Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Options

Comments

• lesgeo2012
    Options
    Morning all! Day off work for me and Ive been busy lol!

1. As free listing weekend is done for the time being, im on the hunt for 99p items around the house!!! I call it 99p bonanza day lol!

2. Took all frozen food out of boxes and into freezer bags and created more space, thus less waste from chilled food only getting half eaten and wasted cause of lack of freezer room!

3. Made 15p on onepoll:cool:

4.Cleared house of clutter and sorted out craft items for making some extra cash. Hunting out local stall events!

4. Told husband off for going over his call allowance and adding £28 on mobile bill!!!!! Less dinner for him for rest of month to make up the shortfall:rotfl:
    Waste not, want not!
    Slow and steady wins the race!
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tattycath, there is a mobile phone trade in comparison site (its on here somewhere) i think its called mobilevaluer or something like that, have you tried that? Otherwise maybe Ebay?

Got another bid on my ebay sales, thats 3 with bids on and got a fair few watchers on other stuff. All to end Fri-Sun so fingers crossed. Still chasing up 2 non payers for 99p things :mad:

Got 2 floating shelves to list, BNIP, not sure whether to hold out for another free listing or just to list anyway to get them out of the way? Going to try FB first though.

I read something earlier that i thought might spur us on, 'Be happy whilst you are living, for you are a long time dead.'
    Made me think, I want to shift this debt as fast as i can so i can stop worrying and stressing and live a happy life! :T A few sacrifices now wont do me any harm, *looks for more things to sell and more things to cut back on*
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • FatPuddingMumma
    Options
    I googled mobile phone recycling comparison and went on a couple.
    I sold two and have used 2 different companies based on rating and prices offered.One I did yesterday morning, and the pre pay envelope came today. Quite surprising!

Loving that quote Happytails, thankyou for sharing. It's definitely true, a few years with less means more years with more instead of not a lot for a long time.....
    Formerly known as CAFCGirl
    A decade of dawdling stops today 7/5/13

Number 1 for the Debt Chop : Volkswagen £337
    £63.00/£337 Squirrelled away in Paypal
  • happytails
    Options
    Off to send my musicmagpie pack off and try and find more things to list on ebay lol

Just been looking through our tax credits "award" and figuring out this overpayment we need to repay. Spoken to them and we can pay back over 12 months. Its either £16 or £31 a month depending on if we have to pay back last year and this year or just last year. Bit of a kick in the teeth though considering we arent even eligible anymore. told them to take us off the system its too much stress for my liking. Got to ring the overpayments team later to get the figure and set up a DD. Pfft.

Live happy! Will keep telling myself this!

Sarah
  • Taadaa
    Taadaa Posts: 2,113 Forumite
    Options
    Not officially in this challenge, but I have made my 1% this month and then some. I got £90 back for a mortgage exit fee, £148 back from unauthorised credit card payments, and have made £88 in cashback. so more like 2% for this month! At the moment it still feels like an age away though. Every little helps I guess!
    I have had many Light Bulb Moments. The trouble is someone keeps turning the bulb off :o

1% over payments on cc 3.5/100 (March 2014)
  • bargainbetty
    bargainbetty Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am officially stupidly happy. A mate I had loaned money to last year (I know, I know, but he was really in the goop) has finally surfaced and sent a cheque for the whole amount - £500! Loads of percents!

If that doesn't bounce, it's an unexpected 7%+ boost to the pot. My ebay bits have slowed to the level of treacle running uphill, so that is a massive relief. Will update with the new number when it clears!
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps....
    LB moment - March 2006. DFD - 1 June 2012!!! DEBT FREE!

May grocery challenge £45.61/£120
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've finally sold a few bits on ebay-only about £30, but it's something. :) Problem is i have a serious cash flow problem this month and have about £2 cash to last until payday :( Money in the bank is all spoken for-DDs
    Won't be able to add to my % until after my DDs have gone out and my wages gone in. So at beginning of next month I hope to be able to put down another couple of %. Must ebay some more stuff soon.
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • happytails
    Options
    Got my music magpie stuff sent off :) Though had to spend £13.47 on some inner tubes for the husbands bike. He uses it for work and he had a flat yesterday and had to walk over a mile as he hadnt replaced his spare inner tube :( lesson learned lol

Got to do a Tesco shop later, get my next 300 points in the august offer. Then ill be eligible for the further 600 points on my clubcard which will go towards the rewards for days out :T So not a direct saving but it will be good to have £60 worth of days out vouchers.

Trying to think of alternative ways to earn a few quid but failing miserably. Off to see what the pay out cut off is on quidco....
  • ElleWoods
    ElleWoods Posts: 421 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What's the best way to get rid of a load of books, please? I've had a clear out and have a good couple of dozen books clogging up the spare room that I want to get rid of, but ideally I'd like to make a few £s from them rather than send to a charity shop (plus I don't think I'd be able to carry them to the CS anyway as they'd be so heavy). Any ideas?

Something I've decided to do is at the end of each day, I'm going through my purse and putting any copper or small change into a tin, then every month or so I'll count it out and bank (or use in the self service till at the supermarket if I'm desperate!). I also have a little container that I put £2 coins and 50p pieces into, then I dip into it if I need a bit of money and I'm short, for instance to pay the window cleaner. If it gets to £20, which it does every couple of months, I'll bank it and transfer to the CC.
  • clairelg88
    clairelg88 Posts: 286 Forumite
    Options
    Hey everyone :)
    Feeling much better about my break up now, I'm entitled to more help from tax credits and as its just me and my daughter we will save loads on food.
    I got paid today, got bonus too so I've used that plus what was left after other bills on a credit card, I paid another 15% this puts me on 22% over a fifth of the way there :)
    I've got a few things ending friday on ebay so once Ive paid this towards my credit card I will update.
    Well done to you all so far, shows that this idea of paying 1% at a time works and makes paying off your debts seem less daunting!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure