Ulster/RBS Bank problems

Options
spike7451
spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
Martin just posted about the RBS issues on my Facebook wall,looks like it extends to the Ulster as well...

http://ulsterbank.co.uk/ni/personal/generic/service-update.ashx

Thank you for your patience

We have experienced a technical issue which has led to customers experiencing delays in payments and a number of our key services being unavailable.

We are working hard to restore all our customer services as quickly as possible. However, until our services are fully restored and the payments backlog cleared some customers may continue to experience delays in the processing of payments.

Together with other banks and organisations we are doing everything we can to limit the inconvenience and delays to our customers.

Comments

• BigAl94
    BigAl94 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Unable to make online payments yesterday and today - no updates on their website.
  • NAR
    NAR Posts: 4,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Should be sorted tomorrow. Heard a horrendous story of a girl stranded in Venice, who had to get her hotel bill eventually paid by her father, because she couldn't get her own bank to transfer money. The delay resulted in her missing her flight home and having to rebook a flight to Newcastle, instead of Manchester - nightmare!
  • spike7451
    Options
    Unable to view or use online banking now...
  • NAR
    Options
    I can view my online banking, but problems now won't be sorted until Monday. I was expecting a lodgement yesterday which still hasn't appeared - might affect my beer intake at the weekend! :eek:

BTW Ulster Banks are opening until 7pm tonight to facilitate customers, if that helps anyone.
  • spike7451
    Options
    I'm just back from the bank where I took out £60 over the counter even tho I don't get my ESA till Sat/Mon.All I needed was a letter from the DSS,ID & my debit card.It was like banking back in the 70's with lodgement slips being put into a jiffy bag with everyone elses...
  • falko89
    falko89 Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone found any movements on Ulsterbank accounts yet? I see reports of Natwest and RBS but nothing in regards to Ulsterbank
  • NAR
    Options
    Ulster Bank are now saying that their accounts might still not be sorted out on Monday - what a shambles to say the least! :mad:

In my organisation when software upgrades are carried out and they fail, a "rollback" is the fallback situation which puts your system in the state before the upgrade. This takes a day to do, so the banks have a lot of explaining to do to explain why they took so long to fix their system/application.
  • mrsrwallace
    mrsrwallace Posts: 234 Forumite
    Options
    dear God, what a complete balls-up. I feel for the folk affected, maybe it is time to go back to stashing it under the mattress. Complete handling! My friend can't access her wages, can't pay for fuel to get to work and is begging from relations to tide her over and now this might still not be fixed! I presume there will be SERIOUS compensation after this dilemma as I am sure you'll all agree the banks are quick to charge when we mere mortals go a pound or two overdrawn!
  • D.A.
    D.A. Posts: 1,159 Forumite
    Options
    NAR wrote: »
    so the banks have a lot of explaining to do to explain why they took so long to fix their system/application.

It's not hard to explain - they got rid of a lot of their experienced mainframe staff and outsourced their jobs to India.

Typical stupid management decision.
  • getzls
    getzls Posts: 761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Seen a story on another forum about people withdrawing £300 multiple times without having the money in their account. Seems the ATMs were showing the same balance each time you used it. Any truth in it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure