Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Options

Comments

• Little_Miss_Uni-Debt
    Little_Miss_Uni-Debt Posts: 844 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 20 August 2012 at 1:29PM
    Options
    Hello all!

Monday again! Last full week before hol, so I'm trying to tie up some loose ends before I go, sorting out websites, finishing work off, paying cheques in. Nothing much MSE. Just still awaiting the result of my PPI to see if they've upheld it.
    liz-paul wrote: »
    ...1 Question I have (maybe for little miss..?) - is there a way to make money from a website?

Hey Liz-Paul - Yes, there are plenty of ways to make money from a website.

If you'd like to set something up - drop me a PM!

The best way to make money from a site depends on how your intended readers spend their money.

Ebooks work well for niche subjects people are passionate about & are happy to spend money on. e.g. hobbies, pets, earning money. Especially if it helps them to do things quicker, better or faster.

Advertising works best when you have a great volume of visitors that are less engaged.

I know quite a few people that have written (really obscure) ebooks and have done quite well. After all it would only cost your time to write it & set up the site.

Don't forget - the profit you would make on 1 modestly priced ebook sale would probably be the same as the profit from advertising after you've had a few thousand visitors to your site.

I know some people that have actually set up their website BEFORE they have written the ebook. They used the site to gauge interest and only committed to writing the book after they had several pre-orders.
  • marshy1985
    Options
    Hey all, how are you all doing on this summers day?
    I'm up to 22% now and have a further 2% in paypal from eBay sales which I am waiting to clear before I can withdraw! Also my cheques from music magpie and zapper are hopefully on their way, which should be another 1% after I've paid my brother back!
    Well done everybody!!!

Clearing off the credit card
    Every little helps!!!
    1% at a time #87
  • FatPuddingMumma
    Options
    Well I dot know about anyone else but my head is melting.
    I'm currently waiting on:
    £44 from one mobile sale
    £26.60 fron another mobile sale
    £40 from invoices from my craft business (which I set up in part to make a bit more money)
    £15 from ironing job
    £15 from selling our sons old rocker chair
    £10 from music magpie DVDs

None of it has hit my account yet so don't feel like ive made much progress in paying it off but the thought is there...
    Formerly known as CAFCGirl
    A decade of dawdling stops today 7/5/13

Number 1 for the Debt Chop : Volkswagen £337
    £63.00/£337 Squirrelled away in Paypal
  • kking_2
    kking_2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Hello newbie here! This thread is very inspirational! My 1% is £80. After some ebaying i'm nearly at 2%. :) i've been looking at some wholesale/joblot jewelry and thinking of selling it alongside my stuff at a carboot sale in a few weeks, any thoughts?
  • woo, after selling some more of my baby bits, getting a refund from something awful and expensive and using the holiday pay ive just got paid from work (im on maternity leave so it gets paid to me) i've just gone from 16% up to 54% :) ...no idea how im going to manage the rest by end of October, especially with my son's birthday that month, but I can live in hope that more people will want to buy baby stuff I guess!
    Mummy to a very gorgeous little boy and baby girl :D

|'1% at a time' #116 |
  • NikkeiPositivity
    Options
    Hey all,

Number 99 checking in.

Well as I said in my previous post, I'm still waiting on payday next week before I can pay any %'s. In some ways it's quite frustrating as I want to be off the zero mark but in other ways it will be nice to go from 0 to a bigger number in a blink of an eye. We were aiming for 3-4% so around £640 but we think we might be able to double that to 8% as we've had a really frugal month. Ian's taken every extra shift available and I've worked overtime as well and hit bonus ( it's only a small amount but every little helps right!) I've also sold a Blackberry curve for £43. I also got paid the remaining holiday pay from a previous contract I worked which was an additional £144. Feeling really excited that we might actually be able to be debt free this time next year if we carry on going! I'm really enjoying my new job and they are going to fund upto £500 per course for my CIMA as well as pay for the exams and membership so that will help us out loads. I also get guaranteed pay rises for every exam I pass, so a really good reason to pass exams first time! I'm on a makeup course today so sat in cafe Nero as got to Manchester way earlier than anticipated so limited my self to a chai tea latte, and not the sicillian lemon cheese cake that is winking at me from across the way! Let's hope I can get through lunch time without buckling huh! Well I hope you all have a lovely day In the words of my favourite bouncy friend TTFN x x
    2012 '1% at a time' member 99 - 17% 1% = £167
    2013 '1% at a time' member 99 - 15.8% 1% = £139
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Trying to figure out what i can buy in bulk and sell on seperately for profit on ebay and if its worth doing. Not sure. Ive got loads of stuff im listing on ebay atm (20-30 things on there atm), they are mostly 99p things but it all helps i suppose :o Took a massive bag of stuff to the post office yesterday, im sure they hate me :o

If i didnt have the kids it would be so easy! I could do allsorts (dog walking/sitting. ironing and cleaning etc) but im pretty tied down having 2 kids under 4 who dont attend nursery (and no intention of going to nursery) and pregnant with number 3 lol Husband is doing some overtime tonight, so that'll bring in some extra. I feel like im just stuck Ebay selling. Dooyoo i registered twice and i still cant get on, it just doesnt like me :rotfl: Valuedopinions never accept me for surveys and im not sure id get my head around matched betting.

Ive got 10 weeks to find a further £500 (its just less than that but its an easy number to use) so thats £50 a week :eek: quite daunting really. As i still need to pay my £30-£60 monthly fee and the CC minimum payment which this month was £140

We use reusable nappies on the youngest and will do on baby but i do have rather alot (probably more than enough for 2) and i use a cloth nappy site with a classifieds so might sell a few of the excess ones to bump the % fund up :D

Off to take my daughter to her friends for a few hours, play dates at 3 bless! Hoping the youngest will nap leaving me to get on with tidying/finding things to sell and packing my labour bag as i have about 10-11 weeks left :o

Sarah x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • liz-paul
    liz-paul Posts: 899 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Sarah, I know how you feel, my 2 kids are now 6 & 3 and I haven't really been able to work while they are little as childcare costs would outweigh the benefit. 1 suggestion that might work is do you have any friends/family that you could do casual cleaning or ironing for? e.g. fit it in when you can? Or a few people I know (not relevant for you yet due to impending birth) work as waitresses/bar staff P/T when their partners are home from work and can watch the kids. It's not easy but I know a couple of girls who just do it around 3 nights a week and it earns them a bit of money, gets them out of the house and still allows them to have family time. Good luck with everything, I dare say new baby will take up a fair bit of time lol

Today I have become a fully registered childminder! It only took 6 bloomin months (not counting all the studying I did last year!). It's going to take another couple of weeks to my insurance and what not sorted but then I can start working again :T It's quite a relief as we seriously went through our finances at the weekend and if either of us ever wants to retire, give up work, study again, travel or anything else then we need more income as well using our current income more sensibly! Just have to try and find some clients now!
    Still stuck at 6% but aiming towards 10%, I will get there soon!
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
  • Hmm_2
    Hmm_2 Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    Well, I'm still at 0% until the end of the month. I have transferred money from another account into my current account, sold stuff on music magpie and have a change jar to cash in, but can't update total toward my % until end of the month as I freelance and work part time, and income is unpredictable.

I feel a bit discouraged today as I really want to shift this debt, but it feels like I never will. Some days it feels manageable, but others are just really tough.

I've really enjoyed reading through the thread and it's encouraging to share the journey and see everyone else's progress. :T

Doeas anyone use eBid to buy or sell? I grudge eBay fees, but whenever I look at eBid there doesn't seem to be much happening...
  • bpsp10
    bpsp10 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    I'm now up to 8%. Another %age due to not having to travel to London everyday for work recently because of the Olympics.
    Total Credit Card Debt - £6,108/£7,079 (0% until April 2013)
    1% at a time #53 - 13/100
    DFD - [STRIKE]May 2015[/STRIKE] August 2014
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills