We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Pollyanna

Options

Comments

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Just found out it costs £4 for all day parking if I park in the right spot. Which is easy as I get in ridiculously early on a Saturday :)

That's 60p more than a bus.

I'm driving next week :)

I'll walk if the weather's nice, drive if it's manky :)

In our house, when things break, we just pretend they still work
  • ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Very exciting :) we went to tesco last night in the car, got a sh*t load of food, I won't have to go out today, and won't have to go out
    Except for the odd bit of fresh stuff during the week either :)

Daughter has a cold so plans for going out today are a bit scuppered, but we'll do something next Sunday instead....

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Smartphones are brilliant. In the wait for my visually impaired student's parent to get hold of a score for me to transcribe onto sibelius and enlarge, I took a photo of it from another student, and transcribed it today, squinting at the photo on my phone :)
    Job done!
    Just need to do all the different enlarging stuff now....

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    On an unrelated note, I keep stalling the damn car :grr:

It's not the car, it really is me.
    I've never driven a car with a relatively quiet engine before, and I can't work out how to drive the flipping thing without hearing the engine take off like something out of Houston when I'm doing a three point turn!

When did cars get this quiet?

I can't drive it in the rain!!!!!!! Can't hear the engine over the pelting noise!!!!!

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Goodness. I've had to contact another teacher to see I they have spaces as I'm now so nearly fully booked I may need to pass enquiries for new students on. Never had to do that before!

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    School is open. Daughter is off school with a nasty cold.
    Typical!

I'm now twiddling my thumbs and debating about going into town to cash all my cheques (nasty weather) and buying soya flour, or chickening out and driving to tesco to buy flour, and s*d the cheques till Friday

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Sod the cheques. It's tipping it down. I've still got cash to bank and that's at the post office (1 minute walk)

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Ar*e I've caught my daughter's cold :(
    I'm feeling ridiculously sorry for myself considering I don't actually feel that unwell - not sure why, it's a bit pathetic really....

I've been in bed till now, I need to brave the day at last, check food supplies, bank cash, be in for loft insulation at 1pm, and start teaching at 3.30pm

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Loft is insulated!!!!! I wonder how much difference that will make to the gas bills :)

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Either this house is too hot with insulation, or I'm running a temperature .... :o

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family