We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Ulster/RBS Bank problems

1…3637394142

Comments

  • NAR
    NAR Posts: 4,865
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Could be a nice end to the week. :beer:
  • no-oneknowsme
    no-oneknowsme Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    Well , having just checked my online banking it seems like Ulster Bank have started to compensate their customers for the 3 weeks disruption to the banking system.....by giving a whole £20 of compensation!

    Have to say that given the scale of the disruption suffered I had been expecting a bit more than a miserable £20!

    I personally had held off closing my accounts with them until I found out what their offer of compensation was....the decision to now close my accounts has just become a whole lot easier!
    The loopy one has gone :j
  • falko89
    falko89 Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Well , having just checked my online banking it seems like Ulster Bank have started to compensate their customers for the 3 weeks disruption to the banking system.....by giving a whole £20 of compensation!

    Have to say that given the scale of the disruption suffered I had been expecting a bit more than a miserable £20!

    I personally had held off closing my accounts with them until I found out what their offer of compensation was....the decision to now close my accounts has just become a whole lot easier!

    Hmm don't see anything in my account yet, some guy on the news gor £100 for his trouble.
  • nothing in my account either ............
  • doelani
    doelani Posts: 2,576
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 31 August 2012 at 9:21AM
    2 payments of £20 into joint account. Must be £20 per customer. Thankfully I dd no close account even though nothing in it as have changed bank .
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb :T
  • BigAl94
    BigAl94 Posts: 1,919
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Total PR disaster, the writing must surely be on the wall for this once good bank.
  • NAR
    NAR Posts: 4,865
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    £20 is a total disgrace. Will wait to see what Ulster Bank come out with later today. Chris Ryder (former well known journalist now retired) got £100 by going through the complaint system. He said he was just an "ordinary Joe" customer and didn't do much business with the bank. I think his revelations on UTV last night will have most customers blood boiling. I certainly am far from happy if I don't get more than a measly £20 for the inconvenience caused and also having to scan my account daily to check for more mistakes by the bank.
  • This was on the news there...
    Some customers said they had received £20 into their accounts but it is not clear if that is the full extent of the compensation scheme.

    BBC NI reporter Kevin Magee said: "It is not clear if this will be a blanket compensation scheme where every customer will be offered a cash payment.
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • Phoolgrrrl
    Phoolgrrrl Posts: 685 Forumite
    You only get £20 if you 'visited and transacted at a branch during the incident'.

    So by using the cash I had left in account via ATM, store cupboard food I'm not even getting that!

    If I had ran out of money and gone into a branch I would have got £20.

    There is also 0.06% interest on savings, but only if account is still open at end November.
  • BigAl94
    BigAl94 Posts: 1,919
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Internet banking not working this morning. Been trying to get on for ages.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.