🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Options

Comments

• happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening. Not much gone on today. my £4.38 went into the bank :j Didnt print off my music magpie stuff though, tomorrows job!

Spent £6 at one stop getting heartburn relief tablets and batteries (And £1 worth of jaffa cakes on offer), Also had to spend £2.50 on some bra extenders as mine are digging in and dont want to fork out for new bras as we all know they arent cheap! especially as ill need new ones after the pregnancy :o So its an investment really :D

Did my gas & elec readings Sunday, first proper ones in months, theyve been doing estimates every month so i hope they've over estimated and not under estimated!

DH has also complained to Wiggle.com about our order that arrived today, we had paid extra for it to be delivered next day (last thurs) and it didnt come. So extra postage was £3.99 so we should get that back and hoping if he lays it on thick we will get a voucher too :)

Ive got to complain to Tesco as the bananas in my order were all split down the skins, i had 8 in a pack and 5 were split. Only noticed today and i ordered last week so hope they'll be ok with it and replace them/refund etc. I wouldnt usually complain but needs must, they were £1.50 :o

Looking after my brothers GFs dog overnight at the end of the month, its her mums wedding and the pup is only 3 months old ish. That will be fun, hoping ill get a token thank you out of it, even if its just a bar of chocolate, its a bar of chocolate i didnt pay for (and i eat a fair bit) :rotfl:

Off to bed now, super tired. Night all x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • debtbegone
    debtbegone Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Options
    An ebay sale, some watchers and a couple of bids have brightened up my day. I'm not going to count my percents till I've paid them off the CC so I might be a wee while before I've racked any up!

I spent a good hour or so last night writing up a pile of stuff in my "action plan"

I had a NSD today which I'm quite proud of. I'd slipped into the habit of buying lunch most days from the shop down the road from work, but that meant a daily spend of anything between £4-£8 depending on if I bought a magazine, big bar of choc or other tempting things! Once I'm out of my overdraft, every NSD I have I'm going to transfer £4 into my "savings" account from my current account and then pay that off the CC once I reach my 1% A good few weeks away for that but it's all part of the plan!

Well done on the walking decluttering, I never leave myself enough time to do that. Or the weathers so awful I just can't bring myself to do it!

Looking after the pup will be fun happytails! I love dogs :)
    The debtWILLbegone - taking it 1% at a time
    Grand Total Owed:
    [STRIKE]£11,000[/STRIKE]£9962 Kicking the evil HBOS card's butt: [STRIKE]£4920[/STRIKE]£4495
    1% (£50) at a time member #121 - 11/100

• marshy1985
    Options
    hi all, i can't sleep, there's been 2 break ins on my street in the last month, the most recent being last night!! Even though nothing like this happens around here (i live in a small village) i'm slightly worried, hence the no sleeping!!! on the plus side i have checked my credit card and dont owe as much as i thought, taken my 1% down to £9.50 and my total to 17%, so in some ways some good and some bad things happening!!!
    Scary stuff, i hope everything is well with the you guys and your reaching your %
    Natalie xxxx

Clearing off the credit card
    Every little helps!!!
    1% at a time #87
  • braddy970
    braddy970 Posts: 271 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning all, for some reason it feels like Sunday to me lol must be because I've been up since 5 with little one. Had a nice win last night, deposited £20 and won £100 ontop of the deposit so really happy, thats on it's way to the bank and I've sent £100 to my savings adding another 1% woop woop
    The 1% Challenge #76 - Debt 1 = £620 - 1% = £6.20 - 4.3%
    Debt 2 = £1600- 1% = £16 - 0%
    Debt 3 = £1012 - 1% = £10.12 0%

Pay all your debt by Xmas 2016 #130- £465.86/£7636.46 - 6.1 %
    Make £10 a day ~ Jan £182.49, Feb £373.65
  • FatPuddingMumma
    Options
    Good morning Percenters!

I've got a little side earner from my mum, in doing her ironing.
    She used to pay a company, but I asked to do it and get paid instead. The rate is £1.80 per lb, so exactly what she used to pay them. I'm hoping to put this against my debt every time. On average the last few times I've done it, it's accounted for my 1% so that's an 'easy' way for me, just need to seal the cash away and not spend it!

I've got an eBay pile in our bedroom as well. Our sons shoes he's outgrown, some cot bumpers etc. hoping for 1% with that lot, and got some DVDs for MusicMagpie too. Might schedule that in for today's naptime.

I also have a little kitchen table business which I'm hoping to make more of ESP before Xmas, a couple of sales could get me 1% at a time so here's hoping. Hopefully will get into a fair of some sort too.

Hope everyone has a great day! Looking forward to acquiring some ideas from you all xx
    Formerly known as CAFCGirl
    A decade of dawdling stops today 7/5/13

Number 1 for the Debt Chop : Volkswagen £337
    £63.00/£337 Squirrelled away in Paypal
  • craftingmad
    craftingmad Posts: 2,840 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone and well done on all these %'s coming in.

I have paid in the £246 earned from craft fairs and lottery wins over the weekend so I can now officially declare that my total now stands at:-

Member No 17 - 62% :j

Can I just say a massive thank you to Little-Miss again as without this amazing, inspirational challenge, I never think I would have been motivated enough to keep plodding on - I now feel like my £3000 target is achieveable - so thank you again :T

Keep up all the good work 1%'ers xxxxxx
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • FatPuddingMumma
    Options
    That's great craftingmad, well done you!!!
    Formerly known as CAFCGirl
    A decade of dawdling stops today 7/5/13

Number 1 for the Debt Chop : Volkswagen £337
    £63.00/£337 Squirrelled away in Paypal
  • lesgeo2012
    Options
    Morning everyone and well done on all these %'s coming in.

I have paid in the £246 earned from craft fairs and lottery wins over the weekend so I can now officially declare that my total now stands at:-

Member No 17 - 62% :j

Can I just say a massive thank you to Little-Miss again as without this amazing, inspirational challenge, I never think I would have been motivated enough to keep plodding on - I now feel like my £3000 target is achieveable - so thank you again :T

Keep up all the good work 1%'ers xxxxxx
    You might be the first to reach 100% you jammy so and so lol!!!!!!!!

Do you mind me what type of crafts you sell?
    Waste not, want not!
    Slow and steady wins the race!
  • 415SanFran
    Options
    I have had to spend some money on a decent pair of shoes as I have just got a NEW JOB! It;s in the lab at the local hospital so I know I will be on my feet all day long, we are pretty lucky in this town as we have an outlet shop for padders, I think they are shop seconds but they look perfect to me, I have bought a pair of so comfy shoes (ugly as sin but hey ho) that cost me 1% but a good investment as I know I will wear them for the next 3 year or till they drop off my feet, that's the way I am with shoes.

I am also trying to sort out what china I am taking to the vintage fair which I have a stall for, I have no idea of prices as I bought all the stuff a long time ago when it was classed as old fashioned and ugly, rather than vintage and retro! How times change! But really hoping to make about 4% from that. As the stall is only costing 20 GBP. Hoping for good weather of course.

silly question time> I have been sent my Te$co club points and I have the huge sum of 2.50 (woo flipping hoo) if I don't use them do I loose them all together or can they roll over till I have say a tenner that can be used when I have visitors or Christmas when I will benefit a bit more from them. I use the place so infrequently and tend to only go in for yellow sticker stuff. the only reason it is so high is because a friend of mine used my card when she was buying some clothing last month.

hopefully ebay will pick up when the children go back to school next month and people are back off holidays. I honestly think this is the worst month I have EVER had. I normally average 100 in sales a month in around 25-30 items, so far this month I sold 2 items for the asking price!
    Ebay 13 ;)........1583.46/2000.00 Amazon sales 54/50 Etsy sales 63/50
    Amazon 14.......4/50 Etsy14............46/75. Ebay........23/200
  • bpsp10
    bpsp10 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    Tesco vouchers have an expiry date on them, I think 18 months? But I think that even if you didn't use them in that time, you could reclaim them on the clubcard website (please someone else say if I'm wrong!)

Congratulations on the new job!! That is fantastic news!!

What I would do with the china is think of a price in your head that you'd like for them (eg £20 each or whatever) and then try that when the first person asks how much. If they snap up the great deal, you know you can increase the gains, if they seem to hesitate then you can drop your prices.

If you use price tags on them then you can't gauge the interest of the clientele.
    Total Credit Card Debt - £6,108/£7,079 (0% until April 2013)
    1% at a time #53 - 13/100
    DFD - [STRIKE]May 2015[/STRIKE] August 2014
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business