Natwest Technical Issues

Options

Comments

• Newdawn00
    Newdawn00 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    DonnySaver wrote: »
    What number are people using to ring them? I've phoned 2 different numbers now only to get the same automated message telling me to ring back this afternoon or go into branch if urgent.

When it says ring back later dont hang up. Go through the automated messages pressing number 1 to hear balances etc then there will be an option to speak to an advisor. The second time I phoned I rang this number 0800 200 400 and skipped a lot of the talk. But was on hold for about 20 minutes.
  • Wyre
    Wyre Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    katelina wrote: »
    They wont need that just your debit card and maybe take some id with you like passport or driving license as the chip and pin machines are also being temperamental. No promises by the way its just what my branch and others in the area were doing yesterday :)

Brilliant, i won't even be able to get any cash that way then as I don't have a driving licence or passport *sighs* Things are just getting better and better hehe
    Spam Reporter Extraordinaire

A star from Sue-UU is like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day!
    :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
  • Cell
    Cell Posts: 580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lara44 wrote: »
    Hello

We're both Natwest customers in this house - but made do with what we had yesterday because of the bank problems. We don't really know if we're affected - still showing positive balances.

I wondered if people were still able to make debit card payments? Or if most cards weren't working at all?

I withdrew cash yesterday no problems.

I haven't used the debit card since, but that hasn't been reported as a problem (unless you don't have the money available due to the !!!! up).
  • ammonite
    ammonite Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I used an 0800 number (found on saynoto0870 website) which was for customer relations and got the automated message.

I think for anyone panicking seriously about food, the best thing to do would be to go into your branch.
  • katelina
    katelina Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wyre wrote: »
    Brilliant, i won't even be able to get any cash that way then as I don't have a driving licence or passport *sighs* Things are just getting better and better hehe

They can ask you millions of questions like "whats your shoe size" etc to identify you ;)
    The debit card isn't a problem.........just being tempermental (sp):)
  • Newdawn00
    Newdawn00 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    I tried to do a transfer between natwest accounts through telephone banking but it says insufficient funds so the money isnt in there, it isnt just that its not showing like natwest are saying.

I called this morning and automated message said ring back later this morning. I just phoned again and automated message said phone back this afternoon!
  • wannabehermit
    Options
    Those who have said that they can't transfer between accounts have you got the app and tried that way? I've been able to transfer from my savings account into my current account, so that at least if wages, tax credits and money I've got due in tomorrow don't materialise then at least the direct debits that are due out tomorrow are covered and the credit card will have to be used for shopping. It's an inconvenience for me as I pay a lot of things on a Friday with my tax credits but it won't make anything overdue at least.
    Clean credit file:12 mths
    Car loan: FREE! :j
    THE PLAN: 1.Pay off debt £8808.42(£3254.45, £1570.32, £2698.33, £0:dance:, £1000, £285.32) 2.Save monthly for Christmas/insurance etc £150 per month 3.Save for emergencies /£1500 4.Save for our B&B £????depends which one takes our fancy :D
  • jamie2709
    jamie2709 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    DonnySaver wrote: »
    What number are people using to ring them? I've phoned 2 different numbers now only to get the same automated message telling me to ring back this afternoon or go into branch if urgent.

I have been ringing them on 01216959238. Found on saynoto0870.
    Everytime I have got through to very nice helpful staff ( well as helpful as they can be as they don't know much themselves)
  • Wyre
    Wyre Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Newdawn00 wrote: »
    I tried to do a transfer between natwest accounts through telephone banking but it says insufficient funds so the money isnt in there, it isnt just that its not showing like natwest are saying.

I called this morning and automated message said ring back later this morning. I just phoned again and automated message said phone back this afternoon!

It probably is there but their own systems aren't seeing it so tranfers etc can't happen.

Try not to worry too much about it 'til you can get into the branch.
    Spam Reporter Extraordinaire

A star from Sue-UU is like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day!
    :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
  • katelina
    katelina Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Newdawn00 wrote: »

That is because of the systems problem not recognising any monies coming in so therefore you cannot transfer or use any of that money and neither can the bank on the systems. It's a nightmare. The internal reports are not linked to the systems that are at fault.........I presume :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure