Huawei G300 £65 from Tesco

Options

Comments

• MillicentBystander
    MillicentBystander Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    edited 24 September 2012 at 2:55PM
    Options
    niggyp wrote: »
    i really dont know why you all bang on about how fab the g300 is, i purchased one..updated the firmware due to the poor speaker and in my opinion its not that good a phone, the keyboard is shocking VERY unresponsive.....ive actually thrown it in a drawer and started using my old xperia play again

even my eldest kid dosent want it after using it while her tmobile vivacity was playing up...says its rubbish and i agree

waste of money:mad:

I think you may have a dud. Have you thought about taking it back? The bottom 3 keys were pretty unresponsive for me out of the box but the firmware update fixed that 100%. The keys are now as responsive as the ones on the HTC One S I sold. The only time the response became poor was when I put a screen protector on it - took it straight off as it doesn't need one anyway due to the Gorilla glass.
  • JethroUK
    JethroUK Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    Options
    sillygoose wrote: »
    I have the very.co.uk page open right now with 'my' G300 in the basket but without the will to complete the buy yet...

Although I will use a yahoo email address and tick every 'bog off' box it will still get spammed to death,.....

Fear nought

I got mine from ISME - and far from being spammed - it was 2 weeks before they even sent me the invoice
    When will the "Edit" and "Quote" button get fixed on the mobile web interface?
  • notanexpert1
    Options
    JethroUK wrote: »
    Looks the same as ISME and that was easy - dont forget to put your code in at the checkout

Yes, I'm afraid I'd be just the person to forget to put the code in! But actually I was wondering how stringent their credit checks are?
  • niggyp
    niggyp Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    when i say poor im basing it on the user experiance i have with my play (super smooth scrolling..instant touch response), bottom keys work just fine..no protector fitted
    if im being honest theres more to it than that its lots of things and at the end of the day its an opp (opening price point) phone, granted for the specs its great value but i think ill be paying a little more next time and getting something a little better, imho i think people are being seduced by the large screen size which in my opinion isnt that nice to stare at for a long time

just my opinion
  • notanexpert1
    Options
    Niggyp - if you were buying a phone now, which one would you buy if I may ask? I'm also looking at other alternatives but really don't know which way to turn!
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Options
    There now seems to be dissent in the ranks! What can we do about this unrest?
    RebekahR wrote: »
    Call accepted ... Phone dispatched ...
    I think you didn't read through the posts properly. Nobody suggested that the phone might not be dispatched if you took the call.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, I'm afraid I'd be just the person to forget to put the code in! But actually I was wondering how stringent their credit checks are?

They do "proper" credit id check via the usual agency, and usual direct questions on residence etc, but no questions about earnings/employer etc.
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    They do "proper" credit id check via the usual agency, and usual direct questions on residence etc, but no questions about earnings/employer etc.

If they do, they do it bloomin quick!... within 10 seconds of clicking 'Next' I had been approved for £3000 of credit. Which at a bargain :eek: 40% APR :eek: I of course shall be spending prodigiously, before faking my own death.

Its interesting to see the other Phones Huawei make, the G330 looks easily the measure of an iphone 4 in power and specification.

They also make an Ascend D quad which is a match or more for an iphone 5, same display technology and pixel density, quad core 1.5ghz processor, 8mp camera 1800ma battery less than 8.9mm thick. Wonder how much they go for?
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 24 September 2012 at 5:11PM
    Options
    If they do, they do it bloomin quick!... within 10 seconds of clicking 'Next' I had been approved for £3000 of credit.
    Mine was nearly as quick with Isme. I'm beginning to think that they only do a check when you actually order something, hence the reversal of my credit. But that wouldn't explain my initial limit being £750 and yours £3000, unless Very's is a standard £3K. Would anybody else care to reveal their credit limits, or at least state that it differed from these amounts?
    less than 8.9mm thick.
    I guess that means well over 8.8mm :)
  • RebekahR
    RebekahR Posts: 5,980 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Impressive little peice of kit!!...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories