Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Options

Comments

• Little_Miss_Uni-Debt
    Little_Miss_Uni-Debt Posts: 844 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 2 October 2012 at 12:40PM
    Options
    Hello all,

It's been a while since I've done a new total for myself!
    Fortunately these past few days I've had some GREAT news!

I had started the ball rolling on lots of things, some long term ideas.
    Planted a few money seeds to see how they turn out! flower-smiley.gif?1292867597
    Well finally I'm starting to see some returns!

The two best things that have happened are :-

My PPI has been upheld! £800+ returned, one WHOLE debt clearing soon! Will be going to the Ombudsman for my bank charges.

This brings my 1% total to 20%
    Bank charges would be another 7.5% on top.

Also I took my MSE attitude to work, researched several ideas that will save hundreds of thousands each year, passed them onto the management & they're going to implement them! I've been given over £1166 in prizes for my moneysaving ideas!!!!

Unsure whether to keep/sell yet. That would be another 14.5%!!

It has been a crazy couple of weeks!

Here is a list of other normal things that I've been doing lately!:rotfl:

1)2 sacks ready for cash4clothes (added bonus of tidy drawers!)
    2)Another wedding done, got my 2nd photographer fee!!
    3)Big pile of items sorted out ready for ebay

In other non-MSE news I've been doing my family tree (wanted to do that for years!) & I've started writing again - ebook!

I also plan to get back into running. I know it's a mad time to start with the dark nights coming but it's free & there's a popular track near me. I want to be good by next summer and there's still enough time to improve before the end of the year and therefore start 2013 as I want to!

I would never have done half of these things without the motivation from you all joining in on this thread! :j
    Thanks everyone, happy percenting!
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done little miss!

Well an Ebayer collected an item today, on time :)

Busy checking my credit file on Equifax and Noddle today (correcting details etc) and still awaiting Experian to correct theirs.

Got husband on it too! So far he has checked 1 and there has been a previous address wrong! goes to show that they need checking!!

apart from that i havent done anything today, we had lunch from sainsburys as couldnt cook as kitchen off limits with drying tiling on the floor!

Sarah x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • Decluttering
    Options
    Another 1% today from my current account Reward payment of £5. I think I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel for this first target! At one point it was looking like it would be impossible to have the money I needed for my course by the time it began in January but at this rate I could have the funds for the course after that ready by Christmas!

Also got a tax rebate which boosts my total up by 24.56%

1% = £5
    Target = £500
    Total So Far = 99.523%

Wow! If that figure above is correct, I'd better start thinking about my next goal! I can't believe I've managed to get that money together in such a short amount of time, thank you everyone who has kept me inspired on this thread :)
    Thank you competition posters!
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another 2% so I'm at 4% and 19%
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • aprilshower
    Options
    Hi Everybody

I cant believe what time it is. I came across this thread and started reading it and now it is 2 36 am.

I really would love to join. I owe my mum £4000 that we used to do some repairs to our house. So I really would love to pay her back as fast as possible.

Could you please put me down for £4000 or 1% being £40

Thank you. I will start tomorrow by going through some of the great ideas on this thread. If I need any more information I really hope you all dont mind me asking.

Take care and I think I am off to bed now.

Aprilshower
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning, very chilly today, ive popped the heating on but its only set to go on if it drops below 19c in DS' room so hoping it should just take the edge off. Not very productive when its cold!!

The kitchen floor is finished so ill mostly be catching up with the washing (got about 6 loads to do and i want to do the bedding!). Then im treating a friend to a McFlurry for getting a new job, its all i can afford lol and ice cream is still a treat even if it is from macdonalds :D

Must post my Ebay parcels today, been a bit slack with that this week! Got some bits to list on my parenting forums before i try Ebay in a few days.

Sarah x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • 7roland8
    7roland8 Posts: 3,601 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Also I took my MSE attitude to work, researched several ideas that will save hundreds of thousands each year, passed them onto the management & they're going to implement them! I've been given over £1166 in prizes for my moneysaving ideas!!!!

Congratulations -thats fantastic news for you and great recognition.
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
  • lesgeo2012
    lesgeo2012 Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    Well another 1% to the car fund, and 3% towards debts. Just paid out for a table on a christmas fayre, but i'm seeing this as a learning event rather than a money making one as it's the first time I will have sold my crafts, and first time at a fayre!!! If I make money first time then thats a bonus!
    Waste not, want not!
    Slow and steady wins the race!
  • Little_Miss_Uni-Debt
    Options
    lesgeo2012 wrote: »
    Well another 1% to the car fund, and 3% towards debts. Just paid out for a table on a christmas fayre, but i'm seeing this as a learning event rather than a money making one as it's the first time I will have sold my crafts, and first time at a fayre!!! If I make money first time then thats a bonus!

It might be worth taking a friend with you to man your stall for an hour while you have a look around the other stalls, it's always good to see what's selling well and make friends with other stall holders. They usually tell you when fayres are coming up and which ones are the most popular!
  • Little_Miss_Uni-Debt
    Options
    Had another couple of orders from fivesquids lately, that's turning out quite good actually!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure