PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• madkoi
    madkoi Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I join too please? Ive tried the grocery challenge a few years back, so this will be almost new to me again! Please put me down for £280 for a month starting tomorrow 24th. Already have things in the cupboard etc so will see how I go.
    Gonna try to be frugal, make lunches for work, make meals from stratch & dont make unneccessary trips to the supermarket!
    2 Adults, 1 Toddler & 1 cat!
    :jFRUGAL WANNABE! SAVING FOR AUSTRALIA 2015!

May 2013 Vegas Wedding baby! :happylove
  • MrsCD
    MrsCD Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Thank you Zippy, Pink, Rosie & Helen for all your hard work keeping this thread up and running :T
    Helen, we all hope you will still pop in to say hello, even if you're not 'managing' us. :)

Please can I try for £75 per week again. My September starts on 3rd Sept, as I'm working on weekly figures, so I'm still on the August thread for now, but will try to keep up with everone here!
    2024 Fashion on the ration 32/66 used
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    I've just read in the paper today that energy prices will go up by 9% over the winter... More savings needed here, methinks!!

Just a purchase of shampoo today for my gc. Went with a friend, and that always makes me spend less. Going by myself makes me stock up.

September will be my most frugaltastic month of the year to date. I'm going for £60, which is about £15 per week. All I need is fruit veg and milk.
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • Mortgage_Reduction_Novice
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join in please.

I totted up a 6th July to 6th August which came to £273.39 so I'd like to aim for below £250 for September.

I'm a bimonthly Costco shopper (last visit was a week ago), the freezer needs defrosting and we have a steady supply of onions and marrows from the veggie patch. With those things in mind, I'll be focusing my meal plans/shopping lists to use up what we already have.
    MFW: Nov 2008 £156k, Jun 2015 £129k, Jun 2017 £114k.
  • missmucksmum
    Options
    Can I join too please I would like to put £250 as really not sure how much I spend over the month and £50 a week seems a good first target for a family of four I plan on doing batch cooking and stock up my store cupboard and freezer too :) my month starts 24th of August running to 28th so 5 weeks altogether this will be interesting! x

Forgot to mention we have 2 kittens and their food is £6 a week and 2 bunnies and 5 baby bunnies anybody want one?....as a pet lol) their food is about £3 per week this will be included on my shopping budget :)
    January Grocery Challenge £203.50/£200 :)
    13NSD
    February Grocery Challenge £59.20/£200
  • MoneyQueen
    Options
    I like the idea of starting with the challenge from 23rd rather than 1st as thats when DH is paid and all the grocery shopping is done with his card. My month will run from 23rd Aug to 22nd Sep. Can I have a budget of £120 please? This will include everything for me and DH including toiletries and eating out once a month.We had a budget of £160 in August and have around £60 left from that so £120 for September should be do-able I think.

Thanks
    MQ
  • MoneyQueen
    Options
    I have done a Tesco shop today and will go to WholeFoods and Lidl tomorrow
    Total spend £10.53. I have updated my signature

MQ
  • Allypops
    Allypops Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    Can I try again please? I tried a while back but things went a little, well when I say little I mean a lot, awry!:eek:

Anyway, with renewed enthusiasm and with the grocery budget dates based around my payday (24th - 24th) I want to try and keep the grocery spends to £350 This is for 2 adults and 2 kids and includes toiletries. I have just done a big shop and stocked up on some things so it should be doable this month with a little bit of wriggle room ;)

So my September grocery budget challenge starts tomorrow and I am going to try my best to stick with it this time :A

Ally
    Allypops
    Married with 2 children
    SPC5 # 1837- -
    DMP started April 2011 34.5% paid [STRIKE]£78800[/STRIKE]
    DFD: June 2019 DFW Long hauler #286
  • Hi thanks to everyone for running the thread :T!!

Welcome to all Newbies :).

Please can you put me down for £300 for the month - thank you.

Just a very small point on the recipes at the front - I found Tuna Lasagne by looking under Tuna as I had some tuna in and wanted ideas - I'm not sure I'd have found it under lasagne recipes as I wouldn't have thought to look there. Like I say, a very minor point.
    Pay debt in 2012 #278 £2347/£5364
    Sealed Pot 5 #1713 £78.57 //Crazy Clothes Challenge #97 £79.49/£100
    Grocery Challenge:
    Feb £359/£360 Mar £390/£450 Apr £335/£320
    May £330/£320 Jun £455/£400 Jul £321/£320
    Aug £399/£370 Sep £345/£300 Oct £421/£400 Nov £0/£320
  • DaisyDayDream
    Options
    Hello all

Can I join please, having difficulty keeping control of the food budget, just appears to increase week on week!!

My month will run from Aug 29th to Sept 24th and will include food, toiletries, cleaning stuff, treats etc for me, DH, one dog and one cat.

Going to start with a budget of £250, which seems a huge amount when you write it down.

Mum is taking me to c**tco next week to do a large stock up of toilet rolls etc, so I'm off to meal plan and get organised. Have enough in till then to keep us going.

D
    Success is a journey, not a destination
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family