Nissan messing me around - who can I complain to?!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Scrag_Meister
    Options
    Bought my Murano DCi back in January 2012, when it was 16 months old, was the manager's car at a dealer in Mill Hill, North London.

Loved the car, until we had a catastrophic gearbox failure in 2013, luckily 2 months before the warranty expired, so that was replaced, saving me the price tag of £10.5k parts, labour would have been on top.

Dealer serviced from the beginning, come 2016 and it has been 1 thing after another at my expense.

1. Head gasket failure, including a new head and injectors as they injectors had seized in the head.
    2. Turbo unit.
    3. Steering column/ignition lock.
    4. Miscellaneous leak.

This merry lot cost us £5k in total over 3 breakdowns.

Was Serviced and MOT'd just under 4 weeks ago and 2 weeks ago, it packed up on the motorway and we needed to be recovered again. Direct to the dealer in Exeter, now in Devon.

Was told yesterday that the issue is the starter motor and had blown the entire wiring loom and was going to cost us £2.5k.

So this car, ignoring warranty has had nigh on £20k spent out on it including labour.

I have raised a complaint with Nissan as this is now the final straw.

Will keep you posted. :mad:
  • PabloM
    PabloM Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    And I thought my experience with a Nissan was bad ! I'm afraid I doubt you will get much joy out of Nissan Customer Service - my experience is that they really don't seem to care about such things or their brand reputation. I imagine they will come back to you and say its out of warranty, tough luck, blah blah blah.... What I would suggest, however, is that you go back to the dealer from where you bought the car and ask for the full history of the vehicle up to the time you purchased it. Had it ever had any work done to it under the warranty ? Had anything failed on the vehicle ? Any parts replaced ? Had the manager had it for his personal use from new ? If not and it had originally been sold - why was it then sold/traded in at such a young age ? It may be that if such information was withheld from you at the time of purchase, you might have a claim for being sold something that might have been deemed not fit for purpose and, at the very least, past faults of which a purchaser (you) should have been made aware.
    I say this following my own experience where my former vehicle was sold by Nissan via a dealer the other end of the country; I have no idea what story the eventual purchaser was given but doubt it was the full truth! I was once told by someone in the motor trade that "bad" vehicles (once, hopefully, fixed) will often be moved to somewhere where no-one is likely to recognise the plate for selling on.
    Good luck
  • Scrag_Meister
    Scrag_Meister Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 17 May 2017 at 1:07PM
    Options
    You are correct, Nissan Customer Service response was, It's out of warranty and you have been "unlucky". :mad:

So we are getting it fixed and then getting shot. The dealer offered a p/x, I said you have to be kidding me I wont be buying Nissan again.

Very frustrating, and expensive.

All part of life's rich tapestry!

Edit : Its a 4 week wait for the parts.

Edit: 7/5/2017 Still waiting for the car to be fixed.

Edit 1: 12/5/2017 Another week passes and we are still waiting.

Edit 2: 12/5/2017 : Looks like the end. Seems the engine had suffered a major failure. So there you go, Murano (Navarra) 2.5 Diesel is a POS. And it took them 9 weeks to find this out, even though I suggested it when the car first went in.

Exit : 17/05/2017 : £14.5k for a new engine, nearly twice the value. Off to the scrapper for £1k.

Moral : Nissan do not give a 5h1t!!

Thanks for reading.
  • aym280
    aym280 Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This happened last year. But on seeing some discussion on recall, I thought I should persevere.. Justice is not done in one day.

We had an airbag recall letter. Booked appointment and was limited to 2 dates which were inconvenient. Son had to drive car from Canterbury back to Romford. On the very date, I was asked on the phone if I wanted to sell the car. I said no. Then after that, I was told there was no need to come for the appointment as THE PARTS WERE NOT THERE!

I was furious. Nissan should not mess their customers like this. I want them to reimburse me for the petrol and their disdain for their customers' safety and time are despicable. I have had troubles forever with the boot door. It cost me £60 each time. Perhaps, they don't want our custom any more. Ex bought a Nissan 2010 make and already he couldn't open his driver windows.. That will cost .. Perhaps, I should go for Mazda or even Skoda!
  • Sandra_harman
    Options
    I have a 2015 Juke which has developed 2 problem oil leak which was supposed to be found on servicing beginning of this year garage supposed to fix only 2 discover oil leak 3 weeks later got Nissan Assist who took it to a different dealer only to discover same fault so suppose that’s not the cars fault now the Turbo has gone not 19000 miles on clock yet I’m not impressed how do I go about complaining to.
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have a 2015 Juke which has developed 2 problem oil leak which was supposed to be found on servicing beginning of this year garage supposed to fix only 2 discover oil leak 3 weeks later got Nissan Assist who took it to a different dealer only to discover same fault so suppose that’s not the cars fault now the Turbo has gone not 19000 miles on clock yet I’m not impressed how do I go about complaining to.
    Whoever you complain to, he is more likely to respond if you employ some punctuation.;););)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure