Options

Comments

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Good to see you Z :wave:

Hello you! :hello:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Errr Butti my birthday is next week :rotfl:

Good to see you Z :wave:

I can't knit that quickly!!! (Haven't even printed the pattern off yet!)

I love this site. It is very good at helping you cope with the unexpected - which happened a couple of days ago.

How ironic. I am working for an organisation dealing with homeless people and 'leave by the end of August' has become 'we will be collecting your keys on Friday morning (yes that will be Friday 24th August :(). Is it churlish to point out 'That is NOT the end of August'!

Ok, I won't quite be homeless, more 'narrowboatless'!

So lets not panic and lets not be bounced into sharing a property with a man who has said he wants to share with a female and his interests are 'broad minded' or have to beg the woman with the nice house who wants two weeks to think about her decision.

So I have trawled Trivago, noting that Monday is a bank holiday, and booked myself into a hotel in the centre of town for 3 nights for £89. It is about 2 miles from work which should help.

By the way there is a sale on travelodges starting at 6am tomorrow for accommodation early next year.

B x
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • recoverydust
    Options
    Have you tried looking on https://www.couchsurfing.org for a temporary bed..? We host people relocating and in between places. There is also airbnb which is not free xx
    Good luck
  • miggy
    miggy Posts: 4,328 Forumite
    Options
    Everything seems to be happening at once. :eek:

I do hope your ex is on the mend now: it sounds as though the grapevine might eventually be able to give you news?

Cockroaches?! Yes, well, I can understand you might not be keen. A friend of ours once opened her oven to find a live mouse inside eating the pie she'd just put in! I suppose you could put some sticky fly paper in the next fridge just to make sure...

Boo to the short August. That's really not very good. However, as ever you seem to be in control, buying yourself time. :) Perhaps the lady who wanted two weeks to consider will decide you are perfect? In the meantime it will be useful to be closer to work. Can you ask colleagues to check their free papers as well? Coffee-maker-chappie sounds like the helpful sort who will come in next morning and say casually 'I saw this...' and produce exactly what you want. (Annoying about him being so good at teas and coffees though - unless that gets you out having to do it? I can barely remember what I have myself and am always asking people twice, so you aren't alone).

As Beanie says, keep plodding... :) One hurdle at a time.

ETA - thanks for the headsup on Travel Lodges. That could just come in useful. :)
    Miggy

MEMBER OF MIKE'S MOB!
    Every Penny a Prisoner

This article is about coffeehouse bartenders. For lawyers, see Barrister. (Wikipedia)
  • Butti
    edited 23 August 2012 at 10:17PM
    Options
    miggy wrote: »

Boo to the short August. That's really not very good. However, as ever you seem to be in control, buying yourself time. :) Perhaps the lady who wanted two weeks to consider will decide you are perfect?

As Beanie says, keep plodding... :) One hurdle at a time.

ETA - thanks for the headsup on Travel Lodges. That could just come in useful. :)

I know you believe in these things Miggy, are you happening to push divine intervention in my direction? She has decided to give me the room!

You, Steve Jobs and the big guy is obviously a powerful combination!
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • ZTD
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    I can't knit that quickly!!! (Haven't even printed the pattern off yet!)

Do it! Do it now!
    I love this site. It is very good at helping you cope with the unexpected - which happened a couple of days ago.

How ironic. I am working for an organisation dealing with homeless people and 'leave by the end of August' has become 'we will be collecting your keys on Friday morning (yes that will be Friday 24th August :().

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Is it churlish to point out 'That is NOT the end of August'!

No...
    Ok, I won't quite be homeless, more 'narrowboatless'!

So lets not panic and lets not be bounced into sharing a property with a man who has said he wants to share with a female and his interests are 'broad minded'

Well you should just have told him, your interests are narrow-boated and so, incompatible...
    I know you believe in these things Miggy, are you happening to push divine intervention in my direction? She has decided to give me the room!

:T:T:T:T:T
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    edited 27 August 2012 at 10:03PM
    Options
    This weekend I have been mostly selling things, other people's things. I may call it innovation*, you may like to call it theft!:D

Yesterday I invited a strange man with an adjustable spanner into the back of the garage. Was slighly worried when he turned up with cuts on his forehead and some tale of a car bonnet landing on his head! So he has relieved me of an adjustable vice and given me £35. The joy being that the vice was in the back of the garage when I moved in 11 years ago.

B

* I won't be bringing it up as an example of innovation at any job interviews in the near future!
    48% off mortgage

• ZTD
    Options
    So...how did the move go?
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    Options
    Well it hasn't really Z!

Things are SO fluid they are moving on an almost daily basis (and I may have cocked up today!)

Moved off the boat on Friday morning. Came home on Friday night. Tomorrow morning (EARLY :eek:) I go back to work - I think that's about 180 miles. Tomorrow night I go to stay in a hotel in the centre of town, and I may also go to a knitting group at 7pm! (I know how to live the wild life)

I'm in the hotel for 3 nights then home again. Then on Sunday I move into my attic room. I've explained to the lodger that she needs to move the bin to the end of the driveway on Thursday or the binmen won't collect it. Now she's grasped that hopefully I'll only need to be home once in about 3 weeks.

Life continues to be exciting and terrifying and short of dosh in equal measure.
    48% off mortgage

• ZTD
    Options
    Well it hasn't really Z!

Things are SO fluid they are moving on an almost daily basis (and I may have cocked up today!)

In which way?
    Moved off the boat on Friday morning. Came home on Friday night. Tomorrow morning (EARLY :eek:) I go back to work - I think that's about 180 miles.

:shocked:
    Tomorrow night I go to stay in a hotel in the centre of town, and I may also go to a knitting group at 7pm! (I know how to live the wild life)

Wild thing! ;)
    Life continues to be exciting and terrifying and short of dosh in equal measure.

Like being a student...

Good luck for tomorrow.
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport