Natwest Technical Issues

Options

Comments

• anneatkins
    anneatkins Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm contracting and get paid weekly. If my wages weren't in today it wouldn't be a massive problem.

The inability to money from my savings to my current account is a massive problem. I can't do it. I'm leaving Nat west. Glitches are one thing. 24 hrs of system failure, large scale disruption and mixed messages are another thing entirely.

Exactly! Some people do have other money, but cannot *get it*

Thank heavens we are sorted (hope it sticks), but my gosh I worry about some of the folks out there. I mean, if you had a delivery coming, those are hard to reschedule because the schedule's set in advance, etc.
  • LadyCoupon
    LadyCoupon Posts: 718 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    scattykat wrote: »
    None of mine in and I've been told by 8am it will be sorted, just come off the phone to them

When this happened yesterday, I rang them before 6am and they also said it would be sorted by 8am, but 8am came and went.
  • xbecx30
    Options
    I can't believe this is still goin on check bank today no wages :@ I hope they get this problem sorted today
  • anneatkins
    anneatkins Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's been happening since Tuesday I just read on Twitter.
  • robin_banks
    robin_banks Posts: 15,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LadyCoupon wrote: »
    When this happened yesterday, I rang them before 6am and they also said it would be sorted by 8am, but 8am came and went]

It appears the first problems were reported on Wednesday lunchtime. Coming up for 48 hrs of disruption.
    "An arrogant and self-righteous Guardian reading tvv@t".

!!!!!! is all that about?
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It has had an impact on me too and I bank with Santander....but ex husband is with Natwest and the weekly maintenance has not been paid over.

Now, I do have some food in the house but there are weekly things that are usually paid for with the maintenance (child related things) and this is my one very short week in the month where every penny counts, so I am feeling the impact quite badly.

Going to have some very unhappy children over the weekend if this is not sorted today.
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
  • cleggie
    cleggie Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Options
    Tax credits are not showing as being paid in this morning, but i wasn't really expecting them to be, after reading the thread yesterday.
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Ulster Bank still affected,now I cannot even use online banking!
  • Drillerpoole
    Options
    Still problems with Natwest or should i say RBS i run a company cannot pay salaries. This is far greater than just a glitch Media are not seeing the true grief this is causing. There will be a lot od small companies who are going to be in dier straights if this is not fixed urgently.

Steve
  • f1widow
    f1widow Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    Ive checked in and see many people are still affected
    and also I still see people are constantly digging at parents who are stating that we have no food/petrol etc - we are not being neglectful etc we are actually being concerned and as one person pointed out what children are meant to eat (anneatkins:T)- we may have bits and pieces in the cupboard but you are hardly going to send children to school with a tin of beans and some bread and say "excuse me dinner lady there was no pack up in the cupboard today can you possibly do beans on toast for him"
    Likewise I dont want to give them couple of slices of toast for an evening meal when they have been to school / hubby been to work

Now before anyone jumps up and down in horror as I believe everyones reason for being affected by this is totally valid but no one has slated the person who could not pay for their holiday yesterday .............. stating why dont you have a reserve fund or stick it on your credit card etc (im not slating this person as they have worked hard for this and why should they not get their holiday / be penalised because they cant get at "their" money)
    We are all for whatever reason affected if people need money for food etc, pay for a holiday, complete on a house - everyones reason is worrying them - stop belittling the parents who are concerned for their families - the stocks dont last for ever and if you have been affected and the bank just cant tell you how long this is going to go on for (weekend coming up and nothing happens on a weekend) you are going to worry - it has been going on a few days but is only really impacting now
    Debt Diary: Im not going to be an Ostrich anymore -LBM - 16/1/12 /
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport