We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Amazing DELL Laptop Deals £328 Superb Spec XP or Vista

Options

Comments

• Aiadi
    Aiadi Posts: 1,840 Forumite
    Options
    People (including myself) are already buying:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=404144
    :money:
    Thanks mjr600. do you think the 6400 will go down in price as well?
    Do I want it? ......Do I need it? ......What would happen if I don't buy it??????
  • karljb4
    karljb4 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Cheers lads...sorted and ordered!!!
  • mjr600
    mjr600 Posts: 760 Forumite
    Options
    Can't see the 6400 dropping below £387, Dell need to maintain a distinction in price between the two models. Remember the 6400 at that price has the 6 cell battery as standard, Intel Core Duo not AMD Turion and it has the years CAR warranty.

Even with the 6 cell battery on the 1501 there's £50 between the two which isn't huge but enough to swing the 1501 back to the top of the Dell best laptop deal.

£50 is enough to buy your other half a nice meal out when they see the new laptop you've just bought and ask 'what the hell have you been buying now'.
  • hammodt
    hammodt Posts: 412 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Where did you see these deals advertised?

Cheers!

David

Ps - Cheapest it'll sell me the 6400 for is £399... what am I doing wrong??

ADDED:
    ... ok, I've answered my own question. The code for the £387 6400 is N03642

Good luck!
    What shall I put here? :confused:
  • mjr600
    Options
    The deals are originally sought out by a very nice man at dmxdimension, its a refers site so the site owner earns if you click through the site and buy.

You can earn the money that dmxdimension would earn if you buy the laptop by using the Quidco website. I won't cover Quidco here, there's enough about that is the MSE site, but if you buy the Dell using Quidco you will earn almost £15 thereby making the Dell £313.
  • karljb4
    karljb4 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    how do i order the same laptop with quidco?
  • mjr600
    Options
    If you buy it through Quidco you need to locate the deal, you will do that by searching for the laptop using the Dell evalue code.

The evalue code for the Vista 1501 is 305 N03153

the Xp is 305 N03153 XP

After going to the Dell site you need to find the evalue search page, search evalue in the search box in the top rh corner, click the link it finds and put the codes in on that page, it will locate the deal, you can buy it and fingers crossed Quidco will have tracked it for your cashback !
  • defnas
    defnas Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Im tempted by this deal,has anyone got the trulife screen? I know there is a debate on reflection I just wondered if anyone that has trulife might like to give their opinion.Thanks.
  • Idiophreak
    Idiophreak Posts: 12,024 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    that's really dumb "dell recommends geniune windows xp media center" - but we won't let you buy it.

Do you think if I rang up they'd be able to offer an MCE upgrade?
  • satan666wayne
    satan666wayne Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    Options
    Idiophreak wrote: »
    that's really dumb "dell recommends geniune windows xp media center" - but we won't let you buy it.

Do you think if I rang up they'd be able to offer an MCE upgrade?

have a look at post 9
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family