Ulster/RBS Bank problems

Options

Comments

• HeadAboveWater
    HeadAboveWater Posts: 3,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    This is unbelievable... :eek: :mad:
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • Suplex_Backbreaker
    Options

Bear in mind that this is all speculation.

But the facts give me plenty of reason to doubt the official line. In any case, three weeks of disruption is completely unacceptable.
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    edited 9 July 2012 at 1:33PM
    Options
    If there was such a thing as a missing day's worth of transactions, that that would be my guess for the date too, based on a missing salary payment.

Of course, if they really have lost transaction records for a period of time then they aren't going to shout about it as, aside from the uproar and total loss of confidence in the bank, it would be an invitation for every would-be fraudster in the country to have a crack. (As it is, I suspect lots of fraud will have been going on anyway during the ongoing period of disruption.)

Certainly, the problem is clearly about more than simply 'catching up' on a queue of transactions that hadn't been processed/had to be unwound and redone. They've had ample time since the original problem to re-run transaction logs, if they are still missing stuff from 21-22 or thereabouts yet have later transactions showing then they have no easy way to get it back.

I'd agree with that,they still have not taken back the £60 I got over the counter on the Friday 15th June but have taken the £20 I got on the following Monday.Don't think they know waht position they are in...
  • happy_with_my_lot!!
    Options

£42,000??? Chance would be a fine thing!

Is anyone else having problems with Standing Orders -they come out, then they are straight back in our account as a "FP reject..." We can't even use our Halifax account which is funded by SO from UB account?

Three weeks ago this was very useful but even that pot is running dry now! :(
  • shell820810
    shell820810 Posts: 393 Forumite
    Options
    Weekly lodgement (electronic) due on 22 June is missing. Previous week, and subsequent two weeks are in (from same employer/same payment method). Will give them to next Monday and then i will be querying it. I wonder if this is the "lost" day?
  • no-oneknowsme
    no-oneknowsme Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    Options
    Weekly lodgement (electronic) due on 22 June is missing. Previous week, and subsequent two weeks are in (from same employer/same payment method). Will give them to next Monday and then i will be querying it. I wonder if this is the "lost" day?

My only payment still "missing" is my wages which were due on 22nd....
    The loopy one has gone :j
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    edited 9 July 2012 at 9:27PM
    Options
    Well,my account seems to be up to date now apart from the payments I took over the counter.
  • happy_with_my_lot!!
    Options
    doelani wrote: »
    Branch told me he branch withdrawals would not be done until system fully up to date.

I was told the same - mine aren't showing yet.
  • getzls
    getzls Posts: 761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Was in bank to-day and i was going to lodge using the fast paying in enovlope. (you know what i mean) inside the bank. There was a sign saying out of order. A person in the queue said people were claiming they had lodged money that way and that hadn't. People wouldn't do that, would they?:cool:
  • Catherine_:]
    Options
    Direct debits which were due out on the 28th and 2nd have finally went out today. I have switched to Nationwide, just need to lift my money from Ulster Bank when this whole fiasco is over and waiting on direct debits to switch
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure