Ulster/RBS Bank problems

Options

Comments

• sandrahaha
    sandrahaha Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    spike7451 wrote: »
    Anytime banking is down again....At 3am today my account was £16 in credit,when I checked it around lunchtime,it was £21 overdrawn...
    And this is going to go on for over another week??!!

the bank account is updating at 3:30am. that's why the balance has been changed.
  • lambert17
    lambert17 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I get paid by cheque every month and lodge it in the bank that same day. I've been having problems getting money out of my account, infect one woman in a bank had been rude to me, telling me that i could be anyone asking for money!!! What!! I showed my passport, my receipts and statements to prove i get money every month! I had to tell her that was no need to be rude to me and while i was still talking to her she just walked away!
    I am Furious to say the least! And all because i get paid by cheque every month.:mad:

After this i WILL be switching banks, due to that woman making me feel so little in the bank.

Is it possible to switch during this crisis at the bank as my lodgements haven't showed up at all?
  • doelani
    doelani Posts: 2,576 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just checked and Fridays wages have updated on account today and a DD came out .

All I need now is a wages payment from 22nd to go in . Wish they would hurry up then take everything we owe them Lol
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb :T
  • Toe-Jam
    Toe-Jam Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Options
    getzls wrote: »
    I need to lodge some cash. How do we stand that way, is it going to show? Have few cheques out, prob enough to cover as it is but hard to be sure.

No it is not going to show, they are not going to show until the 16th at the earliest. Only automated credits and debits so far.
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Well my ESA's in,normally get it on Saturday but it's due day is Monday,so it's early...
  • happy_with_my_lot!!
    Options
    spike7451 wrote: »
    Well my ESA's in,normally get it on Saturday but it's due day is Monday,so it's early...

Don't count your chickens Spike!!

I've completely lost track of standing orders and scheduled internet payments dancing in and out of our account for the second and third time - its getting worse instead of better... and still no credit from 21 June! :eek:

I'll be round to you with my begging bowl shortly!
  • NAR
    NAR Posts: 4,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :j :j They have "forgotten" to debit a £500 withdrawal made from my account at the bank in person last Sunday, even though other transactions are up to the 2nd July.

Pity they will update at some stage! :D
  • jen_79
    jen_79 Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    NAR wrote: »

The one thing we can all be sure of in this, is that no one will get any free money out of it. Rightfully so I guess but still, would be nice!

(Ignoring any compensation, we should be so lucky)
  • Debt_Free_Chick
    Debt_Free_Chick Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ha ha poor you! But this explains the problem we have in believing everything we are told - it seems every "staff" member has a different answer to every query!

Give them a break, please. They are also victims of the system. They can only work with what they're given - they can't magic a solution out of thin air.
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • doelani
    doelani Posts: 2,576 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NAR wrote: »
    :j :j They have "forgotten" to debit a £500 withdrawal made from my account at the bank in person last Sunday, even though other transactions are up to the 2nd July.

Branch told me he branch withdrawals would not be done until system fully up to date.
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport