PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

OS Tuesday 27th March

Options
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for Tuesday 27th March. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything OS and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an OS natter. The more the merrier!

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem, we’re a laid back bunch here so you won’t hear any complaints. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Well I have been to bed and just cannot sleep too much going on from yesterdays spat with SS and letting agent. I feel now we are being harassed........does anyone know if there is a charity that provides furnishings for people moving into flats or houses. I am taking up the carpets from the stairs, bedrooms and landing, we cannot use them in the apartment, they are not big enough, but I sure as hell am not leaving them here for that greedy little b******!!!!!

I sat and wrote a very sarcastic letter to the agent enclosing a post dated cheque for the rent up to the date we move out, OH posted the letter, and did not put the cheque in................at that point I rather lost it to the point of packing a bag ready to leave.............

I am very suprised that NTL have not cut off the broadband, it should have been done yesterday..........watch this space, as long as its working I will be on line.

Right going to surf and see what I can find.............sleep well...........
Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.

Comments

• Quasar
    Quasar Posts: 121,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well, I'm still up, so I might as well say hello everyone :j

Aww csarina - I feel for you ((((((((HUGS)))))))) I would have thought your council would have details of charities who can help you, unless they themselves have some such facility. Keeping fingers crossed for you. :)

Busy weekend it's been - work and a bit of spring cleaning... today it was just glorious here and I had to do a survey by the Thames, just by Tower Bridge. I really loved it.

Tonight I used up some bits and pieces for dinner, I had a carrot, half a broccoli head, two potatoes... just cooked the lot in a pan and dressed it with olive oil and cheese, which melted nicely on the whole thing. Hearty, cheap and healthy! :)

Tomorrow (well today really), I only have a quick survey, and if the weather is as good as today I will go for a long walk and visit my favourite organic shop - I need to get some oat groats for my budgies. I treat the little bu**ers well, I do :p

So. Have a good day everyone :)
    Be careful who you open up to. Today it's ears, tomorrow it's mouth.
  • SnowyOwl_2
    SnowyOwl_2 Posts: 5,257 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello Quasar and Csarina, and hello to everyone who follows

Csarina, you sound like you are in meltdown!! Moving house is so stressful anyway - your current landlord isn't exactly helping matters. Once you've moved and let the dust settle I'm sure you'll feel lots better. I know it's easy for me to say, but once you're out of your current home you can wash your hands of that little toerag and never look back.

Quasar - I am so jealous of you being able to work in such fabulous places in London. I really miss it sometimes...

My day at w*r* yesterday wasn't so bad after all, but the difficulty is postponed rather than cancelled. I have a meeting on Wednesday and hopefully that will lead to the situation being sorted out. I don't expect a fair hearing and I will make as much noise as I possibly can - I do wish they'd let me go, I don't have any respect for them any more!

Today is my late shift, so I am hoping to get a few bits done around the house this morning. I am so messy it's shocking, and I don't notice what chaos I have created until I force myself to assess my surroundings or a visitor arrives unannounced and then it's too late, :o.

I managed to build my new bed last night, but have discovered that the central support bar that goes under the slats is too short. Boo hoo, I want to sleep in my new bed! Also, I want to stop my kitties from jumping on the new furniture but the nosey little beggars have worked out how to open the door!

It's nearly five o'clock...I'm not that eager to get started on housework, so am going to jump back into bed and try and force a few more snores out.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Snowy
  • smokybabe
    smokybabe Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    2wcocvn.gif

Csarina, Quasar, Snowy and all to follow.

Csarina, I am so sorry you are having a cr@p time at the mo, hang in there hun - you are nearly at the end of this particular episode and then you will be rid of your $!*#&^" @#*"!^%#" :mad: SS. When we had to leave our tied house we found our local council furniture recyle very helpful and they took away most of what we didn't want for free. Later they were very amenable with us when we needed a piece of furniture and even though they only charged a few pounds for it we got a reduction as we had given furniture in the past;)

2eowbhk.jpgHugs to you and good luck with your move.

Snowy - I am glad things will be sorted out one way or another on Weds. :D

Quasar, your dinner sounded lovely.

Well I have had a poor night last night. OH came home from work early looking ghastly, turns out these 'flu symptoms' have been nothing of the sort. He was breathless and his pulse was fairly rapid again. He had no pain and refused to let me call anyone on the understanding that he goes to the GP today.:mad: :mad: :mad: So I couldn't get off to sleep and finally had a couple of hours on the settee but feel a huge knot in my stomach and when I go and wake hm up soon I will have to decide what I am doing today in regards to work. He says this has happened before for short periods since he was in hosi last but has righted itself and that he did not want to tell me so as not to worry me.:confused: :mad: At least he will be seeing the surgeon next Tues. and I will make sure he tells him the truth about how he is too.

Anyway I must get going and organise the kids.

2cos8s9.gif to anyone in need today.

Smoky. xx
    If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape 100 days of sorrow.......Chinese proverb
    DFW No 172.
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Miss_Cinnabon Posts: 19,481 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning to csarina, quaser, snowy, smokybabe and all who follow:D

I am feeling like crap today, feel as though i have had no sleep at all, shattered today! been up since 5!

Dh did apoligse last night but only after i had drfted off to sleep then for him to wake me up to say he was sorry!!:mad: said it was because his throat was sore! flaming nerve!

Anyway will try and wake up soon, half asleep at mo.

csarina hugs

snowy hope u have a better day

smoky babe hope ur dh manages to get to dr, hugs

Hugs
    Kyle
  • AMIE399
    AMIE399 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning....

csarina .. hugs to you x x x

quasar... enjoy your walk

snowyowl... sorry about the bed ! do you have a photo of your kitties ?

smokybabe... hope oh feels better soon

kyle ... hugs to you.x x x

aaarrrrhhhhh dw still not working and i was too tired to wash up last night.. so i have walked into a kitchen full of pots and pans !!! dont you just hate that ?

work till 11 this morning then maybe a bit of gardening

no idea what im having for tea yet

did any of you you watch CORRIE last night ? .. do you think Tracey will go down ? (hope so )
    t
    slimmimg world weight loss 6lbs
    started 27/1/10
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    Options
    Morning. Well yesterday was a disaster. Both boat engines failed and so we ended up pulling the boat 'Hornblower' style using the dinghy with oars rowing. What a sight. One chap did come alongside in his boat and ask if we needed help. Sure a tow would be nice it's only around the bend in the river.... To which he replied that he was not going that way and left IT WAS ONLY 200 meters or so!. Got there in the end and then and eventually got home. Glad that it out of the way.
    Well, I have some trees to chop today and an auction to look over and see if there is any suitable e-bay stuff. Almost nothing to sell now. Made a good proffit over the weekend with my Ben Sherman stuff...
    Have a nice one everybody.
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • mrs_mix
    mrs_mix Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone
    I've got up with a stinking cold the others had it last week and I thought I had escapes it well never mind
    got to go to see the doctor today he's had a letter from the hospital and wants to see me
    got to do the packed lunches in a mo
    wm bm to go on
    really need to do the monthly lidl shop to but don't know if I can be bothered
    (((((hugs)))))) to all especially Kyle and csarina
    have a good day
    pam xx
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you

I am one of the English sexy Shelias
    I'm also a hussy
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

((HUGS)) to Kyle, smokeybabe and her OH, snowy and csarina - hope today will be better for all of you xxx (and anyone else having a bad time xx)

Still not sleeping here either, but never mind, only one LO here today and she is at nursery this morning, so i will be popping over to Mr Ts to take back some sweet potatoes i bought last week, best before date is the 29th March, but they have gone off already, didnt really want to go over the bridge, but i have a couple of other things to get and it will be cheaper than Waitrose, providing i can stick to my list!!!!
    Also have 2 telephone MSs to do today, so hope to get those done before LO gets back.

Nothing much else planned for today, having stew and dumplings (i love my SC) tonight, and then off to churh where DD and DS are in the passion play. The school hold it every 2 years, and this year DD is in the rowd (nice and easy) and DS is one of the Narrators, so hope he does ok, and doesnt get too nervous!

Right, hope everyone has a lovely day,
    Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • scuzz
    scuzz Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All

(((hugs)))) to all who had bad nights. I only had three and a half hours sleep myself so sympathies. Looking forward to bed time tonight:T

Went to the theatre with my sister and it was brilliant. The opening made us jump right out of our seats, which prompted me to go into fits of hysterics for about half an hour. Not a good look at a murder mystery play!!!! We had such a good night

Interviewed Dean Gaffney before the play started. He's a really nice guy

Have the joys today of visiting Mr T for a big shop - haven't been in about a month. :T Then I'm helping to get my sister's cat in its box so it can go to the vet. Not looking forward to being scratched to death, but there we go

Saw Mr Mortgage Man again yesterday and I've now signed on the dotted line for things to really start moving. :eek: I had a look at the total amount I'll be repaying and OMG!!!! Do they really need that much interest:eek: :eek: _pale_ Bring on three years when I can reset the rate and not have to leap up to stupid repayments

Hope everyone has a good day
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :wave:

Oh Csarina, I think there was something in the air yesterday, I had a heated discussion with someone, and then lost it completely over the new Ebay feedback system :mad: It is so stupid, they are only gold stars - it's like being at school.

Bit foggy this morning, but after doing my Ebay pack and wrap, I want to go to the allotment and try to get it ready for planting or I'll never be able to cook my own veg.

Hugs to anyone feeling down today :grouphug:

Have a good one
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business