Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death

Options

Comments

• laura2481
    laura2481 Posts: 4,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    Does anyone else do a long post and when you post it the system makes you sign in again and wipes your post. It's happened to me a few times now and I'm tired :mad:

Never mind. Lets update my siggy and give me something to aim for!

Hi Butti. When you log in there is a little box that says 'remember me' or something similar to the right.If you tick that box it stops it from logging you out if you are typing a long post or just being inactive for a while until you actually log out by clicking th elog out link at the top. I discovered this when I got annoyed by this too. Just remember to log out as anyone using the same computer can just come in and access your User CP, even if they come back on a diferent day and you've shut the computer down and everything.
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ooooh I like you Laura. You can come again :D
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Butti
    edited 28 August 2012 at 6:48PM
    Options
    Well that went well. Didn't sleep at all last night! Got tired of lying in bed trying to get to sleep, worrying about the fact I wasn't getting to sleep, getting annoyed at the lodger going to the toilet (see, and you all think I'm reasonable!), imagining me in a death crash due to falling asleep at the wheel at 7am.
    In the end I got up at 2.30am and drove down to work arriving at about 6am. Had a 30 minute kip in the car, coffee and porridge and brushed my teeth in a Wetherspoon. I looked a bit of a state but smelt alright!

Now pretty knackered. Just waiting for my 5 cups of coffee from today to wear off.

Pot noodle from B&M very good when you are staying in a hotel for 3 days (not very healthy!) but do remember your fork!

B x
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Butti
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    In which way?

:shocked:

1. Lodger moving out having finished her PhD
    2. Me trying to get EVERYTHING done by October
    3. Lodger missing PhD deadline and wanting to stay
    4. Me telling her she's leaving
    5. Me telling her she can stay but only if she pays more rent
    6. Me no longer letting house till March
    7. Less money to February but less panic too.

Is that enough change?

New budget required. Yes I know, you haven't even got the old one!
    48% off mortgage

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    1. Lodger moving out having finished her PhD
    2. Me trying to get EVERYTHING done by October
    3. Lodger missing PhD deadline and wanting to stay
    4. Me telling her she's leaving
    5. Me telling her she can stay but only if she pays more rent
    6. Me no longer letting house till March
    7. Less money to February but less panic too.

Is that enough change?

No...I mean "how did you cock up?"
    New budget required. Yes I know, you haven't even got the old one!

Old one is history. Roll on the new...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    butti have you caught yourself coming back yet? your so busy maybe a wee camping cutlery set in the bottom of your bag for potnoodle emergencies?
  • Butti
    edited 29 August 2012 at 9:37PM
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    No...I mean "how did you cock up?"

I signed up for a 0% card with the same company I have my Career Development Loan with. I am required to tell that company if I have a job. Last month I told them I didn't (which was true at the time) and buys me time as they take the first payment in December. If they realise I have a job they could take it now.

Having said that having nightmare lodger in situ means it all becomes a little less pressurised anyway.

Been for a boxing class. Very very hard work. Very good but expect I won't be able to lift the coffee to the cup tomorrow. Sitting in my PJs eating a caesar salad with one of my 23 plastic forks, drinking my shiraz out of a mug, watching Patrick Stewart and looking forward to doing a site appraisal tomorrow. Life is good.

B x
    48% off mortgage

• miggy
    miggy Posts: 4,328 Forumite
    Options
    miggy wrote: »

I know you believe in these things Miggy, are you happening to push divine intervention in my direction? She has decided to give me the room!

You, Steve Jobs and the big guy is obviously a powerful combination!

LOL, I can't claim any special influence, but I'm really pleased you got it!
    Miggy

MEMBER OF MIKE'S MOB!
    Every Penny a Prisoner

This article is about coffeehouse bartenders. For lawyers, see Barrister. (Wikipedia)
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    butti wrote: »
    life is good.

B x

:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T :D :cool:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • miggy
    miggy Posts: 4,328 Forumite
    Options
    Well that went well. Didn't sleep at all last night! Got tired of lying in bed trying to get to sleep, worrying about the fact I wasn't getting to sleep, getting annoyed at the lodger going to the toilet (see, and you all think I'm reasonable!), imagining me in a death crash due to falling asleep at the wheel at 7am.
    In the end I got up at 2.30am and drove down to work arriving at about 6am. Had a 30 minute kip in the car, coffee and porridge and brushed my teeth in a Wetherspoon. I looked a bit of a state but smelt alright!

Now pretty knackered. Just waiting for my 5 cups of coffee from today to wear off.

Pot noodle from B&M very good when you are staying in a hotel for 3 days (not very healthy!) but do remember your fork!

B x

And I thought I kept strange hours!

Hang on just a bit longer - nearly there now.
    Miggy

MEMBER OF MIKE'S MOB!
    Every Penny a Prisoner

This article is about coffeehouse bartenders. For lawyers, see Barrister. (Wikipedia)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure