PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• KatyReed+5
    KatyReed+5 Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys just been going through my coupns and i've still got a £12 off a £60 online shop for Sainsburys if anyone wants it.

Katy, X
    June £0.00 GC / £200.00
    Family of 4 : 1 adult 3 kids ages 3,4 & 5.
  • MissOrganised1972
    Options
    Today will be a NSD. That was planned but I have been dealt 2 bonuses!

1. We're visiting father in law this afternoon & he has offered to feed DDs so that's 1 steak I can leave in the freezer for another day.

2. My Dad has invited us out for dinner tomorrow AND offered to pay! Turkey joint will also get to stay in the freezer.

That's 1 & a bit dinners saved!

Today's meal plan is steak, salad & saut! potatoes for DH & I. I will probably make us a lovely pepper sauce to go with it with the Creme fraiche leftover from kid's dinner last night.

Have a great weekend all :)
    2017 GC O-£93.46/£160; S-£136.26/£160; A-£130.55/£160; J-£47.12/£160;
    J-£106.63/£190; M-£70.29/£160; A-£197.88/£180; M-£219.35/£180; F-£294.14/£160; J-£168.67/£160
    2016 GC £2322.39/£2285; GC-2012-2015 - £9789.91/£7773!
    for 2 adults & 2 kids (13 & 11) for all food,toiletries,cleaners etc

• WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    KatyReed+5 wrote: »
    Hi guys just been going through my coupns and i've still got a £12 off a £60 online shop for Sainsburys if anyone wants it.

Katy, X

I wish Sainsburys delivered here, we only have delivery options of Tesco or Asda.
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Had lunch at my sisters yesterday, so thats one free meal :)

Need to pop to the sm and get some fruit today, but dont want to spend more than £10.
  • liz-paul
    liz-paul Posts: 899 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, can I be put down for £450 this month please? I am hoping to bring it in under that but £450 is my max budget. It is for 2 adults, 2 kids (6 & 3) and includes food shopping, household/cleaning products, milk money for DS1 (15p a day paid termly) & snack money for DS2 (£3 per week). It might include the cost of takeaways as well but tbh we're not really eating takeaways at the mo. Any spare budget leftover will go towards our holiday fund or towards a party we're having next month....
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
  • lollyfin
    lollyfin Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all I was wondering if anyone had a fool proof dumpling recipe as I use them to pad out meals. I have tried to make them from scratch before but they ended up like lumps of lead so I have been using tesco mix but am sure making them myself will work out cheaper.
    My thanks button is not working at the mo for some reason so if you can help thank you!!! and I will thank you properly when it works :)
    and thanks suffolk lass for the cleaning sprays!
    konMarie and fabbing all the way
    Weight loss challenge starting 11st loss in November 4lb
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    lollyfin wrote: »
    Hi all I was wondering if anyone had a fool proof dumpling recipe as I use them to pad out meals. I have tried to make them from scratch before but they ended up like lumps of lead so I have been using tesco mix but am sure making them myself will work out cheaper.
    My thanks button is not working at the mo for some reason so if you can help thank you!!! and I will thank you properly when it works :)
    and thanks suffolk lass for the cleaning sprays!

lollyfin - Try JJ's Herby Cheese Bread - under Bread in post 8 on page 1 or here
    Jumblejack is one of our most frugal adaptive members and this is brilliant - as are her 2 minute microwave puds (but don't check these out if you are watching your waistline :eek:!!).
    Good luck
    SL
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • EverTheOptimist
    Options
    Afternoon everyone.

Well after sticking with a budget and this challenge for 7 - 8 months, i lost track this month, due to being on leave from work and hubby being here.

But i would like to come back for September, month starts on 29th August until 28th Sept.

Going to set £200 again, hubby goes away in less than 2 weeks, for 6 - 7 months, so will reduce budget then, really need to save money whilst he is away. I am also planning on trying some of the recipes on the first page, i'll test them on me first :D and then on him when he gets back.

But i think the next two weeks will be a bit spendy and us enjoying ourselves before he goes. Will try and keep up with the thread, but may not post loads.
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
    Debt: £11850
  • lollyfin
    lollyfin Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that suffolk lass ....and I had to go and look for the puds ;) yummmmmm they will be great for soup and pud nights
    konMarie and fabbing all the way
    Weight loss challenge starting 11st loss in November 4lb
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    I like herby dumplings.
    I just use sr flour, half of the weight of the flour in a buttery type spread. A good pinch of salt and pepper and a teaspoon of dried herbs. Water to mix.
    They are always nice and light. Cook for 20 minutes in a stew or soup.
    I wish I was having dumplings for dinner now. :rotfl:
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing