🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Ulster/RBS Bank problems

Options

Comments

• Suplex_Backbreaker
    Options
    Salary due last month around 21/22nd finally credited today (11th). So they managed to restore those days which it appeared they were having problems with.

Now to go over the statement and make sure that debits were paid or I could be finding myself without phone/ TV/ power and maybe an impaired credit record ....
  • Suplex_Backbreaker
    Options
    cottager wrote: »
    See http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/reclaim/2012/07/rbs-reveals-refund-process-following-it-meltdown
    divided up into sections according to how you're affected, including credit reporting.

Relevant part: "From Monday 16 July, customers can call RBS on 0800 656 9639 for a special code to get a free online credit report with Experian."

You can get a free (well, for about 2 quid to cover the basic costs of postage) report from Experian anyway. I did so a while back - they posted me a code which I then put into a website to get a pdf format report. It was pretty hard to read, frankly, as it was just raw data more or less.

Apparently the 'paid for' service they offer gives you a nice readable one. There was a trial available for the paid service but it involved signing up and then cancelling later if you didn't want to continue - something I never like to commit to as whoever is selling usually makes it a real pain to cancel.

Presumably this is for the more detailed/easy to read version and doesn't require you to go through all the hassle of signing up for their 'trial' and so forth. I do hope it's not just a deal they have struck with Experian to try to hook new subscribers on to their service ...

What they should do is offer a service where you tell the bank and it fetches nicely formatted reports from ALL the main credit agencies and sends them to you, without further hassle on your part.
  • happy_with_my_lot!!
    Options
    Relevant part: "From Monday 16 July, customers can call RBS on 0800 656 9639 for a special code to get a free online credit report with Experian."

Presumably this is for the more detailed/easy to read version and doesn't require you to go through all the hassle of signing up for their 'trial' and so forth. I do hope it's not just a deal they have struck with Experian to try to hook new subscribers on to their service ...

What they should do is offer a service where you tell the bank and it fetches nicely formatted reports from ALL the main credit agencies and sends them to you, without further hassle on your part.

No more hassle - in a parallel universe maybe!!!!
  • NAR
    NAR Posts: 4,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am now up to date also with all debits and credits.

I will await the compensation offer; if it does not come up to expectation I will be making an appointment to ask "What are you going to offer me as a customer of 42 years to remain with your bank?" If the answer is not satisfactory I shall move.
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Cheeky question but I might as well ask.
    Will all U.B customers be given a small amount of compensation/incentive to stay or only those who can show they suffered as a result of the situation?
    I've been with them for 30 years or so.
    Apart from the online banking being down, my money went in ok and I was not really affected.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • HeadAboveWater
    HeadAboveWater Posts: 3,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    This was on the bbc website yesterday.

About half way down it says 'In a statement, Ulster Bank said: "RBS/NatWest have confirmed how they will be putting it right for customers who have been affected by the recent technology issue.

"While our focus remains on restoring normal service for our customers, we are committed to finalising our plans for compensation in the coming days, albeit that the same principles will apply."
    '
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Fair enough, thank you.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • Anne82
    Options
    Please help. Have any of you with Ulster Bank been able to use your credit or debit cards online? I need to pay some bills.
  • Anne82
    Anne82 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    C'mon, someone must know.
  • Belair
    Belair Posts: 394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Debit card, no problem at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories