Huawei G300 £65 from Tesco

Options

Comments

• mystic_bertie
    Options
    ok guys thanks for the feedback, even if it improves battery life its got to be worth it. Ill take a look at the instructions on how to do it. Im sure my daughter will like having the status of having the latest ICS software lol
  • jamesperrett
    jamesperrett Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Gosh, we could do with a new thread really couldn't we? The G300 - it's upgrading and myriad of uses!

There's already a forum devoted to the G300 at

http://www.modaco.com/forum/650-huawei-ascend-g300-g300modacocom/
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Options
    There's already a forum devoted to the G300 at

http://www.modaco.com/forum/650-huawei-ascend-g300-g300modacocom/

There is, but its a fast moving dangerous world in there for people that don't want to get toooooo technical.

What we all need to keep a look out for is anyone else shifting G300's cheap. I have seen them for sale in Asda, Argos and all over the place but at the stock £99 (sometimes +£10 top up too!)

If the model is being dropped or superseded other retailers may go 'clearance' on it too - we need to pounce!
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • Stetson452
    Options
    WOW...its really great opportunity for the customers.
  • JethroUK
    JethroUK Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    Options
    Methinks it's about time Huawei got their finger out and released the official ICS update in the UK. I certainly won't be updating until this appears. Total technophobe.

I might just hold my nose and take the plunge - I quite like the single file/boot option Silly goose posted
    When will the "Edit" and "Quote" button get fixed on the mobile web interface?
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Options
    JethroUK wrote: »
    I might just hold my nose and take the plunge - I quite like the single file/boot option Silly goose posted

Are you on original 2.3? seems to go better if you are.

Should you have a problem, I posted a couple of posts after the one about upgrading that the original Vodaphone 2.3 ROM is around to download - by the same method should return the phone to as bought.

I don't want to encourage anyone to break their phone but with a fresh stock phone, I know the method I mentioned works and the ROM version works really well on the phone. Before buying the phone I did a lot of searching around, having done these upgrades to other Android phones (and I am no expert for sure) but just sharing the results of my research. Let us know how it goes.
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • smoothe
    smoothe Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Which ICS version are you guys using on yours i was waiting for the vodafone one but may be tempted with one of the ones mentioned on modaco
  • JethroUK
    JethroUK Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    Options
    sillygoose wrote: »
    Are you on original 2.3? seems to go better if you are.

Yeap

Might give it a whirl thanks
    When will the "Edit" and "Quote" button get fixed on the mobile web interface?
  • Roger1
    Roger1 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Three have e-mailed me offering all-you-can-eat data for a £3 monthly add-on. (No link, it seems responding to the e-mail gets the deal.) It would be impolite to reject this offer, even given Three's poor customer service.

Partly because giffgaff misinformed me :mad: that my 5GB top up had already expired by the day after I bought it and I concluded it was not for me, I started a Three rolling one month contract offering calls, texts and unlimited data.

My phone needs are limited - just a handful per month - and my existing PAYG deal with another supplier is too good to give up. So I'm thinking of stopping my current Three deal and using the G300 just for data.

I would use an existing Three PAYG SIM which has some call credit. Is all I need to do is to swap over the SIMs? Would all the downloads still operate? Or should I just convert my current SIM to PAYG (and endure the pathetic Three CS)?

Unlimited data for £3 monthly looks to be a good deal. Grateful for your thoughts.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Roger1 wrote: »
    Three have e-mailed me offering all-you-can-eat data for a £3 monthly add-on..............

Unlimited data for £3 monthly looks to be a good deal. Grateful for your thoughts.

Double check if it includes tethering (if that's important). Their usual AYCE £3 add on doesn't. (Though maybe this email offer you have is different??)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure