Nissan messing me around - who can I complain to?!

Options

Comments

• Nutter244
    Options
    RMS2 wrote: »
    Go on, have a guess?

Why do people take the vehicle out of the network and expect the manufacturer to pay for it.

Plus, when will they learn, the contract is between them and the dealer, not the manufacturer, and 3rd parties will always tell you what to hear if they're going to get some work out of it.

I am to see Nissan have a representative using this website :T
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Go on, have a guess?
    If you have nothing useful to say (my question was to the OP) then you should probably refrain from posting. :)
  • Nutter244
    Options
    My Nissan which is a Murano has been in the Dealer network all it's life. Has this helped? No! Just had confirmation today from James Wright (Nissan UK CEO) team, that he will not assist or Authorise any help from Nissan to fix the faults that where designed in to the Murano from day one. Although Nissan in North America have been fixing or assisting to rectify the design faults (Class Action Lawsuit Pressure) but same car same brand in the UK, on ya bike. Utter shame on you Nissan these parts some of which are structural could be fatal. Nissan here in the UK say they have not received the level of complaints to look into this matter, as I point out the Murano was brought into this country in limited numbers never designed to be sold in great units. Shame.
  • RMS2
    RMS2 Posts: 335 Forumite
    Options
    Crabman wrote: »
    If you have nothing useful to say (my question was to the OP) then you should probably refrain from posting. :)

it's a free forum and anybody can and will reply. Anyway, not my fault you didn't bother to read the post, as the answer was quite clearly given.
  • The_Loan_Stranger
    Options
    Nutter244 wrote: »
    My Nissan which is a Murano has been in the Dealer network all it's life. Has this helped? No! Just had confirmation today from James Wright (Nissan UK CEO) team, that he will not assist or Authorise any help from Nissan to fix the faults that where designed in to the Murano from day one. Although Nissan in North America have been fixing or assisting to rectify the design faults (Class Action Lawsuit Pressure) but same car same brand in the UK, on ya bike. Utter shame on you Nissan these parts some of which are structural could be fatal. Nissan here in the UK say they have not received the level of complaints to look into this matter, as I point out the Murano was brought into this country in limited numbers never designed to be sold in great units. Shame.

Could you not find out the limited amount of cars produced (i'm not sure, i think it may of been 500 or 5000) and then try and find the percentage of cars displaying this fault. Also is the Qashqui not just a face lifted version of the Murano, and so would the early Qashqui's not display the same problems?
    Just a thought!
  • Nutter244
    Options
    I will need to put a request for Freedom of information to see how many Murano's where registered in the UK, vs how many are still in use. I have had enough of Nissan now, and know the Juke and Qashqui models are experiencing issues too now. So see a Facebook page I made today, my first ever Facebook page I always stayed away. Please join and please put your story's, please pass this on to other owners. Please look up Facebook and Nissan CVT failures. It's named Nissan CVT failures.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    it's a free forum and anybody can and will reply. Anyway, not my fault you didn't bother to read the post, as the answer was quite clearly given.

They didn't say whether the third-party actually did the work or not, they just said they took the car to a garage. Those two scenarios are not the same. Hence my question.

They also said that Nissan denied the extended warranty even existed on the gearbox. Nissan have since admitted the extension of the warranty.

Again, if you don't have anything useful to say, perhaps you should refrain from posting. My question was to the OP, not you. :)
  • chapelman66
    Options

Why I’ll never buy another Nissan

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not the design of the car, whichwould be perfect for my needs. It’s thetotally abysmal service standards and apparent lack of control Nissan have overtheir dealerships

If you’re ready for the sorry tale and have your handkerchiefout, here goes. I bought the Qashqai froma local Ford dealership, which resisting the urge to take a cheap shot and say “nowI know why someone changed it for a Ford” it seemed to be a good price and the 2 ltr diesel seemed to be just whatI was looking for.

1 year on and the engine management light on the dashboardlights up amber. This is no biggy(little did I know), had a similar thing on a couple of cars before and it’susually just a reset of the system or maybe a bit of electronics playingup.

Anyhow, I take it to my local garage who plugs in a laptopand resets the light. It comes back onthe next day.

OK, I take it back and they reset the whole system. It comes back on the next day

I take it back again and they diagnose a faulty sensor, orderone, fit it and reset the system. Itcomes back on the next day.

I take it back, they look into the matter further and getadvice that they need to “pair up” the sensor and ECU. Do this and reset the system. The light comes back on……the same day.

Since things don’t seem to be going too well at this pointand the car has been off the road about 8 days in total I suggest they take itto a Nissan dealership, since they will obviously have the right diagnosticequipment to pin down the fault. They dothis and it comes back 2 days later with a new ECU. The light comes back on the next day!

I’m somewhat understandably furious now as well as £250+worse off putting aside the £198 I’d paid to get the sensor fitted, so I take itback to the local garage, who in turn take it back to the Nissandealership. It’s there 2 days and comesback with a report that there was a faulty connection which has now been fixed. A week later, the light comes back on again.

Whilst trawling around the internet looking for anyone whohas had a similar experience and got it resolved and looking wistfully at theprice of second hand Volkswagens I come across the Nissan Facebook page, leavemy tale of woe on there and get asked to call their national customer servicedepartment. I do this and a very nicegentleman takes all of my details, apologises profusely, sounds quite upset thatI have had such a bad time, assigns me my own case manager and assures me thatthe issue will be sorted. Of course Inow know that’s what’s known in customer service terms as professionalism. The art of being able to sound concerned,sympathetic and effective when in reality, either you don’t give a stuff or thepeople you talk to within an organisation just mutter blah, blah when you callthem and carry on with their cup of tea, game of Grand Theft Auto or whateverit is that those nice Nissan people do when they aren’t “professionally”dealing with an annoying customer who’s whinging on just because his nice shinyQashqai is off the road “again”. Theattitude seems to be, for God’s sake, he’s driving an engineering achievementthat has apparently been What Car small SUV of the year for 2 years running andhe’s moaning about a small amber light and the fact that it’s been off the road10 days now, and it’s still not fixed. The moron should be grateful that he’s got such a fine car at all!

And now? Well itsgone back to the dealership for the third time where it’s been for a solid week,yes that’s 17 days off the road in total, with no news about what’shappening. Not to me, not to my localgarage and not to the very professional Nissan Customer Service Centre. Five phone calls later, the local dealershipisn’t returning any calls and that’s it.

Basically, all I can hope for is that you’ve read this taleof woe and don’t make the same mistake that I have, or as my somewhat smug sonsaid “when you’re looking for a new car just think German, German, German. Now you know why they cist a few pounds more”and maybe don’t believe everything a “professional” customer services persontells you!

And finally……I’ve been waiting 2 hours for the NationalCustomer Service Centre to get back to me, the person handling the repair atthe local dealership is off sick and they can’t find the workshop Forman “hemight be out on a test drive or something”. Amazing doesn’t do it justice, you couldn’t make it up!

And the question, does anyone know who I can get in touch with at Nissan to actually get something done???
  • Fee......
    Options
    This CVT issue is not the first to affect Jukes or Qashqais sadly.

There have been numerous reported on both Qashqai and Juke owners forums iin the UK and overseas.

There does seem to be a predisposition for these CVT units to fail at very low mileages and despite some owners having had their cars faithfully services by Nissan franchises not all the owners have had a satisfactory outcome,

It does seem unfair that the U.S. get a better deal than us European customers, they must take us for a bunch of mugs,

Fee
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport