Huawei G300 £65 from Tesco

Options

Comments

• MillicentBystander
    Options
    I get the impression you are a procrastinator, KS. Isme are an overpriced catalogue company, they will NEVER have anything that could be classed as a future bargain. THIS is it! :D
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,880 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Stylehutz wrote: »
    Update from me on this..

Now apparently reduced in price at Tesco's in my store to £60.00 but still showing out of stock on the shelves. Staff not very helpful and couldn't advise if they are getting any more. Asked me to check on line and buy it but tesco's are not even selling it online.

Told them whats the point of displaying it on the shelf at the reduced price of £60.00 if they haven't got a clue when they will be getting any in:mad:
    Not even showing as reduced in mine.
    :(
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Options
    I get the impression you are a procrastinator, KS.
    Whatever I do in front of my computer in the privacy of my own home is my business :D

Actually, this very afternoon, Isme rung me to tell me of an offer they had. It was £20 off any item over £50! I asked him what happened to the £30 offer but he said he had never heard of it!
    I told him how they opened an account for me with £750 credit then promptly refused the phone purchase through insufficient credit! Although very apologetic, he offered to get me the phone with £20 off. I politely refused, resisting the temptation to say "what, and lose my Quidco?"
  • notanexpert1
    Options
    It seems from reading another forum that quite a lot of people have been getting them for £45! Of course the same old problem in that very few stores have them in stock. Frustrating to say the least!
  • MillicentBystander
    Options
    Whatever I do in front of my computer in the privacy of my own home is my business :D

4986448_tml.jpg

:D

PS On topic, my son is moving into a rented house with his 'lady friend' :p and as they are only on a 6 month tenancy while they look for a property to buy have no intention of having a landline (but wants internet of course ;) ). I have been looking at getting them a G300 and pairing it with the £25/mth One Plan with unlimited tethering. No idea how easy this is to set up as I've never done it but apparently it's just a case of setting up the G300 as a wifi hotspot and working the laptop from it.

2 questions:

1. Is it possible to set up the G300 as a wifi hotspot in this way?

2. If yes, can the phone still be used to make calls/texts whilst it is being used as a wifi hotspot?

TIA!
  • steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    2 questions:

1. Is it possible to set up the G300 as a wifi hotspot in this way?

2. If yes, can the phone still be used to make calls/texts whilst it is being used as a wifi hotspot?

1.Yes very easy from system settings
    2.Another yes
  • RebekahR
    RebekahR Posts: 5,980 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 September 2012 at 9:37AM
    Options
    Just getting round to this now with Isme. Quidco says:
    6%RATE EXPIRES IN 8 DAYS

Just fyi ...

"293GV - £30 VOUCHER- Applied. £30.00be applied to your credit account or refunded to your card, once your order has been processed"

"

Huawei Ascend G300 Smartphone from Vodafone
    x1
    £99.00

Huawei Ascend G300 Smartphone from Vodafone
    A251P_SP295_10_27V4Qa?$basketThumb$
    Quantity1Price£99.00Price£99.00

• Voucher to account£30.00

Subtotal£99.00
    Delivery£3.95
    Total£102.95"
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 22 September 2012 at 10:58AM
    Options
    Did you not go through a cashback site, Rebekah? If you did, then don't accept any phone call (possibly from 08003160492) that Isme make to you confirming the deal; I think that nullifies the payment. I refused a call and then found out that they had cancelled my order due to 'rejected credit' (just after granting me a £750 account!)
  • shammyjack
    Options
    Managed to get one from Tesco Metro Halifax after much searching for £60 , now unlocked from Vodaphone , very happy !
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Did you not go through a cashback site, Rebekah? If you did, then don't accept any phone call (possibly from 08003160492) that Isme make to you confirming the deal; I think that nullifies the payment. I refused a call and then found out that they had cancelled my order due to 'rejected credit' (just after granting me a £750 account!)

Ignore this.

Accepting the call (which everyone gets) is the only way you will get the phone as it's part of their security/credit checks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure