🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Natwest Technical Issues

Options

Comments

• fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I would imagine that that would have happened beforehand.

I remember when the Conservatives got into power and a day later unemployment had gone up. I enjoyed joking how they had only been in power a day and it had gone up.

Similar here, the downgrade would have been considered from data collected no doubt weeks or even months ago.
  • itchybutt
    itchybutt Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Still no wages and now no tax credits.:mad:
  • pop_gun
    pop_gun Posts: 371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The analysis might have been done months ago, but the problems facing RBS may only be surfacing now. If you think about it this technical issue is in effect a bank holiday for Natwest. Why would a recently downgraded bank need a bank holiday?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    not just natwest. Pension isn`t in either and comes from sippdeal via RBS
  • nefertiti6969
    Options
    no wages again even though i was told last night it was just updating itself through until 2am then all should be sorted :-(
  • LadyCoupon
    LadyCoupon Posts: 718 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    no wages again even though i was told last night it was just updating itself through until 2am then all should be sorted :-(

Were you supposed to be paid yesterday and it still hasn't gone in? Both me and hubby were paid yesterday and both our wages showed just before 4pm.
  • meliek
    meliek Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    i was due money in yesterday and mine went in at 4pm ish too... now i am expecting another amount in and its not there, hope its not as late as tomorrow.
    mel
  • itchybutt
    itchybutt Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I read some where that apparently it has been going on since Tuesday and only came to light yesterday as people were expecting wages etc. I wondered why my direct debit didn't come out til that evening.
  • nefertiti6969
    Options
    LadyCoupon wrote: »
    Were you supposed to be paid yesterday and it still hasn't gone in? Both me and hubby were paid yesterday and both our wages showed just before 4pm.
    Yes supposed to be paid yesterday. got collegues that have litterally no money..... just checked the comapnys bank system and the payments still havent even been released :-(
  • LadyCoupon
    LadyCoupon Posts: 718 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    itchybutt wrote: »
    I read some where that apparently it has been going on since Tuesday and only came to light yesterday as people were expecting wages etc. I wondered why my direct debit didn't come out til that evening.

I actually noticed something on the Wednesday which I wasn't sure what was going on. I checked my online banking first thing on the morning, then when I looked on the afternoon, a direct debit had come out, I said to hubby, that's strange, never had a direct debit come out on an afternoon before, so I think people had mainly noticed yesterday when the wages hadn't gone in, when it has been happening since Wednesday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport