Ulster/RBS Bank problems

Options

Comments

• doelani
    doelani Posts: 2,576 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    spike7451 wrote: »
    Anytime banking is down again....At 3am today my account was £16 in credit,when I checked it around lunchtime,it was £21 overdrawn...
    And this is going to go on for over another week??!!

My balance has been the same since yesterday, still waiting on payment from 22nd and yesterday's and one DD to go out
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb :T
  • happy_with_my_lot!!
    Options
    doelani wrote: »
    My balance has been the same since yesterday, still waiting on payment from 22nd and yesterday's and one DD to go out

My balance has stayed the same all day for the first time in a few days - but STILL waiting on salary payment in from 21/22nd. Direct debits seem to be catching up, but Standing Orders have been doing a reverse Hokey Cokey all week - out - in - out - in - I've no idea what's happened with them...Spike...a week may well be wishful thinking! :mad:
  • jen_79
    jen_79 Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 7 July 2012 at 11:36PM
    Options
    For some reason my salary did appear over the last few days but has now disappeared. My savings account, which was totally fine over this whole fiasco is now wiped. I'm now in an unauthorised overdraft for the third time and for a totally random amount.

My balance has gone up and down like a yo-yo since this started and random transactions come and go every single day.

I don't understand how they are working this, if it was batches that were missed and needed to be caught up on in date order, surely every day we would see the balance become more and more accurate and the "timespan of inaccuracy" would progressively shorten, not all over the place with seemingly random things coming and going.

There is no consistency in how they are updating things to resolve the problem, at least for me.
  • getzls
    getzls Posts: 761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I need to lodge some cash. How do we stand that way, is it going to show? Have few cheques out, prob enough to cover as it is but hard to be sure.
  • Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    How did anyone chose a bank .I have never used the local banks .I used Abbey ,nationwide and co op .
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,611 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    In the Daily Mail online RBS has been hit by another computer software problem.
  • Toe-Jam
    Toe-Jam Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Options
    I'm LOVING the new Ulsterbank software fix.
    Everytime I take money out, the next day my balance goes UP.:j:j
  • Melontwist
    Melontwist Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your input! Huge pain in the !!! is something of an understatement... yes probably sometime... somewhere... everything will "level" out but you will appreciate why there are still doubters in abundance!

I've had no problems getting cash at the local UB branch - the front line staff are diamonds there - its all the other aspects of day to day banking that are causing the most hassle to be honest.

Just as a matter of interest - as you seem to have so much more info than our local staff - whereabouts are you in the pecking order of RBS/Nat West/Ulster - front line, IT or dare I ask boffin?

Not a boffin I am staff :)
    The views I express are purely my own and do not represent any views of my employer.
  • Suplex_Backbreaker
    Options
    jen_79 wrote: »
    For some reason my salary did appear over the last few days but has now disappeared. My savings account, which was totally fine over this whole fiasco is now wiped. I'm now in an unauthorised overdraft for the third time and for a totally random amount.

My balance has gone up and down like a yo-yo since this started and random transactions come and go every single day.

I don't understand how they are working this, if it was batches that were missed and needed to be caught up on in date order, surely every day we would see the balance become more and more accurate and the "timespan of inaccuracy" would progressively shorten, not all over the place with seemingly random things coming and going.

There is no consistency in how they are updating things to resolve the problem, at least for me.

Yes, they really are handling this very badly. They need to explain what they are doing and the likely effects on your accounts/balances.

So far I've been 'lucky' in that I haven't suffered from appearing/disappearing accounts or yo-yoing balances. However the wages which should have appeared over 2 weeks ago now have never materialised.

And they are saying it will probably go on all this week too ... I hope they are using the time to come up with some good incentives for me to keep banking with them.
  • happy_with_my_lot!!
    Options
    Melontwist wrote: »
    Not a boffin I am staff :)

Ha ha poor you! But this explains the problem we have in believing everything we are told - it seems every "staff" member has a different answer to every query!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure