Pollyanna

Options

Comments

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Had a long chat with Mum about the state of my finances and the problem I will have in saving for house deposit after I have cleared all the debts, and she offered me between £15k & 20k as a long loan to put towards a house. Obviously it's not an option yet as no b****er would give me a mortgage with my credit card debts, but it looks like I might be able to buy a lot sooner than I had hoped :T

My plan of buying everything on the credit cards seems to be working for me so far - I'm paying off the monthly amounts in advance of spending them (groceries budget etc) so interest isn't a worry, and I have nice clean bank accounts, which I like (no logical reason for doing it this way, I just like having bank accounts without lots of little spends, but I don't mind it on a credit card, it seems to agree with me)

In our house, when things break, we just pretend they still work
  • ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Hopefully it'll be a nice chilled day today; museum (dinosaurs) and cinema :) its Saturday today so new 'budget' day for cash, and I have about £10 left over from last week so that will go in the jar to go back into the bank account. Any big amounts at the end of the month get lumped together and thrown at either monthly spends or debts, depending on how much income I have that month...

My daughter's new bed should be arriving on the 10th, she is so excited!

And my back garden is now so full of bin bags from the latest big clear out that I can't get out there anymore and am having to stash them in the front till the fortnightly black bag day :(
    I've cleared that amount before, so I know I can get through it all gradually, but it does take time, and I really dislike the garden being unusable.

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Well, we finally got to the cinema yesterday, although missed the museum due to last minute honework....
    Pitch Perfect was a very funny film :)

Today should be fairly chilled, with the exception of gettin everything together for school tomorrow arghhhh. Oh and I earn some cash tomorrow for the first time in weeks, so I'm very much looking forward to that :)

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    I bought 3 pairs of trousers (Next - I know Next fit me well without having to try on) from eBay in the last few days - courtesy of clothing budget. We are now nearly at the point where the clothing budget is used for general clothes rather than neither of us having anything that fits and constantly playing catch up...
    It's a nice feeling.
    And the boom/bust period with buying clothes has well and truly ended :T

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    The museum was fab (and free entry) :beer:
    My daughter got a load of geology research done for her chemistry project, and we saw the dinosaurs. And the funniest looking stuffed horse I've ever seen in my life!
    Back to school/work tomorrow :)

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    January phone bill is £7 cheaper than December :T looks like the change of contract I requested was definitely worth it :)

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    It looks like all my money worries are over. A nice Nigerian business man is sending me £1.5m dollars. Phew.
    Party tonight, then.

• Want-To-Fit-In
    Options
    It looks like all my money worries are over. A nice Nigerian business man is sending me £1.5m dollars. Phew.
    Party tonight, then.

Can he send me some too :rotfl::rotfl:
    POAMAYC #67 in 2013 £6304.93/£6000
    In the negative (to the not so nice) tune of £19771.50 ... 31.8% Paid :)
  • ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Can he send me some too :rotfl::rotfl:

Check your spam folder, he's probably sent you one too, he's very generous. I don't know why it was in my spam, it's so obviously lovely and genuine :p

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    I've started the ball rolling with buying a car. I've posted my application for my driving licence renewal :)
    Happy Days :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family