Ulster/RBS Bank problems

Options

Comments

• HeadAboveWater
    HeadAboveWater Posts: 3,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    This is good to know...!!!!!!!
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • happy_with_my_lot!!
    Options
    Well, no sign of last month's pay yet (should have been in on the 22nd at the latest) but regular debits are listed in early July .... !!!!!!!

Lucky I had enough in the account to cover automated outgoings but what on earth are they doing as regards all the earlier (around the 20th) transactions?

Likewise! But according to the BBC news article mentioned in the previous post, quoting Chris Sullivan, CEO of Corporate Banking at RBS we are obviously delusional!

"RBS executive Mr Sullivan denied money was going missing.
    "The money is going into the bank - it's just not showing in their accounts and we're about five days behind in terms of catching up," he said"

FIVE DAYS!! In your dreams Mr Sullivan - at least TWO WEEKS behind and counting...
  • harry4444
    harry4444 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Was that a representative of RBS on telly last night---or was it Father Ted
    "The money is just resting in your account"---doing nothing else---just resting in my account----money coming from no where and going no where.

:rotfl:
  • Suplex_Backbreaker
    Options
    harry4444 wrote: »
    Was that a representative of RBS on telly last night---or was it Father Ted
    "The money is just resting in your account"---doing nothing else---just resting in my account----money coming from no where and going no where.

:rotfl:

You don't have 'money' in your bank account, ever. The bank has the money, you have a note of credit from the bank.

What's happened here is that Ulster Bank has lost track of how much they owe to their creditors.
  • BigAl94
    BigAl94 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I was thinking along the same lines having received (out of the blue), PIN nos for contactless debit cards from Barclays a couple of days ago. Our Standard Life mortgage is moving to them after the takeover and apparently we get a Woolwich current account tagged on to it whether we want it or not! What a way to run a business...

But, yes BigAl94 I wonder is this another poisoned chalice? Does anyone in our NI backwater (or so it would seem) have any experience of banking with Barclays here - given the limited number of branches in the province.

I had experience of them in the past 2/3 years and found them frustratingly hopeless. I did get a nice Xmas Hamper as an apology after months of fighting but couldn't recommend them and wouldn't go back to them.

Have a read here http://www.newstatesman.com/banking-and-insurance/2011/09/barclays-complaints-banks
  • happy_with_my_lot!!
    Options
    You don't have 'money' in your bank account, ever. The bank has the money, you have a note of credit from the bank.

What's happened here is that Ulster Bank has lost track of how much they owe to their creditors.

I totally agree - there is NO rhyme nor reason as to how transactions are being applied to our account - still NO salary credit - due over 2 weeks ago, standing orders which have appeared and disappeared on the accounts within hours and they tell us payments are being made - but we just can't see them - what a load of b*ll - nothing has appeared in the receiving accounts. Where in cyberspace are these payments? No-one knows.

Even Nat West is obviously not anywhere near as sorted as we have been led to believe. Sorry but I just don't believe a word any of the stories/promises RBS boffins and their cronies are spouting anymore. They are living in cloud cuckoo land!
  • Melontwist
    Melontwist Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    All of the transactions will level out, so please don't panic about od balances and credits. The main inconvenience is because of the lost batch runnings your account balances aren't reflected for transactions that you need to make, hence why you need to physically withdraw against the balances from a branch.
    I appreciate it is a huge pain in the !!!, but please don't be concerned about bills and credits, the bank will credit and debit interest and payments and back date for the purposes of charging.
    Remember, if you are ulster bank and in the uk, can you withdraw from a natwest or rbs branch, if you only have your card please take some addiotnal Id with you.
    The views I express are purely my own and do not represent any views of my employer.
  • happy_with_my_lot!!
    Options
    Melontwist wrote: »
    All of the transactions will level out, so please don't panic about od balances and credits. The main inconvenience is because of the lost batch runnings your account balances aren't reflected for transactions that you need to make, hence why you need to physically withdraw against the balances from a branch.
    I appreciate it is a huge pain in the !!!, but please don't be concerned about bills and credits, the bank will credit and debit interest and payments and back date for the purposes of charging.
    Remember, if you are ulster bank and in the uk, can you withdraw from a natwest or rbs branch, if you only have your card please take some addiotnal Id with you.

Thanks for your input! Huge pain in the !!! is something of an understatement... yes probably sometime... somewhere... everything will "level" out but you will appreciate why there are still doubters in abundance!

I've had no problems getting cash at the local UB branch - the front line staff are diamonds there - its all the other aspects of day to day banking that are causing the most hassle to be honest.

Just as a matter of interest - as you seem to have so much more info than our local staff - whereabouts are you in the pecking order of RBS/Nat West/Ulster - front line, IT or dare I ask boffin?
  • Belair
    Belair Posts: 394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't tell him Pike! Lol:rotfl::rotfl:
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Anytime banking is down again....At 3am today my account was £16 in credit,when I checked it around lunchtime,it was £21 overdrawn...
    And this is going to go on for over another week??!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure