Aqua Reward Credit Card - 3% cashback up to £100/year

Options

Comments

• Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    Check for popup blockers, as you get a popup asking for your name, address, card details, etc.

With a popup blocker installed, all that happens is you get returned to your statement screen.

Personally though, I'd just use faster payments, gets there much quicker than a third party taking your DC details and passing on the cash.
  • kaych
    kaych Posts: 376 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Gromitt. So you reckon the payment has not been made as I didn't see any pop-up asking for any details?
    Thought it was the easiest just to go on their website to make the payment, thanks for the tip. I just checked the statement and have got the SC and Bank Account to transfer the money to. Think I will do that instead then. Many thanks!!
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    Definitely no payment made as they use a third party to debit your card, which then needs all your details.

I thought the same thing as you, and after figuring out what was wrong I decided faster payments was much easier.
  • Hooloovoo
    Hooloovoo Posts: 1,281 Forumite
    Options
    I have received an alert from Equifax today.

I have a "New Credit Agreement Summary" from "AQUA/MARBLES BRAND OF PCL" with account type "Credit Card".

Everyone remember when the Aqua website was broken and it was coming up as the Marbles website?

I remember I almost got a Marbles card many many years ago when Egg first came out, and I decided to get the Egg Card instead because they had a better cashback offer.
  • time2save
    time2save Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

I am thinking about applying for this card but had a few questions that I was hoping someone on here would be able to answer.

1. Are there any products or services which are exempt from recieving cashback?

2. If you don't use the card for a certain amount of time do Aqua close or make your account become dormant etc and the time period this is?

Thanks,

time2save.
    Time to change for the better! :):):)
  • Katexx
    Katexx Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone sent their original ID documents in? How long did it take for them to be returned?

The URL they gave me on the letter for more info about who can certify photocopies doesn't work - http://www.aquacard.co.uk/ID - so I'm not sure what I need to get done. I work at a hospital so know plenty of consultants, but I don't think I'll be able to get to my actual GPs in the next week or so. I have no idea if that would be suitable though, and what they would need to write on the photocopy to 'certify' it.

I don't fancy sending off my passport, and I'm also struggling to find something recent for proof of address (almost all my bills are online and I can't really send off my driving license as I use it for ID all the time).
    Kate.
  • callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,392 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Katexx wrote: »
    Has anyone sent their original ID documents in? How long did it take for them to be returned?

The URL they gave me on the letter for more info about who can certify photocopies doesn't work - http://www.aquacard.co.uk/ID - so I'm not sure what I need to get done. I work at a hospital so know plenty of consultants, but I don't think I'll be able to get to my actual GPs in the next week or so. I have no idea if that would be suitable though, and what they would need to write on the photocopy to 'certify' it.

I don't fancy sending off my passport, and I'm also struggling to find something recent for proof of address (almost all my bills are online and I can't really send off my driving license as I use it for ID all the time).

Took me about a week to get it back. You don't need to send the Photocard off - just the paper license.

You can go to most post offices with photocopies and they'll certify them for a fiver. In the end I just sent off my paper license - but there is no way in hell I'd send my passport to them! Considering Halifax seem to do rather a lot of the admin for them, it's rather annoying you can't just get them verified in a Halifax branch.
  • Katexx
    Katexx Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    callum9999 wrote: »
    Took me about a week to get it back. You don't need to send the Photocard off - just the paper license.

You can go to most post offices with photocopies and they'll certify them for a fiver. In the end I just sent off my paper license - but there is no way in hell I'd send my passport to them! Considering Halifax seem to do rather a lot of the admin for them, it's rather annoying you can't just get them verified in a Halifax branch.

Oh OK, I don't mind sending the paper part off. Yeah, I don't fancy sending my passport really - especially as I've just booked a holiday for 9th September. Just managed to find my council tax notification (been looking for it for months - my boyfriend had it packed away with his job contract!) so I'll send off that & my licence. Sorted. Hopefully the card will arrive in time for my holiday as it would come in handy then!
    Kate.
  • inmypocketnottheirs
    Options
    callum9999 wrote: »
    Considering Halifax seem to do rather a lot of the admin for them, it's rather annoying you can't just get them verified in a Halifax branch.

You can! I phoned Aqua to ask if they would accept the PO verification. They said no, but to go into a Halifax and they will certify. So did that and sent off last Saturday. Still waiting to receive the plastic though!!
    Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.
    The Lord Giveth and the Government Taketh Away.
    I'm sorry, I don't apologise. That's just the way I am. Homer (Simpson)
  • bomson
    Options
    I have a poor credit rating though got accepted with a limit of £250 - I will probably rarely spend this much in one go though it would be a bit of peace of mind to have the £500 limit. Any ideas how long it will take to bump this up? I should receive the card soon and leave to travel on December 1st - though I read that you have to be using a card for 6 months minimum before they will review?

I have also opened a Metrobank account for free debit card withdrawals abroad and am applying for the FairFX and CaxtonFX prepaid cards. Does anyone know of another Poor Credit Credit Card (preferably Visa) that is ideal for abroad?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure