Ulster/RBS Bank problems

Options

Comments

• Craftycilly
    Craftycilly Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 10 July 2012 at 8:11PM
    Options
    I phoned Ulster Bank today as my wages had not gone in to my account after over 2 wks but transactions from my account after this came out, meaning I was well into overdraft!!!! Told her all this and she asked me if my wages were due in on the 21st or 22nd and I said yes on 22nd oh she said we have had techinical problems on those 2 days which have come to light and we are now trying to sort these out and should be sorted by the end of the week. I wasn't aware of these difficulties on these days, was this made public and I missed it? I will give it to Thursday/Friday and then see!!!!
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Latest news,looks like they're backpeddeling somewhat over paying charges..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18778933
  • OneLife_OneShot
    Options
    Rang them today as I couldn't make my online payment to my credit card, I incurred a £12 late payment fee, the girl said that it would be refunded as I explained it was their systems fault and not mine that I was unable to pay it. I doubt it will be.

Also I needed to make an appointment to start paying back my O/D but they said I couldn't even make an appointment to next week, my account is just the O/D and I wasn't affected much (they still managed to get their monthly interest though).

All in all its a shambles.
    "All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered, the point is to discover them."

• Golden_Anemone
    Golden_Anemone Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    Options
    conisme wrote: »
    Rang them today as I couldn't make my online payment to my credit card, I incurred a £12 late payment fee, the girl said that it would be refunded as I explained it was their systems fault and not mine that I was unable to pay it. I doubt it will be.

It's not just the £12 late payment fee you need to ask about. What about the note that your credit card company will put on your credit report saying you were late with a payment?

I think anyone in your position should ask Ulster Bank how they are going to sort this out or it will affect your credit rating in the future.
  • happy_with_my_lot!!
    Options
    I phoned Ulster Bank today as my wages had not gone in to my account after over 2 wks but transactions from my account after this came out, meaning I was well into overdraft!!!! Told her all this and she asked me if my wages were due in on the 21st or 22nd and I said yes on 22nd oh she said we have had techinical problems on those 2 days which have come to light and we are now trying to sort these out and should be sorted by the end of the week. I wasn't aware of these difficulties on these days, was this made public and I missed it? I will give it to Thursday/Friday and then see!!!!

D. A.'s post no 287 yesterday is looking more and more likely, is it not? :undecided
  • rover25
    rover25 Posts: 387 Forumite
    edited 10 July 2012 at 10:13PM
    Options
    What do people think about Nationwide? Was gonna go with Halifax but as I said before my husband is with them and we don't both our accounts with them. The choice isn't great!
    My account and joint account seem to be working okay now, everything seems to be updated and we were just able to transfer money from my husbands halifax account to our joint ulster bank account for the mortgage due out Friday.
    When I went in yesterday to branch with cash in hand, the teller couldn't take it off me and put it into joint account for mortgage. She said they weren't able to put any money into accounts. When I asked her what to do about the joint mortgage account which was now empty as we hadn't been able to deposit/transfer money in, she said either try transfering online ourselves or just leave it and do nothing, leaving acct empty as she said the mortgage would be paid anyway. Although mortgage is with ulster bank/RBS still bit concerned about that as mortgage is a biggie if not paid! What I want to know now is if acct seems to be updated and okay now, can I go in and withdraw cash and close my account or just leave enough to cover direct debits that I wouldn't have time to get changed over?
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Went into the local Barclays today to open an account,had to make an appointment for next Monday as it appears,chatting to the cashier,a lot of Ulster Bank customers are opening accounts with them..
  • OneLife_OneShot
    Options
    It's not just the £12 late payment fee you need to ask about. What about the note that your credit card company will put on your credit report saying you were late with a payment?

I think anyone in your position should ask Ulster Bank how they are going to sort this out or it will affect your credit rating in the future.

Yeah I will, my credit rating isn't the best but I will be making sure it doesn't get worse for something that was not my fault.
    "All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered, the point is to discover them."

• doelani
    doelani Posts: 2,576 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Last money owed to my account from 22nd june paid in overnight and last DD pad out .
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb :T
  • falko89
    falko89 Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Options
    doelani wrote: »
    Last money owed to my account from 22nd june paid in overnight and last DD pad out .

Same here, everything seems to have corrected itself at last:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport