Natwest Technical Issues

Options

Comments

• fedupwithnatwest
    Options
    Does anyone actually know when this problem will be solved I like so many others have children to feed and will now have problems big time the natwest should compensate anyone who has been affected by their mess up :mad::mad:
  • johnsons_baby
    Options
    stclair wrote: »
    It was the 5th November 2011 that last time it happened.

4 weeks ago there was issues with the Saturday/Monday payments being delayed,I only found out through this forum that they were having issues as by 8am on Saturday my Monday payment hadn't appeared, was sorted by 10am.
  • emcguire1234
    Options
    Does anyone know if you can get cash over the counter in branch...even if you're pay isn't showing online? Need cash for petrol and getting slightly concerned if not able to get it until possibly tomorrow!
    Please help and repond if you can :(
  • fflsh
    fflsh Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    It's also affecting mortgages - I was supposed to complete yesterday and still waiting....
  • rmas
    rmas Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    stclair wrote: »
    In a nut shell no unless you actually make an application for one or get your current overdraft extended.

I went in today to extend my current overdraft and change some details but was told that essentially they couldn't do anything at the branch - including setting up or modifying existing overdrafts.

I also attempted to pay a fiver in for a train ticket but that seems to have disappeared into the ether (will probably surface tomorrow, I have the receipt otherwise). No word on when it's getting fixed (the branch looked a bit headless-chicken-esque and I'm not surprised).

While it's annoying to say the least - people, please don't berate the customer service/branch staff. Software is a pain in the !!! to build and maintain - and even more so with the stress of the country's money on your head.

Thankfully, I have a working account at Barclays :)
  • johnsons_baby
    Options
    From the Natwest Homepage, very, erm, useful...

Important information for our customers

We are currently experiencing some technical issues which means that account balances have not been updated, and are still showing a balance from yesterday. Some services are also unavailable online.

We are working hard to fix this issue as soon as possible and will keep you updated on progress. We are experiencing very high call volumes as a result.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
  • Natwestnightmare
    Options
    Does anyone know if you can get cash over the counter in branch...even if you're pay isn't showing online? Need cash for petrol and getting slightly concerned if not able to get it until possibly tomorrow!
    Please help and repond if you can :(

I would be demanding the money if I was you! It's their mess up not yours and should be more then willing to give you your money over the counter .
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    They'd probably be getting less calls if they posted a message explaining what the implications are for debit card use and ATM withdrawals on existing balances and non-updated balances with credits made yesterday and today.

I would imagine the bulk of calls are around these issues... :(
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • grk00002
    Options
    I just got a payrise and this was my first decent payday in ages! I phoned at 7am, was told it would be fixed by 9, phoned at 9, fixed by 11, phoned just now - told it could be tomorrow now. natwest might not charge for returned direct debits etc but the recipients of the DD's might. hopefully natwest will refund any such charges. This happened when I was with santander, so i closed account and moved to natwest, 3 months later my branch of natwest was sold to santander! Somewhat irritating
  • Kate4282
    Kate4282 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    The company I work for pay the wages through Natwest- none of the employees have received wages this morning!
    :jGetting married September 3rd 2011! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport