The above account tracker is £1.99
    Xxx

Whoops - left that bit out.

Best two quid I ever spent on an app :D
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well Mr GB I must appear more technically advanced than I am. IoS what's that? The Isle of Sheppy? The Isle of Skye? I shall check it out once I have an ipad, which I think will be after Chrimblemouse and after I have a renter in my house. I still have a cassette player in my car!!!!:rotfl:

Thank you for cheering me up. You are lovely people. I'm having a difficult few days but you definately help.

B x
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Keep plodding xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Butti
    Options
    Does anyone else do a long post and when you post it the system makes you sign in again and wipes your post. It's happened to me a few times now and I'm tired :mad:

Never mind. Lets update my siggy and give me something to aim for!
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Grand_Benders
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    Does anyone else do a long post and when you post it the system makes you sign in again and wipes your post. It's happened to me a few times now and I'm tired :mad:

Never mind. Lets update my siggy and give me something to aim for!

Happened to me last night when I was replying to you, but it was because the site was going down for maintenance, so my own fault for not typing quicker!

iOS is the operating system on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. I'm guessing you don't have any of these. When you do save up for your iPad, £2 for the account tracker app will be money well spent. :)

Sincerely
    Mrs and Mrs GB ;)
    :p
  • miggy
    miggy Posts: 4,328 Forumite
    Options
    Keep your chin up, Butti - you'll get there!

Crimblemouse... like that one! :D Neville gets everywhere... x
    Miggy

MEMBER OF MIKE'S MOB!
    Every Penny a Prisoner

This article is about coffeehouse bartenders. For lawyers, see Barrister. (Wikipedia)
  • Butti
    edited 19 August 2012 at 12:28PM
    Options
    What a weird week!

Well after trying a few times to get my budget on and failing I am taking a different approach. I have 'nicked' Gargrave's SOA from her front page and am going to cut and amend it then will post it. It will be for the next phase of the journey (cue Star Wars music) the 'Spare room / Cardboard box' phase where we shall assume Steve Jobs is still joining the dots for me and I shall end up in a nice house with a reasonable sized room. This will be appearing shortly (according to Steve!).

Money wise the week has been good. Very monitored, very controlled and pretty focused. Maybe terror of things going off the rails is keeping me focused.

Three weeks into the job and I am starting to understand what an 'almost' impossible task I have infront of me. Having said that I have 'overcome' in the past so will give it my best shot.

Two houses to view next weeks so hopefully can leave narrowboat, which frankly I'm in no rush to do but am under significant pressure from my cousin (the owner) to not overstay my welcome and basically GET OUT by the end of August. The journey to work should be cut from about 60-90 minutes each way which is tiring.

So NEW BOY has started at work and has proven more or less instantly that he can remember everyone's name, how they like their tea/coffee and which cup they have. I, on Thursday, had to ask the boss TWICE what she wanted because frankly my head was in a bit of a bucket. Feeling under some pressure on the coffee orders:rotfl:

Anyway shock of the week was a text late Wednesday when a friend texted me to ask me my ex's surname. Hoping she was going to say yes he's doing supply at our school she said 'he's been in an accident'. From a conversation with his friend it turns out he's hit a car on his bike probably at about 50/60mph as they 'T boned' him. According to another of my friends this shouldn't upset me as he is an ex!!!! Rang his ward yesterday and (I love NHS staff) the nurse said to me very gently 'I can't report progress to you as you are not next of kin'. This has calmed me right down because it means a. he isn't dead b. he is making some progress.

So have come home this weekend to a load of painting / ironing/ gardening/ clearing and a BBQ this afternoon. You know that warm welcome you get when you've been away. Well.......no lodger back from Libya yet. Will see if she appears by next weekend?!!!

But there was a warm welcome when I opened the fridge. Three cockroaches came running out from under the veg tray to say hello. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

How many of these icons do you need for this situation ?
    That feels like not enough!!!!

So the floors and corners have all been sprayed with the killer stuff. I will clear the fridge out and a 'new' secondhand fridge will be ordered on Monday for delivery on Saturday as the current fridge is obviously not a sealed unit.

So plan for next week;
    1. View two rooms at least
    2. Live according to budget
    3. Order second hand fridge
    4. Start making friends birthday pressie - birthday yesterday!

B x
    48% off mortgage

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options

If you use firefox, you *can* click the back arrow a few times and find your text still in the box for you to cut out and paste in a new reply once you've signed in again. Doesn't help if your browser crashes though.

Also - there's this https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/lazarus-form-recovery/ which would.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Three weeks into the job and I am starting to understand what an 'almost' impossible task I have infront of me. Having said that I have 'overcome' in the past so will give it my best shot.

Nothing is impossible. Well - not much anyway... ;)
    Two houses to view next weeks so hopefully can leave narrowboat, which frankly I'm in no rush to do but am under significant pressure from my cousin (the owner) to not overstay my welcome and basically GET OUT by the end of August. The journey to work should be cut from about 60-90 minutes each way which is tiring.

And expensive. And wearing on your car.
    So NEW BOY has started at work and has proven more or less instantly that he can remember everyone's name, how they like their tea/coffee and which cup they have.

Oh, a professionally trained tea maker. Impressive.
    Anyway shock of the week was a text late Wednesday when a friend texted me to ask me my ex's surname. Hoping she was going to say yes he's doing supply at our school she said 'he's been in an accident'. From a conversation with his friend it turns out he's hit a car on his bike probably at about 50/60mph as they 'T boned' him.

:eek:

*NASTY*
    According to another of my friends this shouldn't upset me as he is an ex!!!! Rang his ward yesterday and (I love NHS staff) the nurse said to me very gently 'I can't report progress to you as you are not next of kin'. This has calmed me right down because it means a. he isn't dead b. he is making some progress.

But there was a warm welcome when I opened the fridge. Three cockroaches came running out from under the veg tray to say hello. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

How many of these icons do you need for this situation ?

More...
    That feels like not enough!!!!

It wasn't.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    So the floors and corners have all been sprayed with the killer stuff. I will clear the fridge out and a 'new' secondhand fridge will be ordered on Monday for delivery on Saturday as the current fridge is obviously not a sealed unit.

Most permanent fridges aren't. They normally have a vent for condensation to trickle away. You may see it at the bottom/back of your fridge.
    4. Start making friends birthday pressie - birthday yesterday!

:naughty:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Errr Butti my birthday is next week :rotfl:

Good to see you Z :wave:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure