Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• oopsadaisydoddle
    Options
    Hi,

I haven't read the whole thread but it sounds like you're all doing well. Im debating whether to join SW online. I've attended classes previously but often find them hard to get to.

I'd like to lose 1.5 stone (2 if possible) but I'm worried I'll struggle. I've just lost 2.5 stone doing the Cambridge plan which I found really easy. Then I went on hols and opened the food floodgates so have found it hard to stick to.

Does anybody else just do it online or not attend class? And are you finding it ok?x
  • rainbowfairydust
    Options
    Morning all

How is everyone today? I am feeling quite chirpy which i think is because the sky is blue & the sun is out. Its chilly but lovely. A real autumn morning :D

Just watching Ghost on catch up.. love this film. Whoopi Goldberg is hilarious in this film:rotfl::rotfl:
    Also have a selection of veggies in the slow cooker for me to soup later on (cooking in veggie stock & a bay leaf)

green today -

B - Porridge (hex b) made with half skimmed milk(hex a)/water with fresh strawberries
    L - Spag hoops
    D- chunky veg soup with 2 slices of WM bread (2nd Hex B)

Snacks - apple , mixed berries, 3 mini babybel light (hex a -2nd one), options hot choc (2 syns) & a muller light yoghurt (0.5 syns)
    Sleazy wrote: »
    I like RainbowFairyDust .....

RFD for president .... Ra! Ra! Ra! :j

Undergrad degree - completed 2018
    Masters degree - completed 2019
  • rainbowfairydust
    Options
    maman wrote: »

rfd, I wondered about the apple juice. It has syns but you're not actually drinking it so probably not too bad. I'd just be aware that you should keep low syn for the rest of the week as I'd have no idea how to calculate it. I tend to cook my gammon very traditional with onion, carrot, bay and some peppercorns although I think there's a recipe with diet coke too. Both are syn free so worth thinking about for next time. My way I get fantastic stock for making lentil soup.

Cooked with diet coke before and it was delicious !

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi,

I haven't read the whole thread but it sounds like you're all doing well. Im debating whether to join SW online. I've attended classes previously but often find them hard to get to.

I'd like to lose 1.5 stone (2 if possible) but I'm worried I'll struggle. I've just lost 2.5 stone doing the Cambridge plan which I found really easy. Then I went on hols and opened the food floodgates so have found it hard to stick to.

Does anybody else just do it online or not attend class? And are you finding it ok?x

I only have experience of going to classes which are variable in quality. I'm sure you'll get plenty of other responses but the general feeling when we've 'talked' about it on here seems to be that online membership isn't up to much. As you'e done it before you should have the books so could do it alone, using this thread as a support group.

I've made a good start, with two fried eggs on toast and a banana. Not sure what's happening for the rest of the day, DH is ill with 'man flu' so depends whether he feels like eating or I'm just cooking for myself.
  • evilsquid1603
    Options
    That's brilliant evilsquid. How much further to your target?

my old target was 8 stone 10 so that's another good 2 stone yet. tbh I think ill prob go a bit higher this time, that was nearly 5 years ago now!
  • DanielleNic87
    Options
    Morning all :wave:

My 1st weigh in was yesterday and i lost 5.5lbs. I was over the moon as i had 4 meals out this week :eek:

February GC £26.68/£250

• oopsadaisydoddle
    Options
    I only have experience of going to classes which are variable in quality. I'm sure you'll get plenty of other responses but the general feeling when we've 'talked' about it on here seems to be that online membership isn't up to much. As you'e done it before you should have the books so could do it alone, using this thread as a support group.

I've made a good start, with two fried eggs on toast and a banana. Not sure what's happening for the rest of the day, DH is ill with 'man flu' so depends whether he feels like eating or I'm just cooking for myself.

I don't have the books anymore :-(. Lost in a house move. I suppose I could always join or get the books off eBay and then join this thread.

I just thought online might be a good way to access syn values for things but I suppose the books have a lot in anyway. Thanks for replying.
  • rainbowfairydust
    Options
    I don't have the books anymore :-(. Lost in a house move. I suppose I could always join or get the books off eBay and then join this thread.

I just thought online might be a good way to access syn values for things but I suppose the books have a lot in anyway. Thanks for replying.

i often just google the product followed by syn values. Google always tends to have an answer. You could also ask on minimins http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/ as there is a sub forum for users to request syn values. The general rule of thumb is 20 calories = 1 syn..

• lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    been out today and I've bought a pair of size 14 jeans from Next! I haven't been size 14 anywhere since college so that's 6 years ago now! ahh awesome feeling - spent ages skipping round the shopping park and then again at home when I put them on to show the bf.

Had a Subway today - only free/superfree inside and syns online gave me a value of 9 for the bread and then one of the features said to take 6 syns off if using it as a healthy extra! couldn't believe how nice it was without all the sauces and cheese I used to add!

Tonight I've had a grilled chicken kebab with lettuce, tomato, carrot and cabbage on. Syns online said 7 for the pitta (I got it separate and weighed it etc! slightly sad I know) so I've called it 15 for the whole thing (just to allow for sneaky hidden syns if there was any chance of them)...but I've only eaten half!

Feeling very full, very treated and still well behaved. Now just to hammer the exercise for three days! Really going to need a new coat as soon as it starts getting cold - mine goes round me one and a half times now!
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • oopsadaisydoddle
    Options
    Hi Again,

I've decided to give it a go and start tomorrow. Can anyone suggest anything I can just grab for lunch? I only get 2 x 15 min breaks at work so don't have a lot of time for heating things up!

Thanks for any tips.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport