Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Options

Comments

• kaz665
    kaz665 Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    Car boot sale not exactly a roaring success as very quiet and only made £24 and my son £15. Every little counts though so now on 6% and hoping eBay may generate a bit more when the auctions close tomorrow.:)
  • braddy970
    braddy970 Posts: 271 Forumite
    Options
    I set myself a 6 week challenge were I only use £100 a week for gas electric (meter) food and fuel, here's how it's going, what ever I don't spend is going into the savings x

27th july - 31st ( 6 week challenge )
    6 trips food shopping...
    family of 2 adults 2 children 2 rabbits 10 fish :

august grocery... £191.74/£300.00
    electric : 40.00/£100
    gas : 20.00/£50.00
    fuel : 91.00/£150.00
    = 342.74/600.00
    The 1% Challenge #76 - Debt 1 = £620 - 1% = £6.20 - 4.3%
    Debt 2 = £1600- 1% = £16 - 0%
    Debt 3 = £1012 - 1% = £10.12 0%

Pay all your debt by Xmas 2016 #130- £465.86/£7636.46 - 6.1 %
    Make £10 a day ~ Jan £182.49, Feb £373.65
  • FatPuddingMumma
    Options
    Valuation on my first mobile was £44, so that's an excellent start for me! Woohoo
    Formerly known as CAFCGirl
    A decade of dawdling stops today 7/5/13

Number 1 for the Debt Chop : Volkswagen £337
    £63.00/£337 Squirrelled away in Paypal
  • soxxxxy
    soxxxxy Posts: 99 Forumite
    edited 18 August 2012 at 8:15PM
    Options
    #112 checking in.Wow everyone is doing great .I have 2% saved at last,mostly thanks to DH doing overtime.Feels great to have to started only 98% to go :j
    1% at a time member #112 2% paid
  • MessyMare
    MessyMare Posts: 979 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just found £3.50 in my Green Metropolis accout :) Cashed that out, every little helps. Payday on Wednesday, yay :) Can't wait, even though it'll be a five weeker for me, I've got my budget sorted so just need to stick to it.

Went to my mum's to start clearing out my junk from both of her spare rooms. Came back with loads of stuff for a car boot sale, just need to get it all organised in my office now, it's driving me mad!
    DEBT: £3585.91/£76843
    Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2018 #033 £635.78/£2435.78
    EMERGENCY FUND: £1000/£1000
    Our greatest weakness lies in giving up; always try just one more time
  • Hele_an
    Hele_an Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    Just had some early birthday money come through so it's upped my total by over 2% :T

Might not be able to stick to my budget tomorrow, birthday meal and drinks instead! I figure it's only one day over this month so it'll all be ok! :beer:
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Had some eBay sales end but ended up
    Buying bigger maternity trousers (eBay bargains) with some of it as my 8's really don't fit and are making me more uncomfortable, so figured it was a worth while investment, I'll sell my 8's these next few weeks and then my 10's in November. The buggy didn't sell which I needed to shift to get the money for the wheel set I need for the bike trailer we got (which is ace). Anyway everything is Relisted that didn't sell. It's mammoth post run day tomorrow for the bits I sold.

Getting more organised the more I shift (sell/charity/bin) which is spurring me on. I had clutter but have so much stuff. Just got to part with it all now!! So no more %s for me yet: oh and the money I transferred to husbands paypal account has been stolen as it got hacked :( paypal have frozen his account now but hoping we will get it back. Then I can put it straight into the % pot (if husbsnd didnt use any before it got stolen I'll have 6% more to add to debt 2 :)

Hope everyone's weekend has been good, night all x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 August 2012 at 12:41PM
    Options
    On page 2 again! tut tut. :) Where is everyone?

Well the husbands PP is still not accessible :(

Ive got £13.67 in mine so when the last ebayer pays i will transfer the 2% (£14) to my husbands business account and get him to transfer it to our bank account (what a faff!).

Wrapped up all my parcels this morning, got a massive carrier bag full of stuff to get off to the post office this morning. Just about to do my Tesco shop now to get my extra clubcard points, we are pretty bare in the kitchen :o ETA: DONE :)

Then its scrimp until the 24th when we get £100 off my friend (Every month for a car i sold her) and then with the remaining money we can get through this month and hopefully put a few more % away! My music magpie order is being processed so thats %'s ive already put aside.

Found out when we moved out DD's over to our new bank 2 companies didnt change details so need to call them and pay (£15 - ETA: DONE and £35) which is annoying as they were sent letters etc :mad: Why they cant follow simple instructions ill never know, just need to double check they didnt take it from our old account which is still active and has our 'spends' money in it.

Sarah x

ETA: ALSO SORTED OUT PAYING HMRC THEIR OVERPAYMENT, sorry about caps, £13.27 a month for 12 months. a ball ache but cant afford the full amount now and its interest free. productive morning :)
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • Clarienne
    Options
    I just stumbled across this thread - I'd come back to MSE after a break and I did exactly the same thing as the OP. I nearly got myself debt free, slacked off, and the debt has soared up again this summer, mixture of big expenses and head-in-sand spending! Very cross with myself but I'm going to think positive - getting it back down again will be much easier this time with all the MS lessons I have learned previously. 1% at a time is a great idea - going to take a look at that list now! :beer:

PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS

• asoe209
    asoe209 Posts: 358 Forumite
    Options
    Just transferred the £30 I made on ebay so this will be my 3% for the month, so will pay that in at the end of the week. the last payment I made went towards my new balance for the month so this month balance is only £13.

need to work out my pay but good chance of getting 5% paid this month week.

Got a few more things selling just hoping they sell, its taken 3 weeks to try and shift what has sold.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure