Pollyanna

Options

Comments

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Stayed in all day yesterday and played monopoly with my daughter. Managed to get through 4 games, she trounced me twice, I trounced her twice. Haven't had that much fun with monopoly in years :)

In our house, when things break, we just pretend they still work
  • Want-To-Fit-In
    Options
    Hope all is okay and you had a wonderful Xmas xx
    POAMAYC #67 in 2013 £6304.93/£6000
    In the negative (to the not so nice) tune of £19771.50 ... 31.8% Paid :)
  • ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    You too, WTFI, happy new year!!!!

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Spent some Christmas money (present from Mum) in the sales today..... And as I am currently clearing out the house (again) and swooping bedrooms with my daughter (again! (don't ask)) (excuse use of double parenthesis), i bought some really pretty boxes to store make-up, toiletries, jewellery etc in. The bedroom is taking shape. Slowly....

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Oh, and bought daughter new bed :eek: .... Ikea. I had squeezed a double bed into the small bedroom when I was in it, but she needs a single to have room to manoeuvre. Plus, my double was dying anyway. Piece of tat. So she has bright new shiny bed arriving in a few days, and I have the original double bed back.
    We still talk to each other about how this would not have been 'allowed' in my old relationship.... (the room swop and the furniture purchasing), it's terribly sad how acutely aware she is of the ramifications of an emotionally abusive relationship at such a young age. I just hope all of this makes her less likely to fall into the same sort of trap that I did.

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Oh, and new bed has drawers, solving much of her storage problems in one fell swoop....

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    And with the decluttering (leftovers from ten years of living with an emotionally abusive hoarder with what I strongly suspect is narcissistic personality disorder)... I now have room under my bed for stuff. (genuine stuff... Spare duvets for guests, sleeping bags, wrapping paper and Christmas decs etc, not just old cr*p I'm not allowed to throw out)

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    So I'm not at all having a bit of a whinge and moan about the ex. Nope. Not me. Wouldn't do that. :p

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Bl***y h*ll it's good to be single :)

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    I'll shut up now, Miranda is nearly on. Need to grab another beer :beer:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories