Pollyanna

Options

Comments

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Not much work today :) I have a landlord visit though :( one of the many reasons why I so desperately want to buy and get out of the renting mill. Especially when I get Sarah the moron with a chip on her shoulder. I do ignore everything she says, but last time she wrote back and said my kitchen floor was dirty and I should mop it! She is such a stuck up, entitled, snotty little cow, it's barely worth exchanging words with her.

In our house, when things break, we just pretend they still work
  • ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Somebody care to explain to me why I ever paid good money for branded foods? I'm sitting here eating T.Value muesli with T.Value tea bags, ands it's lovely! The only difference I've noticed is value coffee is pretty manky, but I don't drink much so in quite happy to put up with it :)

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Aw and oops. I just got an christmas e-card off the accountant I sent an email to yesterday to terminate my contract as I found a new one. Bless.
    I like it though, it's marked on the card that they are donating their usual Christmas card spend to a children's charity by sending free e-cards, which I think is rather nice.

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Just had free vets consult. Bunny is very old, nothing much Vet can do for her now except keep an eye on her to make sure she's as healthy as possible and doesn't spiral downhill fast with her weight like she just did (she's put it all back on again since bringing her in :T)
    I'm off to Christmas shop now, I don't need much, there's a few odds and sods I need from town now though.
    Toodles!

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Yay!!!!!!! I got paid early!!!!!:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j

A bit unexpected as I didn't get my e-payslip yesterday - I assume finance are organised enough to send out the money but a bit behind on the paperwork. I'm not worried, it'll arrive :)

I didn't get Tax Credits early, that was my mistake, but hey, one out of two isn't bad!

I'm off work now, officially. No students until the 7th. It seems a scarily long time with no income, but I get this every year, so it's all budgeted for...

Happy PayDay for anybody else getting paid today!

:T

I'm off to play with my bank accounts now

Why is there not a "nerd" button I can press on here?

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    I have just updated my signature. I like the 1K+ owned That's mine, that is. Mine. :shocked:

I'm aware I may be working my debts in a funny way, and probably not how anybody else would be doing it, but it appears to be working now -

I have £600 (give or take) in Nationwide for January bills. It's not enough, but it's not far off. I have a £1,500 overdraft on the Nationwide account which I'm not going to be maxing, like I did with Barclays, but I'm gradually lowering what I need each month, and I think I'm not only down to about £300 in January, but each overdraft day will be pretty temporary as I can transfer income in to cancel it out as it arrives.

£700 in Smile account. This is the biggy - this is the accomplishment that is new and exciting! This £700 covers all my monthly spends for January, plus rounded up a bit. I have a £500 overdraft on the Smile account, which I don't want to use at all, but I will be writing cheques from this account and I only just have enough money to cover everything (the transfer is pretty exact, only rounded up by a few quid), so it's handy to have a buffer in case I bollox things up or people forget to cash cheques for a few weeks and I forget to account for them!

The £700 includes.....
    grocery shopping
    Daughter's flute lessons
    Daughter's physics tuition
    Clothes budget
    Haircuts (both of us this month)
    "Cash" budget - a peculiar little thing I do that seems to be working brilliantly. It means I have a little cash in my purse each week for odds and sods, without having to go and get £20 out when I only needed £3 as my purse is perpetually empty. Any cash not used (there always is some, except for these Christmas weeks), gets put back into the account at the end of the month as a nice pretty lump sum.
    Bus money
    Daughter's pocket money.
    Entertainment budget
    My personal spend (£10 per month, it stops me going ballistic in the shops due to never having money to spend on stuff for me, like make-up) In the event, I haven't spent it for 3 months so I have £30 in there, :T

The good news is as this Smile account is up and running with enough funds for the month, I don't need to use the credit cards any more, which is what I have been doing since October to get rid of the Overdraft - hence why my credit card debt has actually increased. I'm now on an even keel :) Well, nearly.... To be fully solvent I need another £300 in Nationwide and £220 to throw across to Post Office savings for yearly spends, but I think what I have done is pretty good for two/three months effort, including paying my tax early, and paying for Christmas.

:D

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Christmas spends left -

Vegetable shopping - I have no idea how much this is going to cost, but I use a local greengrocer and they are half the price of Tesco, so I've got it down to as cheap as possible (except celery, Tesco are still cheaper on celery, weird)

Chicken/Turkey/bacon - One free-range chicken with a very small turkey portion (bit of breast or something, I held my hands out to butcher and said "that big", he laughed and said he can do that). £5 deposit paid, pay the rest on Christmas Eve or 23rd or something.

Ice-cream. I keep forgetting to buy it. Idiot

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Payslip just arrived!!!

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Christmas veg shop today. I'm running behind my self inflicted schedule because I couldn't be bothered to get out of bed. Well, s*d it, I'm up at 6am the rest of the year, an 8.30am start isn't too bad really....

• ChopinonaBudget
    Options
    Must print off list before I leave house.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport