The time is right

Comments

• Heffi1
    Heffi1 Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Julie,

Thanks for that idea, I spoke to my son about ordering online and him collecting, but unfortunately they will not deduct the staff discount online, so it does mean going into the store. However, he has brought stuff home before now, I usually have the card and for some odd reason Asda only give out one staff card, so it means we have to communicate well in advance to see who will get the shopping according to who has the card ha ha

We spoke to the bank, but because my credit rating is so bad, they said they would need to do a credit check on me before my name was added and with being on a DMP the bank lady said it would make it difficult to get a positive response, so I am going to do my utmost to up my income, and see if I can increase the amount I pay to my DMP as I am not in a position to put that much away right now.

On a more positive note though, I have an interview next Thursday for a new role, which is on a higher pay band, if I can get it, then I may be able to re-jig things again.

Keep your fingers crossed I get it, as I need to get out of where I am and have a fresh start. Still with the NHS, but with a different trust.
    :) Been here for a long time and don't often post
  • Fingers crossed for the new role.

I am doing well, feeling very positive and upbeat, thanks for asking xx.
    Weight 12 st 2lb - Now 11 stone 1 lb (-15 lb)
    Saving £0 Now £1,000.00-J Cricket fund £200.00
    £70.00/£350.00 grocery challenge in October
    Custardy's 9000 reps by the new year 3000/9000
    £10.00 a day extra earnings - £127.00/£310.00
    “What the caterpillar calls the end, the rest of the world calls a butterfly.” Lao Tse
  • Heffi1
    Thanks Rainbow,

Good to hear you are well, it is a long slog, but I am hoping it will get easier as I go along.

I try to see the positive, but I am a bit of a grumbler if I am honest, nothing better than having a moan ha ha
  • Better out than in I always say. It's good to get things off your chest x.
    “What the caterpillar calls the end, the rest of the world calls a butterfly.” Lao Tse
  • Heffi1
    Agreed, but I have to be careful or it sounds as though I am complaining all the bloody time !!

Friday evening has arrived at last, what a slow week it has been, off work now until Monday and not a lot planned so far, I need todo some batch cooking for the family in general as I had a look last night and it seems it is nearly all curry or chilli in the freezer, which is good, but only my son will eat those, so he is sorted for ages, now to sort everyone else out.
  • Heffi1
    Evening, well it has been a few days so I thought I had better pop in and say hello, not much happening with the money movement, pay day next week and so far so good, I still have cash in the bank, a couple of months ago this was unheard of.
    Thank you sparkly spread sheet for showing me the error of my spending ways.
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I do feel a bit better about the situation now and look forward to next month to see what happens

The one thing I would say is be pushy when it comes to chasing them - I had a similar situation (default logged 2 years after the event) and I *never* managed to get the debt collection agency to update their records.

Sorry if it's on the personal side, but do your children work full-time? I ask as the amount of rent you're making them pay is equal to what my big brother and I gave my parents when we were living at home nearly 6 years ago (we were both earning minimum wage at the time).
  • Heffi1
    The one thing I would say is be pushy when it comes to chasing them - I had a similar situation (default logged 2 years after the event) and I *never* managed to get the debt collection agency to update their records.

Sorry if it's on the personal side, but do your children work full-time? I ask as the amount of rent you're making them pay is equal to what my big brother and I gave my parents when we were living at home nearly 6 years ago (we were both earning minimum wage at the time).

Thanks I am checking daily and I sent recoreded delivery for them to update my file with a default or I would report them, so it is a bit of a waiting game right now.

As to rent for the kids, my son gets not much more than minimum wage and I know he cannot afford any extra at the moment, but he has offered to give me a little extra if he can, my daughter has recently reduced hers as she spends more than half the week at her boyfriends family home so it was only fair that she offered them something for her keep.

Thanks for your comments.
  • It's good you are still in the black with payday so close, what a great feeling.
  • Heffi1
    Thanks Rainbow, it is a surprise to me too, if only I had organised my finances better in the beginning, I had money coming out and going in all over the place it is no wonder I got confused. My daughter who works in finance helped me sort it out eventually, and even she said it was a complete shambles :)

I am tired this evening so won't be up all night and I have my interview tomorrow, I am not confident of getting it, as I have just learned I need to have C#, VB.Net XHTML and a few others so I am going to do my best and expect to be turned down, it is good interview practice if nothing else and as I have been at my job for about 7 years now I could do with the practice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport