has picked up the books and tried to follow what it says but its too complicated for her. I do think she believed what she had eaten was ok though as i remember my first class being told you can still eat your original foods IF you syn them. She hadnt registered on the website so didnt know syn values at all and to be honest i dont think it shocked her one iota when i said her Mcdonalds meal alone was 47 syns :eek: - her only saving grace was the diet coke.

Still sent her in the direction of the website meal plans to have a look to see what she can incorporate into her lifestyle. I dont think she can cook though as i have seen regular comments that her neighbour does all the cooking for her she just buys the ingredients. Well she has my details now so she can contact if she needs anymore help but i do think she is the kind that wants maximum results for very little effort. If only it worked that way. :rotfl:
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • tashmartin
    Options
    Hi all can i join please? I've done sw before but stopped when pregnant and now my little boy is 7 weeks old i really need to start again! I have lots of lovely clothes in my wardrobe and they all look awful plus i have a family holiday booked for may 13 with a gorgeous size 10 sister in law and if i dont shift this weight before then i'll be covering up again:-(
    Have been shopping today and filled the fridge with healthy stuff so fingers crossed!I want to lose 4 stone overall and hopefully by posting on here i'll stick to it. Thanks to everyone who posts and for all the tips, am off to start at the first page whilst DS is nappingxx
    october gc-£74.80/ £200
    NSD-4/ 18
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family