IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Parking Ticket Appeals guide discussion

edited 6 February 2013 at 1:46PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
238 replies 111.6K views

Replies

• ManxRedManxRed Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but if they read the thread properly they'd know that they're not supposed to be asking for guidance in this particular thread.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • edited 1 July 2015 at 11:40AM
    FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    54.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 July 2015 at 11:40AM
    hereford22 wrote: »
    Dear computersaysno

Some people are asking for guidance and your ignorant and aggressive blogs are really childish, but hey a computer geek does not venture into the real world but sits in the dark all day playing with his dongle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People are asking for advice in the wrong place and no matter how often we tell people not to ask for help on this thread, people keep doing it.

The best (and free) advice about private parking tickets on the internet is available in the NEWBIES thread but people blithely keep posting here instead of doing a bit of research first.

It's like walking into a chip shop to buy stamps when you've just walked past a Post Office.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Hi,
    I received a council based ticket in a free parking for 2 hours carpark - where you still have to collect a ticket to display.
    I accidently placed the ticket on the dashboard upside down in a rush before going to a meeting I was unfortunately running late for. They parking officer supplied me with a parking ticket 10 minutes after I had left my car, even though they were able to see the upside down ticket.
    I have kept my ticket and conducted an informal appeal which I had lost (big surprise.. not)...

I'd like to know if it is definitely worth continuing my claim as I accept I had placed the ticket upside down.. however, I was only parked for 45 minutes in the 2 hour free parking carpark and I actually did have the ticket...

thanks,
  • ManxRedManxRed Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where's the facepalm smiley?
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • edited 1 July 2015 at 1:29PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    105.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 July 2015 at 1:29PM
    Hi,
    I received a council based ticket in a free parking for 2 hours carpark - where you still have to collect a ticket to display.
    I accidently placed the ticket on the dashboard upside down in a rush before going to a meeting I was unfortunately running late for. They parking officer supplied me with a parking ticket 10 minutes after I had left my car, even though they were able to see the upside down ticket.
    I have kept my ticket and conducted an informal appeal which I had lost (big surprise.. not)...

I'd like to know if it is definitely worth continuing my claim as I accept I had placed the ticket upside down.. however, I was only parked for 45 minutes in the 2 hour free parking carpark and I actually did have the ticket...
    thanks,

Depends who issued it - but please don't answer here! We can't help you on this thread.

Is it defo a Council ticket? PENALTY CHARGE? If so, go to pepipoo forum and post a pic of BOTH SIDES OF THE PCN - YES THE BACK AS WELL - in a new topic after simply registering there for free). Do NOT post a topic on pepipoo without photos of front & back of the PCN:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

''Fluttering tickets'' are a known phenomenon and yes, most further appellants would win with pepipoo's help on what to say at adjudication.

If it's only a 'PARKING CHARGE NOTICE' then read our sticky thread 'Newbies read this first!' at the top of the forum thread list of parking ticket queries.

PLEASE NO FURTHER REPLIES HERE

PLEASE NO REPLIES HERE.

NO - DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEWBIES PLEASE USE THE ''FORUM JUMP'' ON THE RIGHT AND CLICK ''GO'' TO GET OFF THIS UNHELPFUL OLD THREAD.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I receive these parking fines continuously, as I am a service engineer attending most of the large retailers with car parks, the one advantage I have Is I am Qualified in Health & Safety.

If any of these companies obstruct me in my work, I contact the local district council the car park is in, as they are the ones that issue licenses for the retailers to exist.

Two recent owns in the last month were two totally difference areas, but they are just out to skin you any way they can.
    One was a well known Gym where I was carrying out Electrical Safety Testing, not a 5 minute job for all the appliances, 3 days later got a fine for exceeding 2 hour limit, contacted the local environmental services for the area & told them I was being obstructed from carrying out work to enhance public safety,

I also work in most of the major supermarket chains & the main point here is to ensure you sign in to the premises, not only for your own & fire safety reasons, the fact that you signed in &out dated & timed with your vehicle registration , in the event of the store not notifying the company you were there, all you do is return to the store ask for the sign in book & photograph the page with all your details on it . then if they pursue you in any way notify them you will take action against them ..

Its up to them to find out what evidence you have, can you imagine if they try to take me to court or in any way blacklist me for carrying out a job of work that enhances public safety,
    ... bring them on....
  • HO87HO87 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    I receive these parking fines continuously, as I am a service engineer attending most of the large retailers with car parks, the one advantage I have Is I am Qualified in Health & Safety.....
    What relevance does this have to the original thread topic?

Did you fail to notice the many obvious requests not to post anything further in this thread?
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HO87 wrote: »
    What relevance does this have to the original thread topic?

Did you fail to notice the many obvious requests not to post anything further in this thread?
    No way to respond to a maiden poster.

All threads are available for posting in unless they are "locked"
  • In July I was in a hit and run (my car was hit but they drove on). I phoned 101 while pulled over and was told to drive asap to the police station to report it.

I did so but when pulled up and parked at pay and display near the station I got a ticket from the council for not being correctly parked in the bay (they were correct, I saw my tyres overhang at the back). All I could do after a bad day was cry!

Anyway I appealed the £80 fine and had it reduced to £40, which I then appealed and got repealed.

So pleased! At least i only lost my excess...
  • Hi All,

I'd be most grateful if you could advise if I am being unreasonable expecting 4 parking fines to be cancelled. Using MSE guide we've already overturned 5 (thank you MSE!) Please don't think I am a serial terrible parker - this all happened in the same car park.

In short –

Gloucester City Council & a firm named MiPermit can’tget their act together regarding the terms & conditions of their permits.

The long version -

We (my partner & I) hold a permit (that we pay for, not one that we weregiven) to park in Gloucester city centre in designated streets & car parks such asThe Quay. The permit states that we are entitled to park in the area listed asSt. Michaels’s Square. There is a street named St. Michael’s Square and a carpark in the same area with the same postcode named St. Michaels Square. Thereis absolutely nothing to differentiate between the 2 within any of theTs&Cs of the permit. To add further confusion there is a MiPermit sign in the car park.

We’ve received a total of 9 parking fines from GloucesterCity Council for parking in the car park that we are entitled to park in, we’veoverturned 5 successfully & without issue. However, the final 4 have notbeen over turned & our appeal rejected, we are now expected to pay over£200.00 in fines when we have been parked legally & have actually paid tobe there (by owning a permit).

I emailed MiPermit to see if there was a breakdown in communication as we'd received so many fines and 4 had already been over turned. I received a reply stating that the permit was for "on street parking only". I emailed back to advise there must be an error of some sort as some of the "streets" listed we actually car parks and provided the full address (e.g The Quay is a barrier controlled car park that uses number plate recognition).

We are now going to an independent tribunal & will use MSE guide again.

Please could I get some opinions on this.

Thank you very much.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides