Natwest Technical Issues

Options

Comments

• spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    This is from TODAYS update on the Ulster Bank site,it appears that they are working two or three days BEHIND!!

http://www.ulsterbank.co.uk/ni/personal/generic/service-update.ashx
    When were the last payments made to accounts?

All salaries, payments and social security payments that were due into your accounts on Tuesday 19th have now been credited to your account and you can access these at the ATM or in-branch.

What transactions are going through my account today?

All credits and debits to your accounts from Wednesday 20th June are currently being processed. However, as a result of the technical issue there is a backlog of payments to be processed which we are working our way through as quickly as possible.
  • Newdawn00
    Newdawn00 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    I am very stressed and upset this morning so thought I would come on ehre to share experience.

I haven't been paid child tax credit today and I can't get to a branch until this afternoon. We have 5 children to feed and husband doesn't get paid until next friday (with a different bank thankfully) but how are we supposed to last with no food? We start to run out of food by friday and have very little. We have a packet of pasta and a few tins of different things so it will be about 2 days I would say until we run out of food completely and if I cannot get money from natwest later I seriously do not know what to do. The need to make sure my children are looked after is extrememly strong so this is very distressing for me.

I have phoned twice to speak to natwest once by somebody that was extrememly unhelpful and lastly to somebody very nice and supportive which I need at the moment. I will just keep checking online bank until I can get to the branch, but I have no proof of how much I get (except printed off bank statement I managed this morning) so I have no idea if they will give me anything. To top it off it's my daughters first birthday AND my husbands birthday next week and the thought of celebrating with no food is disheartening. My husband says it will be sorted soon. I just wish I could be that positive!
  • Maxes_Party_Planner
    Options
    Due to be paid today and having just checked online it doesn't appear that I have been.

Oh the irony of the scrolling adverts underneath their important message to customers
  • Lara44
    Lara44 Posts: 2,961 Forumite
    Options
    Hello

We're both Natwest customers in this house - but made do with what we had yesterday because of the bank problems. We don't really know if we're affected - still showing positive balances.

I wondered if people were still able to make debit card payments? Or if most cards weren't working at all?
    :A :heartpuls June 2014 / £2014 in 2014 / £735.97 / 36.5%
  • Wyre
    Wyre Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I can only tell you what happened to me yesterday - I went to the cash machine and it said that I have no available balance (I paid in £250 cash yesterday morning). This was after I attempted to make a card payment online (not via the Natwest site) and it was declined.
    Spam Reporter Extraordinaire

A star from Sue-UU is like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day!
    :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
  • nigey74
    nigey74 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    My wages or taxcredits havent gone in :mad:

I just spoke to the most unhelpful person and apparantley with the next hour or so money will show
  • ykciv81
    ykciv81 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    My wage gets paid in on a friday morning and seems to have gone in but my child tax credit still hasn't gone in!!!
  • Newdawn00
    Newdawn00 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    I was told they are hoping it to be resolved this afternoon. Its all a bit fob off to get you off the phone. The first person I spoke to didnt give a monkeys what my problem was and said go the branch to sort it out.

I completely understand they must be having a lot of annoyed people calling and I know they don't know much and it's not their fault. But as customer service they should be supportive, listen to our rantings and try to advise where possible.
  • katelina
    katelina Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Newdawn00 wrote: »
    I am very stressed and upset this morning so thought I would come on ehre to share experience.

I haven't been paid child tax credit today and I can't get to a branch until this afternoon. We have 5 children to feed and husband doesn't get paid until next friday (with a different bank thankfully) but how are we supposed to last with no food? We start to run out of food by friday and have very little. We have a packet of pasta and a few tins of different things so it will be about 2 days I would say until we run out of food completely and if I cannot get money from natwest later I seriously do not know what to do. The need to make sure my children are looked after is extrememly strong so this is very distressing for me.

I have phoned twice to speak to natwest once by somebody that was extrememly unhelpful and lastly to somebody very nice and supportive which I need at the moment. I will just keep checking online bank until I can get to the branch, but I have no proof of how much I get (except printed off bank statement I managed this morning) so I have no idea if they will give me anything. To top it off it's my daughters first birthday AND my husbands birthday next week and the thought of celebrating with no food is disheartening. My husband says it will be sorted soon. I just wish I could be that positive!

If you can make it into your branch today they will be able to check there internal daily Bacs reports. If it is showing you should be able to withdraw some. I do think it depends on the branch but that is what was happening in my branch yesterday.
  • ykciv81
    ykciv81 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Just spoke to my work payroll they said they only just transfered the money an hour ago, so it has gone straight in. So why has my child tax credit payment gone through?????
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure