I can't think of a witty name for my diary

Options

Comments

• rubyinamountainofrocks_2
    Options
    Morning :D

Felt really tired when I got up but feeling much better now. Had some (value) porridge and a cuppa.

Last night we went to see Batman, was good although I don't remember seeing the others so cannot really compare it. Bit long sat in cinema though! Took a can of pop each and the sweets from the day before. No spends for me yesterday.

Had jacket potatoes last night with bit of quiche with the day befores date on (we don't pay too much attention to dates)! and a few chicken nuggets that had been living in the freezer for the last few months.

Have got my SBTV playing away in the background and checked banking this morning and have had £10 go in from Swagbucks.

Passed the tests from the banking job yeseterday so waiting to see if I hear from them. Have also got a local part time job to enquiry about. And I really do need to buy mouthwash today!!

Think I am going to join the make £10 a day challenge, was not going to with doing the others but think I have changed my mind!

Still need to go in the shower and get the house clean and straight! So disorganised.

OH mentioned he has been asked to do some overtime soon which is good :)

Have got a SAO to post. Might not be 110 percent accurate yet as need to record spending properly in order to check the figures.
    PAID OFF FEB 2014 - £62.00
    PAID OFF MAR 2014 - £53.54
    PAID OFF APR 2014 - £47.00
    PAID OFF MAY 2014 - £62.80
    rubyinamountainofrocks_2 Posts: 247 Forumite
    edited 6 March 2014 at 4:40PM
    Options
    Statement of Affairs and Personal Balance Sheet
    Household Information
    Number of adults in household........... 2
    Number of children in household......... 0
    Number of cars owned.................... 1 This is a company car
    Monthly Income Details[/b]
    Monthly income after tax................ 0 £437 - £729
    March 2013 - approx £160 Sept 13 - 696.00 (av over 3 months)
    Partners monthly income after tax....... 1700
    Benefits................................ 0
    Other income............................
    Total monthly income.................... 1735[/b]
    Monthly Expense Details
    Mortgage................................ 0
    Secured/HP loan repayments.............. 0
    Rent.................................... 550
    Management charge (leasehold property).. 0
    Council tax............................. 83 This is what it would work out as over 12 months - It is paid over 10 though - we have asked if it could be done over 12 and the council would not allow it
    Electricity............................. 125 This is high because when we moved here we were only paying 5 per month and the company would not change it From Feb 13 - £80 for gas & electric
    Gas..................................... 0
    Oil..................................... 0
    Water rates............................. 29 This is an estimate (our water is metered)Jan 13 - should have lowered
    Telephone (land line)................... 16 (but have spent up to 24 - looking at switching)
    Mobile phone............................ 100.5 This is for 3 mobiles - for me, OH and his daughter. OH is also still paying for 3 previous contracts. One @ 25 month with about a year left to run! and one at 41 with about 3 months left. The current contracts work out cheaper than this with cahsback but I have included that in extra income.

My phone bill now equals - £15.50

TV Licence.............................. 12.5 This is what it would be if was worked out over 12 months
    Satellite/Cable TV...................... 6.50 This is for Netflix
    Internet Services....................... 2.5 This is from Tesco and works out as free due to cashback from quidco
    Groceries etc. ......................... 150
    September spend = approx £185 (includes toiletries, cleaning stuff etc & can still be cut back further).
    From Feb 13 (ish) approx - £140 p/m
    Clothing................................ 0
    Petrol/diesel........................... 180 This is a guess based on where we tend to go in a usual month, although 120 is for OH for work
    Road tax................................ 0
    Car Insurance........................... 0
    Car maintenance (including MOT)......... 0
    Car parking............................. 8 Complete guess but not something that is needed that often 0
    Other travel............................ 108 - 180 (need to start split ticketing/collecting points etc)!
    Childcare/nursery....................... 0
    Other child related expenses............ 0
    Medical (prescriptions, dentist etc).... 50
    Pet insurance/vet bills................. 0
    Buildings insurance..................... 0
    Contents insurance...................... 15 - apparently not as OH has stopped paying it!
    Life assurance ......................... 0
    Other insurance......................... 0
    Presents (birthday, christmas etc)...... 47 This is based on what I would usually spend and can be cut back on - already planning presents & cutting back
    Haircuts................................ 13.50 This is based on OH having a cut once a month (although it probably is not done every month) and me having 3 cuts at £30 per time (Got last haircut for £21, signed up for vouchers still looking out for offers)
    Entertainment........................... 200

Holiday................................. 16 This is how much I reckon the so called cheap UK hol is going to end up costing!!
    Emergency fund.......................... 0 !
    Total monthly expenses.................. 2078 Higher than money coming in!!

Assets
    Cash.................................... 0
    House value (Gross)..................... 0
    Shares and bonds........................ 0
    Car(s).................................. 0
    Other assets............................ 0
    Total Assets............................ 0

No Secured nor Hire Purchase Debts
    Unsecured Debts
    Description....................Debt......Monthly...APR
    Old debts......................1800......17........0 One of the old debts have been sold to another company, it is still £2 a month but they plan to review it every 90 days. Is about £400 but not a priority as the interest is frozen.
    My Overdraft...................2000......0.........0
    OH Main OD.....................500.......0.........0 Bank account OH is currently using. They charge him 25 pound a year for this facility.
    OH Capital One.................500.......0.........24.9
    Comet..........................1830......0.........24.9
    Next...........................425......0.........25.9
    Arcadia Store Card.............500.......5.........25

My Capital One.................191.70....5.61......35 2% paid off

Barclaycard - £2000
    Very1 - 672
    Very2
    LLoyds CC - 750

Monthly Budget Summary
    Total monthly income.................... 1,735
    Expenses (including HP & secured debts). 2,078
    Available for debt repayments........... -343 :eek: This is bad and needs to change although, its better than i thought!
    This figure was incorrect thankfully - I had included £400 that I did not need to as it had been accounted for.
    Monthly UNsecured debt repayments....... 190.61
    Amount short for making debt repayments. -533.61
    Personal Balance Sheet Summary
    Total assets (things you own)........... 0
    Total HP & Secured debt................. -0
    Total Unsecured debt.................... -13,594.82
    Net Assets.............................. -13,594.82
    Created using the SOA calculator at www.makesenseofcards.com.
    Reproduced on Moneysavingexpert with permission, using IE browser.
  • Have got an interview it is tomorrow afternoon :)

Have been and bought mouthwash as planned that was only spend. The sales assistant asked if I wanted to buy some ice cold water - I hate it when shops make them do that sort of thing as it is although I did find it amusing when I realised afterwards that said ice cold water was not even in the fridge (easily amused I know) :)

Had lunch - cheese on "toast" using a 'bread roll' that was too hard to eat as it was and some cheese that was lurking in the fridge.

Need to cook/freeze some food later as some of the dates are close, depends what we end up eating later.

Need to try and convince OH (and myself :o) to go the gym later. Need to do a little tidying and cleaning. And need to get on the £10 a day thread - will do that when I am done here.

Glad I come on here - reminded me to do charity clicks, check valued opinions and Onepoll and is kind of therapeutic :)

Also need to make sure I am prepared for tomorrow with times/location etc. clear. And as always do whatever else I have missed :)
    Options
    Ok. Great minds think a like, maybe?

OH has text asking if I fancy the gym. He did mention if he did go it would probably be today because he likes to leave it a full day without drinking. He text back saying enjoy he is going to the pub when I said yes. Then he said he was doing one or the other. Can't tell whether he is trying to wind me up or not. If he does go pub maybe I will go gym anyway...

On a seperate note I remember to take my beauty card to superdrug and earned 2 whole points - every little helps.

Have started tidying/cleaning but am distracted by MSE!
    Options
    OH has gone to the pub :naughty:

Hopefully, he won't be out too long coz he has work early in the morning.

And I have not gone to the gym :o. Could come up with a million excuses but basically I just CBA :)

My feet were looking a bit of a mess (sorry bit minging) so I soaked them in water with disolved aspirin. Tip picked up on here before I was clever enough to join in. So thank you to any one who's tips I have picked up over the years :T

Think I will watch P.S I love you later as I don't think I have seen it and its on filmfour.

OH suggested I try a game on my phone so we both wasted an hour on that lol.

Tea will be pasta and garlic bread as the pasta has todays date on it. Then chicken dinner (nom) tomorrow as that as tomorrows date on it, and we also have other food with tommorows date on that we will eat the day after. Maybe we will have curries with the next days date on the day after that (or maybe I will pop them in the freezer...)

OH has a suit to take back to Next and something to send back to BHS - need to get that done this week.

Got SBTV on in the background as Swagbucks seems slow for me for the past week or so, maybe it will improve tomorrow for the new month.
    Options
    Forgot to mention I have signed up to Disney and see Film First so hopefully should be able to get some free cinema tickets.

On that note I used to order good (stuff I would use) all the time, need to get back into that.

Just done clicks on adpaid and archerfish, probably too slow for most people but its only a few seconds a day so going to stick with it for now.
  • Seemed keen at interview, have a trial tomorrow and have been offered a job as long as this is successful :D.

Only spends so far have been transport to get there.

Received a cheque as a graduation present - need to cash and then remember to use it for something nice!

Took a water bottle filled from home with me. Cooking lunch now - jacket with cheese (simple but works so well) and BBQ sauce because that is yummy with most things lol :cool:

Put dishwasher on with every big plate, all but one of our ordinary glasses and all but one mug (its only a little one).

Done a little SBTV in the background.

Am expecting quidco cashback in a few days for OH's phone (in my name).

Done my charity clicks, done a Onepoll 10p survey.

The house is looking fairly tidy.

Tried cutting the toothpaste to see if I could get any more out but there was practically nothing - OH had squeezed it out. Im sure he is secertly quite MSE really :rotfl:

Also need to remind him there is a bottle of shower gel in his car I found while looking for sunglasses other day.

Used body lotion as shaving gel - makes legs feel really smooth. Am not going to bother with £ shop bic razors again though. Oh well only time I have tried them.

As always I'm sure there is stuff I have missed and I am sure I'll be back later :)
  • Made £1.84p today :rotfl:must try harder!

OH pondered the pub but decided against it :eek:

Chicken was yummy and we are still here lol, followed by yorkie with jam :)

Went to Sainsburys for gravy. Didn't do too badly. Did not pick up a basket. Bought gravy, 2 bottles of coke, 2 jars of curry sauce and a box of trackers. But had to pay to park there and parking is 'free' if you spend over £10 spent like 9.70 :mad: will not be caught out again!
  • Morning :)

Got the job :D

Yesterday - took bottle of water out with me, had free drink after working, had value porridge at brekkie and food with day before's date on for tea (with chips for good measure seen as OH did it :S).

Went to the pub (naughty I know), apparently we had to celebrate and OH was locked out! (Need to get new keys cut)!! Then he told me something that really pi**ed me off :mad: so we came home anyway, but I have moved on from that as there is nothing that can be done about said situation (not money related lol).

Got £45 Quidco cashback yesterday :D
    Also sent off day before for £10 Valued Opinions Sains voucher :)
  • Hi. Once again I have written a long post and then deleted it :(. Oh welll here I go again

Evening :D. Today I have -

:) Spoke to my bank about the possibility of extending overdraft - they won't - probably not a bad thing and the new job will allow me to get back on track.

:) Swagbucks - vids, SBTV and realised I had not done poll and NOSO so have done that, the e-mail and an offer

:) Made 90p on Onepoll - good for me as I am often screened out. Made 25p on a 2 min survey from VO.

:) Done charity, adpaid and archerfish clicks

:) Wore a certain pair of jeans in house - I have a couple of pairs plus a pair of leggings that am going to try to wear most of time when not going anywhere to save constant wearing/washing loads of different clothes. Also, did not iron my top :o, although it looked normal a couple of hours later.

:) Had yoghurt for brekkie, cheese and onion toastie for 'lunch' at 5.30 using onion from freezer and a slice of bread from pack that was at back of freezer. Also had coke from open bottle, rather than new bottle that was also open :mad::rotfl:

:) Not having take a way tonight!!! Having yummy supermarket curry instead which I am actually really looking forward to. Fancy something spicy and its still carp and something that I don't really have to cook :o Oh, and it has yesterdays date on (we don't believe it tastes right til it does round here lol)

:) Have sent some e-mails/read some stuff re new job. Needed to print a few bits so OH did it at work

:) Washed some stuff that might have usually gone in the dishwasher this morning. Means dishwasher will get used more efficiently and I was already using hot water/washing up liquid (gone back to normal brand, tried Persil last month b/c it was cheap but found I needed to use loads)

:) Order phone case off Amazon with SB voucher. Was going to order cover as well but forgot to take postage costs into account. This was £3 with 'free' delivery. Am going to wait until it comes as I think I might not need the cover as well, and it may look better without it.

:) Have also turned my wishlist into a c******as gift ideas list. On dotcom there is something seperate for this but as I use .co.uk this seemed easier. This means (maybe) that I will be more organised, can look for offers and if I do buy from there can use SB vouchers. Then maybe I won't be the only woman doing most of her own shopping the day/2 days before this year :o

:) Rest of cashback has tracked for Quidco (£20), odd spilt but should be paid in next payment run
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business