Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,057 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    jaffa_cake wrote: »
    Out of interest, who is starting out and who is near target?

My friend is 12lb off target now (so proud of her!) and is hoping to get there for Xmas!

I am thinking I will hit target by next Spring - I joke that i am an "ice sculpture", carving myself out lol, I really love SW as I feel so more relaxed and have a much healthier attitude towards food!

I love the free food, the fact you can have syns and that it is really a life style rather than a diet, I think that is why for the first time in years I have been able to lose weight....

I am now the lightest I have been for 3 years - I cannot believe it! :-)

Anyway, enough of my waffle, hope to hear from someone soon! :-) xx

Welcome Jaffa Cake :j
    You sound like you are really enjoying SW - I do too - the variety of food you can eat is enormous and so tasty as well. I am at target but just like rfd & beanie I do struggle with weekends - especially Saturday nights!

Do you attend a group?

I just got some books and did it myself as my nearest group was about 8 miles away and at an awkward time of the day for me - also I didn't have an awful lot to lose (12lbs). A friend of mine is joining a group tomorrow - she is hoping to lose a stone before Christmas.

Hope you all have fun and enjoy the rest of this very wet day (well it is here anyway :mad::mad: )
  • smithyjules
    Options
    Sorry I just seem to read and run and drop in to ask questions!

Just for once I've got a recipe to share that I made last night and was delish! I think (hope!!) it was syn free on EE.

I call it Lamb Broth with potato skins and it served me and Hubby (big appetite) and a little left over to freeze.

1 Onion (finely diced)
    1 Stick Celery (finely diced)
    1 large Carrot (finely diced)
    Garlic (finely diced) to taste (We like lots!)
    Dried herbs
    Lamb Oxo cubes (I used about 4)
    Savoy cabbage (finely diced)
    Brown Rice (cooked) just to bulk it up a bit
    Died Lamb or lamb steaks cut up into very small pieces with all fat removed
    A glug of soy sauce, wostercer ( I can't ever spell this!) salt and pepper

First I put all the diced veg (apart from the cabbage) into a large pan with Lamb Oxo Stock. Simmer this until the veg are tender.

Brown the Lamb pieces in a little fry-light and add them to the broth along with the cooked rice and chopped cabbage and simmer until cabbage is tender and lamb is cooked.

I serve this with jacket potato skins made in advance and frozen in batches (after someone lovely poster on here told me jacket spuds freeze well!)
  • Rosie1978
    Rosie1978 Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya! Can I join in? I'm back off to SW tonight. (or 'S Dubs' as I call it, to be down with the kids :p)

I was doing so well and had lost 12lbs until 4 weeks ago when I fell off the wagon spectacularly - I'm so disappointed in myself! Since then it's been 3.5lbs on, 0.5lbs off then I hid for a week and tonight I'm going to see the damage!! I'm hoping I've still lost 7lbs but we'll see!

I don't know why I get that close to the stone then mess it up - I always do it! :(

Anyway, thought I'd share. I guess I'll see where I'm at tonight and get back on it. I've already made some pots of SW chocolate mousse and a nice syn-free risotto so wish me luck!!
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,057 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Rosie1978 wrote: »
    Hiya! Can I join in? I'm back off to SW tonight. (or 'S Dubs' as I call it, to be down with the kids :p)

I was doing so well and had lost 12lbs until 4 weeks ago when I fell off the wagon spectacularly - I'm so disappointed in myself! Since then it's been 3.5lbs on, 0.5lbs off then I hid for a week and tonight I'm going to see the damage!! I'm hoping I've still lost 7lbs but we'll see!

I don't know why I get that close to the stone then mess it up - I always do it! :(

Anyway, thought I'd share. I guess I'll see where I'm at tonight and get back on it. I've already made some pots of SW chocolate mousse and a nice syn-free risotto so wish me luck!!

Good luck for tonight Rosie - hope it all goes well - it may not be as bad as you think :j
  • Blodwen
    Blodwen Posts: 841 Forumite
    Options
    well what a ruddy fiasco that WI was..got there to find an enormous queue of people that didnt seem to be moving. Then discovered the scales were not working so the consultant had ran out to buy some.

Not much of an explanation as to what was happening from the consultant or anyone so there was people just stood around. I have been weighed on shop bought scales this week, however I managed to lose 1.5lbs :j

My aim is for 1 next week. I have to remember slow & steady wins the race :cool:

Something happened to our scales this week too - must be a week for all the gremlins in the system waking up! Not sure what happened but when I got there there was a massive queue. Well done on your loss :)
    maman wrote: »
    Tell me if you think I'm poking my nose in but what do you think lush? My target is exactly the same as yours. I'm 5ft 9 and now a small size 12 (often a 10:D). I don't want to go any lower because I have this big fear of getting scrawny round the face and neck. When I was getting to target a number of family/friends started saying I was getting too thin. I was a bit hurt because all I'd done was get back to the weight I'd always been until 10 years ago. It was as if they only had a concept of a 'fat' me. Briefly, I just smiled, nodded and carried on until I was a weight I wanted to be.

Obviously, if she was out of pocket on the raffle then I suppose it's fair enough to try and get it back although she shouldn't have let it happen. Many of us have said that the raffle is self-funding: next week's prize comes from this week's takings. On the other purchases then I'd definitely say it's not up to members to pay. AFAIK there is an expected outlay when you take on SW (like lots of franchises/party plan things) and then you claw it back by getting as many paying members as you can as at least a percentage of the weekly subs must go to them. I've never been a consultant but I think evilsquid (and others) have some inside knowledge. It'll be interesting to hear an informed view.

Interesting to see your target and height Maman. I'm aiming to lose 100lb to start with, which will take me to 11.13 (I'm 5ft 11) - my WW goal which I eventually got to then exceeded by a mile (another story) was 11.2 but I know many shorter people are happy higher than that so we'll see. Don't seem to be able to get away with higher weights despite my height!

Re consultant- she has been doing it for 15 years so wouldn't have thought she'd let it get to that. As far as I'm concerned what is planned for the class and the raffle are 2 different things as not all classes do them, and I know there would be more takers if the prizes were better, so bit of a vicious circle atm.
    jaffa_cake wrote: »
    Out of interest, who is starting out and who is near target?

My friend is 12lb off target now (so proud of her!) and is hoping to get there for Xmas!

I am thinking I will hit target by next Spring - I joke that i am an "ice sculpture", carving myself out lol, I really love SW as I feel so more relaxed and have a much healthier attitude towards food!

I love the free food, the fact you can have syns and that it is really a life style rather than a diet, I think that is why for the first time in years I have been able to lose weight....

I am now the lightest I have been for 3 years - I cannot believe it! :-)

Anyway, enough of my waffle, hope to hear from someone soon! :-) xx

Welcome and well done Jaffa Cake, you're doing great and have a good attitude to the whole thing. I've been going for 6 months exactly (doesn't feel that long tbh) and am pretty much half way through, depending on deciding on a final goal. Think it'll take longer than 6 months to lose the rest as everything has slowed down a bit but as you say it's a sustainable lifestyle change so am planning to keep following the principles beyond target :)

Welcome Rosie :wave:
    2011: [STRIKE]Houses[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]weddings[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]cats[/STRIKE]
    2012: [STRIKE]Start renovating new house (aka open enormous can of worms)[/STRIKE] _pale_
    2013: [STRIKE]Lose weight[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]get fit[/STRIKE] and FINISH THE HOUSE!

Weight loss - Apr '12 -Sept '13: 95lb
  • jaffa_cake_3
    Options
    Hellooooo!

Yes I am loving SW, I was going to group, but like others, the times are really hard to fit in (I live in a little village and it's quite a drive to the nearest group! 10 miles....) so I am using my little pack that I got from group and my friend is really helpful with any syn values I may need!

I really do love it, and view it as a complete lifestyle rather than a "diet" and it is so easy?? (NOT always 100% of the time, but if I have a slip up, rather than just write the whole week off etc, I just think, "okay, bad day, lets start again tomorrow") lol.

Well done you for reaching target - that is great!! I have another 2 stone ish to lose really, but I will get there - eventually lol.... 1st 4lb gone so far so it feels like it's just a matter of time!

I had the most wonderful thing at the weekend, I went to a charity shop and got two pairs of trousers in size 12, that fit! (for £5 too - one pair was Jane Norman too! oooh!) I have a few pairs of jeans that are a 12 - so now I feel great that I am now a "proper" 12 (well on the bottom half... I am quite curvy so the top half is more 12/14 lol). I was a definite 16 back in July, so I am sooooo happy!

BTW - Hi to Rosie! Welcome back to SW - you can do it!! I will always pass on words of encouragement as I know how frustrating it is to fall of the wagon - past experience there!! lol

Let us know how the weigh in goes!! xxx
    51lb to lose....!
    Lost so far - 18lb :j
    35% of the way there!
  • nessie216
    nessie216 Posts: 839 Forumite
    edited 9 October 2012 at 4:24PM
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I must admit I am very curious to know what the split is between SW & the consultant.
    If you have good numbers at your class it must be a good way to earn money if you enjoy engaging with people in that way.

I think consultants only get 20% for under 35 members (target members are not included) but 40% over 35 members and possibly a higher % over a bigger number

ETA: It is a percentage of the subs we pay!

My consultant is new and is not making money at the moment (i think about 1 month ago she earnt 40p in one night :eek:)

They have to fork out for the plates/cups/cutlery for tasters etc. and teas and coffee (if your group has it) and the raffle - it is alot to pay for on 40p per week! :rotfl::eek:

As a side, i didn't go to group this week - after coming of the depo in April I am having the mother of all periods - must be pay back to not having them for 8 years! :eek:

Favourite time of year now - brought loads of squashes! Lovely quickish tea - Chop top of small squash scoop out seeds, pop in 1/4 or 1/2 onion, season & spray with frylight (or syn some butter) and pop in microwave for about 5-10mins till cooked - lovely with a plateful of carrot and swede mash

Am i strange that i would prefer to have this than choco at the moment?

Well... why did i eat the dairy milk that was in my desk drawer? and why am i thinking of the other choc in the drawer aswell?

I think i should take it home and put it out of reach cos i swear it is calling my name :rotfl:
  • jaffa_cake_3
    Options
    Hi Blodwen!

I can't believe how much you have lost so far! That is FANTASTIC!!! :-D

I want to lose 51lb (I will still be technically overweight according to the BMI, but when I was 9st-9st 7 I was always happy.... so stuff the BMI, I am going with what i feel happy with - I am only 4ft 10 too...) but I may change my mind when i get down to that weight.... we'll see!!

I think that it is meant to plateau a bit when you get nearer, but it will happen - eventually! You can do it!! :-)

We are all behind you here!! xx
    51lb to lose....!
    35% of the way there!
  • Where_You_Working
    Options
    So disappointed!!

Last week, my third weigh in I lost 4 pounds, today I have put 3 pounds back on, the week before I had one day of eating loads, putting together a kids party and at the weekend drinking too much and coming home and stuffing my face. This week was much better, didn't go over syns and yet put nearly of all last weeks loss back on :(:(:(:(:(
  • jaffa_cake_3
    Options
    :-( don't be too dis-heartened!!

It could be that you are not eating enough?? I had that, I was being really "good" and having hardly any syns, which wierdly meant that i didn't lose that much weight? When I have 10-15 syns, I lose at a steady pace.... strange....

Good luck though, you can do it!! xx
    51lb to lose....!
    35% of the way there!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business