We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What Value things have you tried and liked?

1…4748505253…138

Comments

  • Emmsie21
    Emmsie21 Posts: 93 Forumite
    I use alot of Tesco Value range as its all I can afford at the moment and I think most of it is ok.

    Someone mentioned Asda SP shower gel and I find the tesco one isn't too bad for 10p. It has lasted a while (but then there is only me who uses it!) and is thick and lathers quite well. I always think that Wilkinsons is cheap and checked there value range for shower gel the other day and was surprised to find it is 23p. I would have expected a slight difference but not quite that mcuh.

    Anyway, back to Tesco.... I think the dried pasta and spaghetti is good along with the yoghurts and fromage frais, which my little boy eats quite happily. I am not a fan of the Value washing up liquid but happily use the fabric detergent liquid and fabric softener.

    I find some of the fresh fruit - especially the bananas go bad very quickly but the apples are ok.

    The worst value item I have had has got to be the tea bags, which I think someone has mentioned before - sorry only skimmed through a few pages so much of what I'm putting is probably repeated - Sorry!!
  • Mrs_Weasley
    Mrs_Weasley Posts: 335 Forumite
    sainsburys:D
    :D I know i'm in my own world~it's ok they know me here!!! :D
    :) "It will be fine" quoted by ....me :)
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,216
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Hi, lilac lady :beer: I think it depends on which items you're after. I like a lot of the Tesco Value products. We have a long thread on which value items people have liked, so I'll link this one to it.

    There's also a thread on which value items to avoid here :rolleyes: what value stuff should be avoided.

    HTH, Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Olliebeak
    Olliebeak Posts: 3,167 Forumite
    Yup - so do my grandkids!

    And the hotdogs in whoopsie finger rolls - What a cheap tea!
  • pink.1970
    pink.1970 Posts: 512 Forumite
    nannaC wrote: »
    Tescos cooking bacon pieces [near the rashers]. If you look closely and search through the packets there are always some that have nearly full rashers in. Great value at about 86p? a pack.

    I used to buy this but it has shot up in price to £1.18 now at my local Mr T's.
    Also normal value bacon is now £1.08.
    :p PinkPunkBird :p
  • pink.1970 wrote: »
    I used to buy this but it has shot up in price to £1.18 now at my local Mr T's.
    Also normal value bacon is now £1.08.

    I've noticed a bit of a jump in 'Value' prices lately on other things too...the value baking potatoes were 24p last month and are now 56p :eek: That's more a leap than a jump!
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,687
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Value dishwasher tablets are great. 1.78 for 30 and I half them too so I get 60 washes.
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • bertiebots
    bertiebots Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    I use sainsburys basics bio washing powder at 53p..they also do a large box but my cupboard isnt big enough!! It is very good even though I do all my washes an a daily (fast) wash to save water ,at 30c to save on power!! I use lenor concentrate and use half the recommended amount so although the powder doesnt have a strong smell the washing still smells lovely ! I find a bottle will last me about 3 weeks so its still good value. Its one of the only branded items I buy along with fairy washing up liquid!
    JAN GC- £155.77 out of £200:D FEB GC £197.31 out of £180:o. MARCH GC - out of £200
  • nannaC
    nannaC Posts: 469 Forumite
    pink.1970 wrote: »
    I used to buy this but it has shot up in price to £1.18 now at my local Mr T's.
    Also normal value bacon is now £1.08.

    Sorry it must have gone up in the last couple of weeks, but I still think it is good value, as pack size is either 500 or 800 gms [just over 1lb in real weight].
  • nannaC
    nannaC Posts: 469 Forumite
    At local Asda their jars of smart price curry sauce were 4p today. Havn't tried it yet but as only me likes curry and I am not a fussy eater it should be alright. Someone at Asda must read this thread and be worried that we were all going tho Sainsbugs.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.