OH's best mate looking at photos of me on PC!!

Options
Im not sure what to do. My OHs best friend (in his 40s) is staying over for the week. Yesterday we left him at home as we were at the olympics all day. I've just checked the pc and discovered that he's been looking at holiday snaps of me...all bikini shots!! None of the mundane or scenery! I feel sick.

This isn't the first time he's done this. He did it about a year ago. I told the OH who said he wished I hadnt told him! We ignored it. I did try to find a way to password protect the file, but you cant do that on windows 7.

I'm freaked out! They are both due home in around an hour. Do i tell the OH or have it out with said 'friend'. Or do i say nothing and avoid him? Tbh i dont really want to be near him now hes creeped me right out!
£2019 in 2019 #44 - 864.06/2019

Comments

• meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    Options
    I would tell the OH. Its not a very nice way to repay his mates hospitality by ogling his wife on their PC is it. thats creepy!
    I wouldnt be comfortable with this man in the house hun and would be telling my OH so. I would want OH to ask him to leave. if he wants to be friends with this creep then he can be - just not under your roof.
  • raven83
    raven83 Posts: 3,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would definitely tell OH, as something like that would make me feel uncomfortable, and I don't think OH has a right to know what his "friend" is up to! God knows what else he could of been doing while you was out.
    Raven. :grinheart:grinheart:grinheart

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I dont think its creepy, It's not the done thing but creepy, no.

Anyway, why havent you got your computer password connected. I trust everyone in my house and other family but I still have mine set so that only I can get into it.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • savingmummy
    savingmummy Posts: 2,915 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 31 July 2012 at 7:26PM
    Options
    If his only been looking at pictures of you (how do you know he wasnt looking at others?) then i would tell your OH and say you don`t feel comfortable having him staying.
    His done it before so as they say a leopard dont change his spots!
    DebtFree FEB 2010!
    Slight blip in 2013 - Debtfree Aug 2014 :j

Savings £132/£1000.
  • pinkclouds
    pinkclouds Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    Options
    I'm freaked out! They are both due home in around an hour. Do i tell the OH or have it out with said 'friend'. Or do i say nothing and avoid him? Tbh i dont really want to be near him now hes creeped me right out!

Don't freak out... yet. When looking at other people's holiday photos, I'm only interested in the ones with actual people in them because there's a chance I'll know who they are or there might be a story attached, whereas the scenery means nothing to me because I wasn't there and probably have no interest in the location. If the photos were taken somewhere hot, then obviously you'd be in swimwear or lightweight clothing.

Why not simply mention that you noticed the friend had been looking at your holiday photos? You can note the reaction and your OH can question his mate, if he too has dark suspicions. If the friend has spent all day doing nothing but rifling through the house, deliberately seeking semi-naked photos of you then perhaps he did have a creepy purpose. However, it might be something out of nothing and you might get a reassuring response instead.
  • lika_86
    lika_86 Posts: 1,772 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm not sure why you mention his age or why it's relevant. All he's done is look at pictures of you that were (presumably) taken in public when you were clothed (albeit in a bikini), I'm not sure this should change anything really.
  • Milsey-Girl
    Milsey-Girl Posts: 245 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you feel uncomfortable about OH's mate because of the previous incident butterfly72? What made you check your PC, was it because of the previous incident?

I would feel very uncomfortable and would speak to my OH first and at the very least would not really want to be in the house with him without OH there - unless of course he had a very good reason for wanting to look at photos of you in your bikini (somehow I can't think he'd have a good reason!).
    Many lovely wins over the years - thanks to all that post:A
  • lika_86
    lika_86 Posts: 1,772 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Also, many people might do much worse in their heads, you just have no proof as to what's going on in there! Unless he actually does something (ie. says something inappropriate) then I'd leave it.
  • *max*
    *max* Posts: 3,208 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm just curious....how do you know he has only looked at the bikini shots? Do you have a special folder called "butterfly72's bikini pics"? And even then, how do you know he's looked at any pictures at all? It's a serious question, I have no idea if/how you can even tell a folder or a file was opened (unless you go and look for it one by one).
  • Stephb1986_2
    Stephb1986_2 Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know if I would be comfortable someone being on my computer who is a "stranger" if you like. How do we know if he didn't spank the monkey while looking at these pictures.

If I was you I would take your OH to one side and tell him what's happened.

Good luck

Steph xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family