Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death

Options

Comments

• miggy
    miggy Posts: 4,328 Forumite
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    Sitting in my PJs eating a caesar salad with one of my 23 plastic forks, drinking my shiraz out of a mug, watching Patrick Stewart and looking forward to doing a site appraisal tomorrow. Life is good.

B x

You've got Patrick Stewart?! Can we come if we bring our own salad and shiraz? :D
    Miggy

MEMBER OF MIKE'S MOB!
    Every Penny a Prisoner

This article is about coffeehouse bartenders. For lawyers, see Barrister. (Wikipedia)
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    miggy wrote: »
    You've got Patrick Stewart?! Can we come if we bring our own salad and shiraz? :D

You are always welcome with goodies Miggy. Just having a nice glass myself before I start the ironing.

Can't find my list of things to do this weekend which is probably just as well as I'm feeling tired. Have got the curtains back and rehooked them and hung them (which is an Olympic weightlifting exercise in itself!) The lodger is no longer exposed :eek::eek::eek:

Back down south tomorrow and staying down for a fortnight I think. Haven't checked the bin to see if lodgie has got to grips with the concept of wheeling the bin to the end of the drive.

Tomorrow I have to grapple with the meccano set that is a 'cycle carrier' with no instructions. Will be looking round for a strong man to lift my bike on to the carrier. Do have LOTS of bungees from my time as a motorcyclist to strap it to everything possibly including myself! :D Maybe I'll just [STRIKE]distract [/STRIKE]amuse myself by strapping the strong man to myself. Who needs internet dating.

B x
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Tomorrow I have to grapple with the meccano set that is a 'cycle carrier' with no instructions. Will be looking round for a strong man to lift my bike on to the carrier. Do have LOTS of bungees from my time as a motorcyclist

This was the time when you wore lots of leather, wasn't it?
    to strap it to everything possibly including myself! :D Maybe I'll just [STRIKE]distract [/STRIKE]amuse myself by strapping the strong man to myself. Who needs internet dating.

Webbing is much better for that sort of thing... ;)
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    This was the time when you wore lots of leather, wasn't it?

Webbing is much better for that sort of thing... ;)

Yes it was Z. You is very on the ball. :cool:

I'll take your word for it on the webbing.

Well things were going well. Just give me your take on the below!

Moved in on Sunday. Arrived with bicycle still attached to the boot of the car and managed to get it off myself. :T:T

Landlady has asked me to pay the remaining deposit and two weeks (will set up DD for after pay day on the 15th) in cash tonight £425. I have texted to say I can't get over £300 out on my card (which may or may not be true, used to be true!) and so I have made a payment into her account. This ensures there is evidence that I have paid and a clear trail from me to her.

Do you think;
    a. I have ruined an early attempt at tax evasion.
    b. I have safeguarded evidence that I am her lodger

Why would anyone want paying cash? Must remember to ask a Tory MP. Weren't they on about this.

Anyway the room is lovely so here's hoping she doesn't give me my notice today!

Also went to a pub quiz in the local town last night on my bike. Met up with a group called Meetup who were all very nice. T'was a good night and one of them managed to get my front light to work before the journey home. Clearly we need to read the papers for the week before the next quiz!

B x
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,657 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Maybe she just didn't want a cheque Butti? I hate it when my ex gives me those to pay for DS's stuff as it means treking to a bank, I'd be happy enough if it was paid into my account. Glad you like the room.
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Sep 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2250/7000

Mortgage balance: £52660

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Under the rent a room thingy LL wouldent pay tax anyway.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,657 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Depends Beanie, is it not up to a certain amount then you have to pay tax on the rest? and if she already has another lodger she'd be over I would have thought? or maybe this is a different place where Butti is only lodger - in which case ignore my wittering!
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Sep 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2250/7000

Mortgage balance: £52660

• beanielou
    Options
    Think the threshold is about £4500?
    Thats quite a lot.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Butti
    Options
    £350 including bills for me and the other lodger. So in total that is probably about £600 a month. £7200 if we both stay for a year.

Having said that t'other girl has gone home for a night 'feeling homesick' according to the landlady. More like has got !!!!ed off with not being able to see what she's having for tea due to their not being a light in the larder or a light in the fridge in the larder.
    ...or a lock on the bathroom door
    ...or a U bend under the bathroom sink
    ...or no shoes being allowed in the house

Last night there was a note up about how the landlady had cleaned and put the rubbish out and I was thinking 'what is your point, we haven't made any mess, we've brought food in cos we can't find anything in the fridge'.

Like I said 'Tis a lovely room' but I don't want to live with someone MORE pedantic than my dad!

B x
    48% off mortgage

• beanielou
    Options
    The joys:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure