PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just a very small point on the recipes at the front - I found Tuna Lasagne by looking under Tuna as I had some tuna in and wanted ideas - I'm not sure I'd have found it under lasagne recipes as I wouldn't have thought to look there. Like I say, a very minor point.

that's a very good point Mrs AtoS, I've put it under both Tuna and Lasagne now. :beer:

I'm very happy for these and any other suggestions, I want the index to be as useful and easy to use as possible
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • camNolliesMUMMY
    camNolliesMUMMY Posts: 1,000 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 24 August 2012 at 10:27AM
    Options
    £180 is our budget for shopping, we go from the 28th till the 28th of each month as this is when oh gets paid.
    We have a meal plan which is on a two week rota.
    The budget is for 2 adults 1 child age 5 and 1 baby age 4 months....oh and the cat. :)
    Got to get back with it as we are desperately trying to get onto the property ladder.
    I get chicken breast for around £19 at makro for around 21 pieces, a huge sack of spuds, bacon £6ish for about 80+ rashes. I always take my calculator in case something's work out cheaper at the supermarket?
    Ds2 born 3/4/12 8lbs 8.5:j
    Ds1 born 28/4/07 9lb 8 :j
    Frugal, thrifty, tight mum & wife and proud of it lol
    :rotfl::j
    Make money for Xmas challenge 2014 £0/£270
  • camNolliesMUMMY
    Options
    Ps my budget includes toiletries and cleaning products, but I make my own cleaning products the only thing I buy every two-three months is smart price cif lemon cream cleaner and bleach ask make my own antibacterial spray :)
    Ds2 born 3/4/12 8lbs 8.5:j
    Ds1 born 28/4/07 9lb 8 :j
    Frugal, thrifty, tight mum & wife and proud of it lol
    :rotfl::j
    Make money for Xmas challenge 2014 £0/£270
  • MissOrganised1972
    Options
    Hello all.

Got left way behind on reading the GC a few months ago but have been doing quite well nonetheless. However, I've missed my daily read & waffling to you all! So, I'm back!

DH has been paid today so, new month for us. We went on holiday (Florida & it was amazing) for the first 2weeks of my August GC but still gave myself a full grocery budget & so have managed to stock up a little. Last night DDs & I came back from a camping trip & brought back a few tins we hadn't used & so all in all we have a healthy cupboard & freezer (not on the scale of all you squirrelers/hoarders)! :rotfl:

As we are done with school holiday trips, I feel like we are on the downward slope to 'back to school' (5 September here). That feeling! for me, always feels a bit like January - get organised, back to the straight and narrow! So, I've just made a meal plan, & am just going to go shopping for mainly fresh stuff.

Over the last couple of months, I have found the method of working out how much I have to spend per day has been working very well for me. So, we have £135 for this month & 32 days so I will work on £4 per day (with a few pence spare per day). So, for example, if I spend £20 today, I can't go shopping again until Wednesday, because I have spent 5 days worth! IYSWIM!

Bye for now :)
    2017 GC O-£93.46/£160; S-£136.26/£160; A-£130.55/£160; J-£47.12/£160;
    J-£106.63/£190; M-£70.29/£160; A-£197.88/£180; M-£219.35/£180; F-£294.14/£160; J-£168.67/£160
    2016 GC £2322.39/£2285; GC-2012-2015 - £9789.91/£7773!
    for 2 adults & 2 kids (13 & 11) for all food,toiletries,cleaners etc

• budget_babe
    budget_babe Posts: 1,633 Forumite
    Options
    Firstly thank you to Helen Jelly for all her hard work on this thread :A Not forgetting the others to including the lovely Rosieben. :)

Well Budgie is sooooo warm, in a bid to get motivated for September I have been in the kitchen all morning, I have made a large batch of cheesey mash, 3 toad in the holes, a batch of yorkshire puddings all of which have been portioned up to go into the freezer along with the carrot and swede mash I made a couple of days ago.

I have also cooked salmon for my lunch which is now eaten. ;)

I underestimated the time going between my fathers house and home. So I am trying to get ahead for September. Off upto Dads this afternoon, he had his all day chemo on Monday (last time he had an all day session he was very poorly).

Touch wood he isn't as bad, though I have to say he has gone a funny colour?

I am hoping to be in budget this month, well I simply have to be we have the car tax and the insurance and we have just had the mot 2 weeks ago.

In addition it is my Ds birthday in September and Mr Budgie is 50 in October. So mucho expenco.

Hope everyone has a good weekend I am off to Llandudno on Sunday with a friend. :)

Budgie xxx
    Cherish the ones you love and travel back on the road that brings you home :)
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" Ralph Waldo Emerson :A
  • skilly
    skilly Posts: 922 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all, just popping in to say I am going for£250 This month :-) oPp wrong size print that's the trouble with big fingers ;-)
    sealed pot challenge number 31 3£496/4£706.75/5 £376.74/6 £645.08/ 7 £861.34 /8 £786.90/9£610.49/10 £722.03 / 16 £802.00/ 17 £? gold star from sue 🌟
  • jennypennysaver
    Options
    A dweebish question; do I need someone to subscribe me to this thread or can I do it myself? I struggle to re-find the various threads despite much searching sometimes!
    June 2015 Grocery Challenge [/B]£126.38/£360 :eek:
    "Sealed Pot Challenge" ~ 8 (2015) - No 480 £12.60 :A
  • pajama
    pajama Posts: 204 Forumite
    Options
    Please put me down for £400 for September. This is a 5 week month for me starting 27th August until 30th September. That's £80 per week.
    Grocery Challenge - Sept £205.56/£350.00

• rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A dweebish question; do I need someone to subscribe me to this thread or can I do it myself? I struggle to re-find the various threads despite much searching sometimes!

click on the Thread Tools link above and Subscribe. If you only get the option to Unsubscribe then it means you're automatically subscribed to any thread you post on; (you can check or change this in User CP above, its listed in the Settings and Options / Options bit ) ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Options
    Ps my budget includes toiletries and cleaning products, but I make my own cleaning products the only thing I buy every two-three months is smart price cif lemon cream cleaner and bleach ask make my own antibacterial spray :)

Hi :wave:

How do you make your owm anti bac spray?

Go to the top of the page and click on Thread tools then choose subscribe to this thread from the drop and box and press add

The to find it go to quick links and select subscribed thread

Hopefully I have told you correctly :rotfl:

£7 spent today on 2 x coffee and 2 x drinks whilst out with my friend but she did pay for lunch so not too bad

'Big' shop tomorrow but I do have a £6 off a £40 spend at Mr T's so will use this
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure