Nissan messing me around - who can I complain to?!

Options

Comments

• PabloM
    PabloM Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Nissan's attitude sounds very familiar. I bought a new Juke and took delivery on 30 May. On 30 June the RAC had to take the car to a Nissan main dealer as the Engine Management System had partly packed up. As at today (mid-September) I still do not have the car back and no-one at Head Office (who I'm now dealing with) can tell me when I will get it back ! They have said they are fulfilling their contractual obligations by repairing it under the warranty which gives them the right to take as long as it takes PLUS I'm not entitled to any compensation ! I've asked them if they believe that is good customer service and how they (Nissan) believe customers should be treated and they have refused to answer that. The car was partly financed by HP from Nissan Finance so I contacted them and they've said it's nothing to do with them as the manufacturer is repairing it.
    Trading standards have said I should write giving them a deadline which I've done but they haven't acknowledged.
    Its a nightmare - Nissan really couldn't care less !
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Certainly lost me as a potential customer, shocking
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 7,003 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 September 2015 at 4:06PM
    Options
    Well when our Juke needs replacing I will NOT buy another Nissan! Like the poster we are fed up with their customer services who although they have a .co.uk address are not in the UK!
    Nissan lie about service costs, look at their website which gives the prices but after much complaining they said this is only a GUIDE!
    Next they changed the brake fluid when the car was 18months old and charged me for it!
    Nowhere on the web or in the service book does it state what should be done on a service! After much complaining they sent me some pages to stick into the service book giving some details.
    Finally we now have the gloss coat peeling off the front bumper, a common fault, will wait and see if they deal with it or will we have to pay!
    Like the poster I wish there was a way of complaining that was effective.
    Just to add the sat nav is hopeless as well, 12 year roads are not on it, whilst in France lots of towns could not be entered, try St. Malo for example.
  • Tony_Berry
    Options
    Recently had trouble with Nissan agent in Hampshire who are basically a pack of liars and got my custom under false pretences (still ongoing). So far despite nearly
    10 'phone calls to Nissan customer care team the problem is not resolved. They seem incapable
    of making a decision and are not bothering to keep me informed of any progress (if any).
    Certainly throws a bad light on Nissan 'back up' although I hope their vehicles are better than their back office 'support'.
    Nissan customer case Ref: 1-712788342
  • facade
    facade Posts: 7,060 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I made the mistake* of buying a Nissan.
    I would never buy another. I've had more things go wrong, which are clearly design & build issues in 2 years than with all my previous cars put together.

*entirely my fault. I imagined I was buying Japanese quality, but it turns out I have a French "design" assembled (badly) in England.

My next car is having a VIN number starting with J.
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • aja54
    Options
    I have had a very similar experience to most on here regarding customer services. I don't think I've ever had so much stalling and lack of action in my life, coupled with what amounts to lies. I'm told one thing one week, then ring for an update and find from someone else that what should have happened simply has not. As usual, you get the "we're really busy" routine all the time. My vehicle has been off the road for over a month and still the Warranty department has not got together with Customer Services to make a proposal. I try not to take a lot of notice of forums, but have read several in the past few days and must agree with all here regarding their experiences.

The worst service ever, anywhere. Unbelievable.
  • mr_accountant
    mr_accountant Posts: 800 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 October 2016 at 1:39AM
    Options
    I always wondered how this Renault Nissan partnership worked

for the benefit of Renault who flogged all their crap onto Nissan, of all the car makers in Europe they choose a joint venture with Ren-Noooooooo!
  • facade
    facade Posts: 7,060 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Now all the Renault lovers will chime in about how they've never had a problem with their Renault.

Fact is Renault made gazillions of cars& vans, if not actual Renaults their 1.5 turbo eater is in most cars that don't have a PSA. If only 0.1% explode and are riddled with wiring problems, then that is a huge number of people saddled with them. It might be a 1000:1 bet, but I've certainly lost.
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    herman2811 wrote: »
    There must be a body that regulates car manufacturers??

In that respect, car manufacturing is not a regulated industry.
  • PabloM
    PabloM Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    re my post above - to finish the sorry story I eventually got the car back at the end of September 2015 and it was still faulty although Nissan denied this. By this time I'd lodged a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman and because of this I told the dealer I didn't want the vehicle back but he advised me that if I didn't collect it they had the right, if they so chose, to charge me £25 a day storage!
    To cut a long story short the FO found in my favour and in February 2016 I was awarded complete repayment of all money paid plus a sum for distress. The ruling was put on the FO's website. Amazingly enough when the Nissan rep came to collect the vehicle from me I pointed out the unresolved problem of a faulty fuel gauge and she noted it and said "that's not right".
    Important to note that I was only able to complain to the FO because I had taken out a credit agreement to purchase albeit I paid this off in full after 2 months in order to avoid ongoing interest.
    Finally I recently googled the vehicle registration number and note that it was subsequently sold a few months later by a Nissan dealer in Wigan - the other end of the country. I just hope they put the faults right although I doubt very much they gave the purchaser the vehicle's full history !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure