Pollyanna

Options

Comments

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    And I've been sorting out the thrice yearly student exam palava.... Students all informed of closing date, fees, and exam period dates; also organised autistic students SEN requirements. Job done, just need to do application after payments have been made :)

In our house, when things break, we just pretend they still work
  • ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    My business is such swings and roundabouts.... I've just updated my SOA as I had a mother and daughter turn up on my doorstep asking for lessons for the young teenager - Great! :beer:

I'm acutely aware though that the opposite can happen just as easily, and I can get a monthly paycut in triple figures with the click of a finger :eek:

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Brilliant day at work yesterday :) covered a grouo class for somebody, earnt a bit extra for it, and had fun too!

Sunday now - my only day off during term time. We usually try to make a point of doing something together, but having just spent the better part of last week re-organising my daughter's bedroom and putting together a new bed (IKEA, complicated, took farrrrrrr longer than a usual bed, by it has a slide out second bed that means she can have friends to stay more easily, and it doubles as a sofa which makes her bedroom look amazing, AND it's got drawers which means she has more storage! The Swedish are brilliant, really) :)

Downside is.... The rest of the house is an utter shambles - furniture in the bathroom that needs taking apart/organising, her stuff in my bedroom that needs goIng back in hers, a back garden full to bursting of broken furniture/mattresses/black bags, all waiting for their collection days, a living room so messy I can barely walk through it (and another b****y mattress), and even the front garden has a million black bags/recycling bags to go.

Bin day tomorrow, I can start clearing it all then :)
    Mattress will have to wait till the summer as they are now soaked and the council won't pick up unless theyre dry and covered.
    Mattress in living room will have to go in the garden till summer - it just can't stay inside for weeks till council pick up is organised. The good news is that despite the horrendous mess, this house is clearer of cr*p than its been in many long years.
    It now has um 'potential' to be tidy and clear

Once I've cleared several million bags of rubbish :eek:

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    I have been tidying on and off all day, I've finally cleared some of the living room, mucked about with the rubbish out the back so it's possible to get to the black bags for tomorrow evening, and have just finished sorting out a big box to go to Music Magpie :) Daughter made £43.11, I made £8ish. Not a bad haul at all!

Back to work tomorrow, hopefully in a tidier house :)

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    15 black bags went out last night, and about 15 recycling bags too (full of cardboard from the bed/bookcase/crockpot etc)
    The back garden still looks the same disgraceful bomb site, but at least the front garden is clear again :)
    Black bags again in a fortnight - in aiming for another 15odd :eek:

I had my haircut again today! I like this haircut budget, it still feels novel to look tidy! £15 so not bank breaking either :) daughter is booked in for tomorrow after school, so that's both of us tidied up now :)

I'm slightly overdrawn again at nationwide.... Not a big deal, I'm hoping that next month I can deposit enough I cover the whole month without constantly topping up the account as cash flows in via students.
    I'm £111 overdrawn, and I just deposited £95 into my co-op account so that can be transferred over now :)

Right, on with some work now :)

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Music magpie should be along today :) I haven made much, but it's all tesco tactics ;)

eBay is pootling along too, I have 9 items, I hope to make a few quid come Sunday :)

All work today: I need to get off my backside and write a long email to the exam board about an exam, and get going on a few other bits and bobs....

Busy day!

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Letter is done, done, done! (actually, I had to write 2, but they're both done. It took me all morning but hey, im not teaching till 3.30 and these were vital for students' exams)

Lunch, I think:)

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    It's snowing!!!!

It looks so pretty!!!

Here's hoping my daughter makes it through a whole day in school :) Her school tends to be one of the first to close as its peculiar build means the site is utterly lethal when it snows over.

I can't see a problem with students getting her today as most Thursday kids are within a short walking distance :)

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    SNOW PRETTY!!!!!

I'm watching it falling and trying to work out whether or not to send my daughter to school. Her school notifies of closures at 7.30am, that's when she's leaving the house as we live out of catchment and she has to catch 2 buses....
    I'm anticipating closure, and problems getting back too on public transport :( during the heavy snow a few years ago, she nearly got stranded as the buses stopped :(

Hmmmmm

I'll leave it till the last minute but I'm doubtful she'll go in

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    The nearest big school to her has just closed, it's on the same bus route and it's only half a mile away from hers.
    Decision made, I'm not sending in her to read on the website 10inutes later that its shut, and then have her struggle to get home as buses shut down.

Them's the breaks with sending her to a nice leafy suburb school to get her away from the awful local school she started out at ....

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport